**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Being Reported

13»

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    HAVOC wrote: »
    Whoops, misunderstood, my apologies.

No problem. I'm talking about Trump and Draco. They flagged me for "ranting". I told them I wasn't ranting, and said they should stop flagging me, so then they flagged me for "calling them out". Yeah. I don't understand it, either.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Haha, I got reported again. You guys are so immature.

Yes. People are abusing the function. It's become a way to troll others. Just let them do it. The staff can see who is abusing it.

But do they really? I mean, yeah, they can, but do they? They can't check every abuse report, especially when people are abusing it. Plus, you aren't really one to call others out for abusing the abuse button.

When people make personal attacks or comments about others, that's abusive. We're here to discuss the game. Not our opinions on others, and not their participation. Everyone has the right to be here and comment. When people make statements like, "They're a troll, they derail Threads, they're shills, they suck up to Kabam, they comment on every Post..." etc., that is abusive. It leads to other people ganging up and chiming in. That kind of behavior is inappropriate. We are not here to hate on others, regardless of how many Threads they comment on, or whether people like them or not. We're here to discuss the game. When the conversation turns personal and people make it about hating on someone, that's abusive. We come to talk about game issues and ideas. Not to slander other people. Not directing that to you. Just a general statement. When things turn personal, it gets abusive.
  • InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38

Yes. People are abusing the function. It's become a way to troll others. Just let them do it. The staff can see who is abusing it.

But do they really? I mean, yeah, they can, but do they? They can't check every abuse report, especially when people are abusing it. Plus, you aren't really one to call others out for abusing the abuse button.

When people make personal attacks or comments about others, that's abusive. We're here to discuss the game. Not our opinions on others, and not their participation. Everyone has the right to be here and comment. When people make statements like, "They're a troll, they derail Threads, they're shills, they suck up to Kabam, they comment on every Post..." etc., that is abusive. It leads to other people ganging up and chiming in. That kind of behavior is inappropriate. We are not here to hate on others, regardless of how many Threads they comment on, or whether people like them or not. We're here to discuss the game. When the conversation turns personal and people make it about hating on someone, that's abusive. We come to talk about game issues and ideas. Not to slander other people.

Yes I agree, we are here to discuss the game. Disagreement and tempers will flare and that is normal especially cause we all love this game, but personal attacks should to be kept in check. It's okay to disagree with people and I can see how people get annoyed by some of the posters here, but simply ignoring the user or sharing a reaction can be the better choice. Also, this forum desperately needs an ignore feature lol.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Mods, please sticky this thread so that the usual suspects can get all of there troll on right here in this thread. Helps keep the drama away from all the other threads. Thanks in advance!
    edited May 2017
    Mods, please sticky this thread so that the usual suspects can get all of there troll on right here in this thread. Helps keep the drama away from all the other threads. Thanks in advance!

Comments like this are what is abusive. Calling people Trolls and hating on others. You don't like someone, that's fine. You don't have the right to label them, hate on them, and stop them from participating in the Forum. That itself is trolling.
    A troll is someone who makes comments for the purpose of provoking negative responses. People who participate in the Forum in a positive way do not fit that criteria.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,733 ★★★★★
    Any way I can disable notification of new post on this thread?

Will be very helpful.
    winterthur wrote: »
    Any way I can disable notification of new post on this thread?

Will be very helpful.

Under the Full Site. Preferences.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,733 ★★★★★
    Only for this thread and not others.
    winterthur wrote: »
    Only for this thread and not others.

Don't think so. It's just a General Tab.

Also, to answer your question, yes they do. They are seeing who is abusing it. For the time being, it's public to help avoid abusing it. However, it seems to be exacerbating the problem as well. Magnifying it makes it easy to discern who is abusing it, but it also invites those people to abuse it. Make no mistake, they're watching who is abusing it and who isn't.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/279/remove-abuse-and-spam-from-viewable-account-metrics#latest

Also, to answer your question, yes they do. They are seeing who is abusing it. For the time being, it's public to help avoid abusing it. However, it seems to be exacerbating the problem as well. Magnifying it makes it easy to discern who is abusing it, but it also invites those people to abuse it. Make no mistake, they're watching who is abusing it and who isn't.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/279/remove-abuse-and-spam-from-viewable-account-metrics#latest

They can't watch every comment is my point. They can try, but it isn't feasible. That's why people like you and I have so many abuse tallies on our accounts still. They can't get to all of them and realize that they shouldn't be there.
    edited May 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    I'm not calling you out! I asked a question and you flagged me! You're just flagging for no reason! I'm asking you to explain yourself, and you're just continuing to flag me! Either explain why you're doing it or undo it! Don't just keep going with no justification!

You keep trying to call people out and ranting, this behavior is against forum rules so quit it already. You made a rant thread lol.

I am not ranting. I stated a problem that needs fixed, and suggested how to do so. If that's a rant, then all of the threads in the Suggestions and Requests area are rants. Also, I called no one out until you flagged me. At that point, I told you to stop flagging me. If you're going to assault my account, then I will defend myself. By reporting me without reason, you assault me. And no, you didn't report me because this is a rant thread, because it's not. I stated a problem, gave a solution, then got flagged. Just stop and we can move on. And don't report this comment, please. I'm not calling your out here. I'm asking you to stop reporting me.
    And now I've been reported again. What did I do this time? I didn't rant or call you out, so now what?
  • McBrumMcBrum Posts: 8
    This is hilarious. CrusherofDreams stop responding to Draco. If you feel you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about. As others have said, the points system doesn't mean much. At the very least wait until you hear what the mods have to say. It's also always a bad idea imo to post on the forums on a Sunday if you want a Mod response.
    McBrum wrote: »
    This is hilarious. CrusherofDreams stop responding to Draco. If you feel you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about. As others have said, the points system doesn't mean much. At the very least wait until you hear what the mods have to say. It's also always a bad idea imo to post on the forums on a Sunday if you want a Mod response.

I guess that's true. They take the day off most times. I didn't realize that. Thanks.
    Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong though? Because I don't.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

Rule #14.
    Calling out other players or Alliances is not allowed. This includes accusations of cheating or poor behaviour. If you are having problems with another player or suspect someone of cheating, please report this to customer service or a moderator privately.

This should be easy to do and easy to prove "poor behavior".

You can go to every post of yours in this thread alone and count the number of times you were flagged and then group them by user. If there is anything out of the ordinary, you can then inform the mods of your discovery.

If the user(s) also posted, you might want to link their behavior to any comments they had made as well as their use of the "flag" in other threads. Perhaps you can make an argument that rule #1 was also broken if they are following you from one thread to the next and/or making accusations about you:
    ... Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages...

Rule #17.
    Do not accuse fellow players of being 'Kabam Employees' or shills.

This is easy to prove. Just look for posts that includes the word "Kabam Advocates" and other similar wording and find any link to the use of the report function with those terms. The reason that a link is needed is that it is common practice to use "code words" to replace the actual terms in order to circumvent the rules.

Then report the user(s).

You might want to highlight any user that shows up for both 14 and 17 as being exceptional.

Finally, this thread is 8 days old. No actions were taken in response to the use of the report functions, which suggests that people are just wasting their 2 seconds of time flagging you if their goal is to revoke your posting privileges. If that was their goal, then they had failed. If their goal is to annoy you, then obviously they had succeeded.

They can't watch every comment is my point. They can try, but it isn't feasible. That's why people like you and I have so many abuse tallies on our accounts still. They can't get to all of them and realize that they shouldn't be there.

No but they can be made aware of when people are being targeted. They can see though their comments who is repeatedly abusing them.
    Thy can also see for themselves when it's the same people Flagging everything. It's not hard to tell. All the metrics are there. No one is that discrete about it. It's their job to see what goes on. They know people are abusing it.
  • XMEN1994XMEN1994 Posts: 51
    There is someone on this forum who has a hard on for me. I have told the mods of how you keep abusing the flag button. Keep this up and you will be sorry.
  • InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    XMEN1994 wrote: »
    There is someone on this forum who has a hard on for me. I have told the mods of how you keep abusing the flag button. Keep this up and you will be sorry.

I have had the same experience and informed the mods. Hope something can be done about this.
    The point is it's still harassment. When people are using the Flags to target others and Flag everything they say, it's abusing it. As for what can be done, I can't speak for that, but I'm sure they have options.
    The worst part is you can't even fight back. If you say something, whether through a PM or public comment, they just flag you again for "threatening" or "harassing" them. You don't want to flag them, otherwise they've successfully brought you down to their level of petty abuse. I have no clue how to stop Draco. Now I'm gonna get flagged for using his name, but I'm gonna finish my statement. I can't have a discussion with him without being flagged. If I ask him a question, I have "called him out". If I tell him to grow up, I've "harassed" him. If ignore him, the stats just sit there negating my points, and mods can't see what has happened. Does anyone know what I can do to combat this?

Rule #14.
    Calling out other players or Alliances is not allowed. This includes accusations of cheating or poor behaviour. If you are having problems with another player or suspect someone of cheating, please report this to customer service or a moderator privately.

This should be easy to do and easy to prove "poor behavior".

You can go to every post of yours in this thread alone and count the number of times you were flagged and then group them by user. If there is anything out of the ordinary, you can then inform the mods of your discovery.

If the user(s) also posted, you might want to link their behavior to any comments they had made as well as their use of the "flag" in other threads. Perhaps you can make an argument that rule #1 was also broken if they are following you from one thread to the next and/or making accusations about you:
    ... Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated in either the forums, or private messages...

Rule #17.
    Do not accuse fellow players of being 'Kabam Employees' or shills.

This is easy to prove. Just look for posts that includes the word "Kabam Advocates" and other similar wording and find any link to the use of the report function with those terms. The reason that a link is needed is that it is common practice to use "code words" to replace the actual terms in order to circumvent the rules.

Then report the user(s).

You might want to highlight any user that shows up for both 14 and 17 as being exceptional.

Finally, this thread is 8 days old. No actions were taken in response to the use of the report functions, which suggests that people are just wasting their 2 seconds of time flagging you if their goal is to revoke your posting privileges. If that was their goal, then they had failed. If their goal is to annoy you, then obviously they had succeeded.

Yes, it does annoy me when people negate my statistics just because they can. I have done nothing wrong. I stated a problem, and was suggesting a solution. I was reported for that. I asked why, and was reported again. Flags continued, so I called the guy out and told him to stop, but was reported again. I called him out only to defend my profile because he was attacking it. I have initiated nothing, yet am being attacked. I haven't broken any of these rules. If anyone is "harassing" or "accusing of poor behaviour", it is the few who continue to flag me. They need to stop, and I am allowed to defend myself if they don't.
    By the way, Draco, I haven't been calling you out in many of the comments. For example, I asked what rule I was breaking and you reported me. That wasn't calling you out, so why did you report it? Also, I explained that I wasn't ranting and got reported. That wasn't calling you out either. So why are you really reporting me? I have called you out very few times, and even then it was just to defend my account. I'm not accusing you of "poor behavior" or anything, so you can't report this comment. I'm not calling you out either, just asking a question. Am I allowed to ask you questions without "breaking the rules"? If I'm not allowed to ask you a question without breaking rules, please direct me to the rule that prohibits questions. I'd love to see it. I'd forfeit the conversation right now if you showed me that rule. So please do show me that rule. Now's your chance. Prove me wrong right here and right now. Make me look stupid. Heck, I'll publicly call myself stupid and leave if you can name a single rule prohibiting questions. Go ahead. Knock yourself out.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Yes, it does annoy me when people negate my statistics just because they can. I have done nothing wrong. I stated a problem, and was suggesting a solution. I was reported for that. I asked why, and was reported again. Flags continued, so I called the guy out and told him to stop, but was reported again. I called him out only to defend my profile because he was attacking it. I have initiated nothing, yet am being attacked. I haven't broken any of these rules. If anyone is "harassing" or "accusing of poor behaviour", it is the few who continue to flag me. They need to stop, and I am allowed to defend myself if they don't.

Thinking about it in terms of what you believe you are allowed to do is not the most self-beneficial way to think about it. Keep in mind that other players are allowed to flag you.

The truth is there's no way to defend against flagging, warranted or otherwise. "Defense" is not the right way to look at it. If someone wants to flag you there's not much you can do about it. However, if someone flags you repeatedly with no obvious reason, that's potentially a reportable offense. But it must be crystal clear you've given them no reason to flag. Arguing with them back and forth would be a motive to flag you. So don't.

Ultimately, the best defense against flagging is to try contribute positively to the forums and not to engage in arguments that have no useful purpose. Give people a reason to flag you positively, give them less reason to flag you negatively, and report the people that do so in a clearly abusive manner to the mods.

You have every right to argue with another poster about any topic you want, within the forum rules. The question worth asking is whether it is a good idea to do so.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Thinking about it in terms of what you believe you are allowed to do is not the most self-beneficial way to think about it. Keep in mind that other players are allowed to flag you.

The truth is there's no way to defend against flagging, warranted or otherwise. "Defense" is not the right way to look at it. If someone wants to flag you there's not much you can do about it. However, if someone flags you repeatedly with no obvious reason, that's potentially a reportable offense. But it must be crystal clear you've given them no reason to flag. Arguing with them back and forth would be a motive to flag you. So don't.

Ultimately, the best defense against flagging is to try contribute positively to the forums and not to engage in arguments that have no useful purpose. Give people a reason to flag you positively, give them less reason to flag you negatively, and report the people that do so in a clearly abusive manner to the mods.

You have every right to argue with another poster about any topic you want, within the forum rules. The question worth asking is whether it is a good idea to do so.

I completely understand that, but what happens is that they flag me for no reason, and I ask why. Then I get flagged again. When I tell them to stop, I do it in defense of my profile. They are negating my statistics for no good reason, and I have the right to defend myself. I try not to engage in rude arguments, but if someone slaps me in the face repeatedly, I'm gonna fire back.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    [....] Does anyone know what I can do to combat this?

Nothing. There is nothing you can do about it.

This is because there is no punishment of any kind to prevent such behavior. Remember, this thread is 8 days old already. So from their point of view, their use of the flag option is allowable.
    [....] Does anyone know what I can do to combat this?

Nothing. There is nothing you can do about it.

This is because there is no punishment of any kind to prevent such behavior. Remember, this thread is 8 days old already. So from their point of view, their use of the flag option is allowable.

Well, ****. Just so I don't get flagged for this, I'll restate my solution:
    The flag button should not negate points from our profile until mods review it and determine if you did something wrong. If you didn't do anything wrong, the charge should be removed. If you did do something wrong, you should receive an infraction. The flag button is basically an infraction that you receive from fellow users, but if you allow users to give out infractions​ that actually have an effect, people abuse that power. The evidence is everywhere, especially in this thread. We should be innocent until proven guilty. Just because someone in these forums accuses you of something, you are penalized. If someone could just accuse someone of murder in the real world, and it would send that person to jail, there would be severe problems. Innocent people would be punished for no good reason. That is what is happening on the forums, and my solution would fix it. And no, that wasn't a rant, it was a suggestion, Draco.
  • Hey all,

This thread has gone above and beyond what we allow. There has been way too much calling out of other players and being absolutely disrespectful to each other. For this reason, I am going to close it down now.

In the future, please remember that discussion and debates are OK! Arguing and personal attacks, however, are against our forum rules and will not be tolerated.

If you need to review the rules, they are here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting#latest

Please go over them again if need be!
This discussion has been closed.