**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam should be able to put back (restore) champions if an account is hacked and damaged

If a Summoner's account is hacked, resources used and champs sold, Kabam should be able to restore everything.

This is my opinion and request/suggestion. They are more than capable of checking when donations were placed and champions sold (date and time for each action; there are logs for that). So, I must suggest that restoring things should be on their list of things to do.

There are certainly some steps to take prior to that: analyze the incident (the whole of the account's actions for that matter); fix the issue (breach). But this is a whole different subject. I prefer to stick to the point: if hacked, and proven/noticed, the account should be restored and that's it!

I made a poll for Summoners to leave their opinion. It's right here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/47636/what-should-kabam-do-if-your-account-got-hacked-maxed-out-full-signature-champs-were-sold#latest

Thanks for participating!

Comments

• Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    The hard part is determining that a 'hacker' got in and sold your heroes for shards and then maybe spun a crystal or two, vs a user doing that themselves, getting unlucky on the spins, and then claiming to be hacked. But, I'm guessing they probably log device token and ip address and may be able to tell if the person was the real user or not. Also, this is an expensive route for Kabam support, so not sure how much they will dedicate to this, as it's probably not a common occurrence.
  • Options
    Super4YogiSuper4Yogi Posts: 22
    Good to hear your comments, even the overconfident "you shared your login". Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    This is why I asked for a lock option that can be used as long as you provide your google account or apple account details in the settings so there really is no excuse when something like this happens.
  • Options
    Hey everyone -

Wanted to drop by and assure you that we take these matters seriously and do what we can to help those who have been hacked. It is important to note, however, that the full security of one's account is on the account holder to uphold the protection of their sign-in information. We state this within our Terms of Service.

The best practices to avoid having your account being possibly hacked is using an email you're privy to and a password that hasn't been used with another account with the same login. It's very unfortunate when someone's account has been hacked and though we do what we can to help, the bottom line is that the account holder is responsible for their account's login information.

If you have been hacked and need help with resecuring your account using a new email or password, please contact our Support Team.
  • Options
    @Kabam Vydious , first and foremost, thank you for commenting. I hope you don't take this thread down like someone did with my poll.

The integrity of my e-mail and other accounts has not been compromised. I was very thorough and explained to you exactly what happened. I pointed out the user that sent me the friend request in game. By the way, he's still out there playing normally.

The moment I took the friend request and replied to it, he managed to log me off my account. Second act, he donated a whole bunch of my resources and started selling my champs. I was quick to change my password.

What I expect is a more careful evaluation of the whole situation. Along with that, some transparency would come a long way. How is that done? Should the in-game messaging be taken down or turned off till fixed?

Fortunately it was only 2-star champions that were sold.

I've already started contact via Support, @Kabam Vydious ! So far, their responses were not minimally acceptable.

I've played this game for the past few years and would like to continue doing so, but in a safe environment.
  • Options
    I'd like to thank you for putting my resources back this morning, @Kabam Vydious !

You still owe me explanations on how someone managed to hack my account via in-game messaging.

And the last thing to sort out is the champions that were sold, along with the resources to max them out, including the signature stones (also maxed).
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    @Super4Yogi could be coincidence that someone hacked you at the same moment that you added someone to your friend list and these 2 events are not necesserly corelated, I would seek for other possible ways someone might have gained access to your account because that one seems unlikely
  • Options
    thank you, @DiablosUltimate ! too much of a coincidence, though. Years playing the game, non-stop, that one contact happens and I get screwed till I change password and block the contact? I'm very serious about my request to investigate the issue for a few reasons: not the first time (had one or two more people in our family of alliances report that); very confident that's what happened (judging by the flaws and open doors (scripted software that can apparently be used, sale of units by some random accounts etc).

Appreciate the comment, but I'd like them to take this as seriously as I do. Never had any account hacked. Everything else is intact, fortunately. That is why my honest opinion is: restore what I lost (since they have shown precise records of what happened, when); let me know if the hacking was confirmed or not; tell me if they have thoroughly checked the in-game breach suspicion; if detected, be open about it, suspend the in-game messaging till fixed.