**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are Dead Alliances in top 50 in Tier 1?

INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 957 ★★★
There are 3 alliances in top 50 with no players. Are those alliances still in Tier 1 (x8) classment? How many alliances are there in Tier 1?

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Interesting point you bring up.. If an alliance manages to acquire a huge WR then disband, that alliance would effectively never drop WR since they never lose.

There needs to be some kind of mechanism to drop the WR of alliances that don't play war at all.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Supposedly they lose points over time but to isn’t much points
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    well it doesn't matter in war seasons because they aren't accumulating any points now. it doesn't have any effect on the game at all anyways.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    .1% of 30000 is 30, not sure how many alliances there are but with 40k there would be 40 etc..
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    How about this. The alliances in the Tiers need to have at least enough players to do a single battlegroup for War... so if you don't at least have 10 players i the alliance the alliance drops out of the rankings completely.

This way two things happen. One; they stop taking up space and Two; it leaves it open so if the alliance is ever revived it would come back after it got over the player threshold again.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    It looks like these inactive alliances are retired but want to be recognized for the high war rating they achieved.
    Kabam should create a list of highest ratings achieved; archive it for high score/hall of fame, and remove them from taking up spot for the better score multiplier.

There is no reason to prevent the 51st to 55th rated allys from getting the 8x score when they will end up with the top 50 season rewards. This is just preventing more allainces from having a chance at top 3 rewards.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I want to point something SHADY out about these alliances that could SIGNIFICANTLY impact the war season. Let's say an alliance in t1 with similar war rating, with exceptionally deep pockets, wants a boost in POINTS and work out an arrangement with one of these alliances to search at the same moment as them place no attackers and then NOT attack. (Its really not farfetched) 150 defenders remaining at a 8x multiplier is 300K points, plus a perfect war, which as good as they are... I dont think they are getting perfect. I believe it would be a 1 time deal bc the war ratings would separate, but still, this is not out of the realm of possibilities.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    The way I understand it is:
    -AW season tiers is all about your points "the highest rated aw allience isn't even in the master tier as an example"
    -the aw rating tier is always moving up higher "used to be 2k rating was tier 1 ,now it might land you in tier 4"
    So naturally those alliences you mentioned will continue to drop in tier as everybody else progresses 😊
  • Hey Guys,

Thank you for bringing this up. I can see why this could be causing you some confusion and frustration, but I have talked to the team about this, and have some information to share with you all.

Inactive Alliances are not counted when determining Alliance War tiers. While they do still display there on the Leaderboards, they will not affect other Alliances and their chances in Alliance Wars seasons.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Thank you for bringing this up. I can see why this could be causing you some confusion and frustration, but I have talked to the team about this, and have some information to share with you all.

Inactive Alliances are not counted when determining Alliance War tiers. While they do still display there on the Leaderboards, they will not affect other Alliances and their chances in Alliance Wars seasons.

Then why cannot we still be in Tier 1 with rank 49? Top 50 alliances normally are in Tier 1 but not us

are you rank 49 in points? you don't have to be tier 1 to be rank 49 in points
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Tiers is based on points, not war rating. Jeez people.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Tier 1 is top .1% or something like that. It’s not an exact number
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Tier 1 is top .1% or something like that. It’s not an exact number

So, you're saying if we all create at least 5 alt accounts and run one war there it will increase the bracket size of tier 1 and subsequent tiers?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    battleone wrote: »
    I want to point something SHADY out about these alliances that could SIGNIFICANTLY impact the war season. Let's say an alliance in t1 with similar war rating, with exceptionally deep pockets, wants a boost in POINTS and work out an arrangement with one of these alliances to search at the same moment as them place no attackers and then NOT attack. (Its really not farfetched) 150 defenders remaining at a 8x multiplier is 300K points, plus a perfect war, which as good as they are... I dont think they are getting perfect. I believe it would be a 1 time deal bc the war ratings would separate, but still, this is not out of the realm of possibilities.

and so???? do the same ! simple to write than to act ;)

WOW LMAO!!!!!! I was going to point out one of the inactives top 50s is an old legion alliance, but didn't want to call anyone out. This dude from the active legion alliance that is very likely considering this exploit posts. THAT IS HILARIOUS.

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Tiers is based on points, not war rating. Jeez people.

what are you on about? bracket does not equal tier
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    I think the better question is their war rating taking a spot in the x8 multiplier that an active alliance should have obviously they aren't scoring points so they don't count towards the season but if teams 51-53 are active and 3 in the top 50 are inactive and due to this 51-53 are getting x7 multiplier on their points they are at an unfair disadvantage
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Simply let the war rating start to fall by a small amount everyday if you don't start war for 48+ hours while matchmaking is active. Once started, WR will contihe decay can only be stopped
    Hey Guys,

How do you determine an alliance is "inactive"?
  • GbSarkar wrote: »
    Simply let the war rating start to fall by a small amount everyday if you don't start war for 48+ hours while matchmaking is active. Once started, WR will contihe decay can only be stopped
    Hey Guys,

How do you determine an alliance is "inactive"?

u need 10 members to play AW so i think if you not have 10 members u are inactice...

and Tier1 is not a fix value it is the top 0,10% of all aliances that played wars

that means Tier3 is starting at ~Place 490(1%) and overall 49.000 Alliances play AW
  • INTEGRAL wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    well it doesn't matter in war seasons because they aren't accumulating any points now. it doesn't have any effect on the game at all anyways.

It effects the most. Tier 1 alliances have x8 multiplier. Tier 2 has x7.

Every war Tier 1 alliances got 200k more points than Tier 2 with a win. Even with loss Tier 1 alliances get almost same score with Tier 2 alliance win.

That's not really likely unless the tier 2 wins with a horrible completion percentage relative to the tier 1 loss. A win earns a 50k bonus. If the typical win at those tiers gets at least 150k if not much more points then a tier 2 win earns at least 1.4 million points. It is virtually impossible for a tier 1 loss to earn that many points: you'd have to somehow get 175k points in the war and still lose. Once the tier 2 allliance reaches about 160k points it is mathematically impossible for a tier 1 alliance loss to exceed their winning score.

To put it another way, a tier 1 losing alliance has to outscore a tier 2 winning alliance by almost 44,000 points (not counting the victory bonus) to outscore them, which is extremely unlikely. More likely a winning tier 2 is going to outscore a losing tier 1 by approximately 200k points in net seasonal points including the victory bonus.

The worst tier multiplier drop that exists in the alliance war seasons rules is the drop from tier 3 to tier 4. That drops multiplier from 6.0 to 4.5, a relative proportional drop of 33%. Every tier drop from tier 7 downward is only a single digit proportional drop except for the drop from tier 9 to tier 10 (16.7% drop). The drop from tier 1 to tier 2 is 14% and from tier 2 to tier 3 it is about 16.7%. The only tier gap where a losing alliance of higher tier can equal or exceed the points of a winning alliance of one lower tier is tier 3 and tier 4 (from expert to challenger, basically). If both alliances score 150 points, then a losing tier 3 gets the same amount of points as a winning tier 4 (900k) which is within the realm of reasonable possibility.

It is not necessarily likely, but it is close enough that it can happen with observable frequency.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Ok ok I went to war and and looked at the season leaderboard to see if this is correct. If any of u guys did the same instead of coming here and crying u would see that every one of the alliances in those ranking aren’t sitting there with a zero score. Jeez come on and actually do some investigating before u come here and cry wolf. I mean they even had a week for everyone to play to see where to put everyone. If these empty alliances didn’t play war that week then they wouldn’t have been placed. Use some common sense