**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lag again....this is what I noticed. [Under Investigation]

167891012»

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    @marcusblue I couldn’t agree more.... lag lag lag first time I’ve experienced this and battery draining too.

iPhone 6
    Latest iOS

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf anything on this? Can’t upgrade to new phone, but would hate to delete the game because of lag issues.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    Guys, I hate to tell you this, but it is your device causing you to lag. I don't know why kabam hasn't outright told us this yet, but there is probably a reason. I'm thinking they don't want to tell people that the game needs the fastest processors and if you don't have the most up to date devices you are at a disadvantage. You'll notice that those with iPhone 8's and X's and those that play on iPad Pros don't complain about the lag. I haven't had any lag in a month since I upgraded my device. I know many will disagree with what I'm writing but my iPhone 6 lagged all the time and was unplayable. Everytime I got an email, text, message from Line or Groupme or anything that put the slightest pressure on the cpu, the lag started.

I agree with this, it is definitely the older phones. However, I’m not spending 1000 dollars on an iPhone X just to play this game. Can’t afford it anyway. Also, the games compatibility info in the App Store says requires iOS 7.0 or later. Lol 😂. Also says compatible with all iPhones iPads, iPad minis, etc. I really would like a statement from Kabam on the REAL compatibility of the game. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf

• Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    whats the point of mods directing us here and closing relative posts about the horrible lag in the game when they havent fixed these bugs for months now?
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Still nothing on this issue. At least say something. Anything. ????
    Hello is there anybody in there!!!! (see what i did there ) ???
  • VizardVizard Posts: 71
    I’ve run an old iPhone for ages and don’t seem to have issues. But maybe it’s just something where my skills are so great I don’t notice it 🤔
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello all!

We just wanted to drop in and provide some context for everyone. The team understands your frustration and apologizes for the delay in replies to this thread about the issue. Thanks to everyone here who has provided relevant, constructive feedback and device information. It has been very helpful as the team works to improve the performance of The Contest.

One thing that it is important to understand is that lag and game performance of controls are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables.

This means that while these issues are correctly labeled here in the forum as “Under Investigation” by the team, it does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

The Game Team is continuing to look for ways to improve performance and the way we test on as many devices as possible. But as the game progresses there may be some devices that are no longer supported by the game and this could explain some performance issues players have seen with each new game update. This isn’t the only answer to everyone’s concerns, but it is certainly a piece of the puzzle to be taken into consideration.

For this thread, we have gathered as much relevant information as we can and will be closing it. Much of the information here is out of date, off topic or goes against the forum rules. We’re also seeing a lot of comments that are reporting unrelated bugs, confusing them for the same issue - this makes it hard for our team to properly investigate and resolve the issues you are all experiencing.

It’s really important for us to emphasize that we understand how frustrating bugs are to the positive experience you all want to have within The Contest. In re-organizing the Bugs & Known Issues sub-forum, our hope is that we can further improve how we are sharing information with you all as we work to resolve some of these issues.

Thank you for your understanding and make sure to use our new Bug Report template or post in the iOS and Android discussion threads for any issues you encounter in the future.
This discussion has been closed.