**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

17.1 is coming and...

Bug Fixes:
• Fixed an issue where receiving Help from your Alliance Mates could cause slowdowns in gameplay THANK YOU
• Fixed an issue where M.O.D.O.K. was able to trigger Parry when auto-blocking THANK YOU
• Fixed an issue where Scarlet Witch’s Power Steal would also steal power from herself THANK YOU

It will be interesting to test Scarlet Witch after this. I always assumed that it was a working as intended as her powers were so chaotic. But this could end up being pretty awesome.

Comments

• Keep in mind that Scarlet Witch also has a Power Drain. This will still drain all of the power from Herself AND her opponent.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Keep in mind that Scarlet Witch also has a Power Drain. This will still drain all of the power from Herself AND her opponent.

Oh ok. So that will not change :p
    Will be interesting to see both in action now anyway, as they were behaving alike before.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    If that fixes the lag from help requests that would be huge...amazing...fantastic.. stupendous..thank you. I was about to abandon asking for help completely
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Scarlet Witch’s Power Steal would also steal power from herself <-- it is a BUG, will get fixed in v17.1
    Scarlet Witch’s Power Drain would also Drain power from herself <-- so is this NOT A BUG, hence no plan to fix since it is a FEATURE rather???
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Scarlet Witch’s Power Steal would also steal power from herself <-- it is a BUG, will get fixed in v17.1
    Scarlet Witch’s Power Drain would also Drain power from herself <-- so is this NOT A BUG, hence no plan to fix since it is a FEATURE rather???

Yes, it is a feature.
  • shchong2 wrote: »

Correct. Not even Scarlet Witch has true control over her Chaos Magic.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Power Steal should be fixed and will be so good.

Power Drain is fine as is anyway. It only works when she's getting hit. I like that it resets both champs to 0 power. Makes it harder to actually fight her honestly even tho she's not that hard.
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Power Steal should be fixed and will be so good.

Power Drain is fine as is anyway. It only works when she's getting hit. I like that it resets both champs to 0 power. Makes it harder to actually fight her honestly even tho she's not that hard.

Her Poison is hard. (I know Blade is good against that, but still).
  • shchong2 wrote: »

I don't see what about this is especially unusual. The intent of power steal was to take power from the opponent. The intent of power drain was to drain everyone's power on both sides. There's no specific reason why both effects should be identical in net effect.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I don't see what about this is especially unusual. The intent of power steal was to take power from the opponent. The intent of power drain was to drain everyone's power on both sides. There's no specific reason why both effects should be identical in net effect.

But it only behaves like that on Scarlet Witch, that is why it seems weird. Winter Soldier Power Drains without losing power. To name one. So I remember it was because of the chaos magic, but since she is being mostly overlooked these days, I can understand people getting confused about it.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Well because the definition of steal is gain by stealing, not both lose, when someone steals they gain, that’s common sense, and was how she used to work, one of the updates bugged her
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    How about you fix the Ai's recovery timing that you've been working on for oh so long @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

But it only behaves like that on Scarlet Witch, that is why it seems weird. Winter Soldier Power Drains without losing power. To name one. So I remember it was because of the chaos magic, but since she is being mostly overlooked these days, I can understand people getting confused about it.

I can understand thinking the intent was different than the description they used, but not being incredulous about the devs actually intending the two abilities to act differently regardless of what they are called.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★

Correct. Not even Scarlet Witch has true control over her Chaos Magic.

True statment