**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Missing Chaos Calendar [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    There's no update in the iTunes store on either of my devices. This happens all the time and I would imagine it happens to many others. People shouldn't be penalized for not downloading an update that isn't available to us.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    There's no update in the iTunes store on either of my devices. This happens all the time and I would imagine it happens to many others. People shouldn't be penalized for not downloading an update that isn't available to us.

We're talking about an update from a little over 4 weeks ago.

You're right though, it wasn't available to all of us and we're being penalized for that right now.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike this is easily solved with everyone getting the 1000 beginner shards that @Kabam Zibiit promised a month ago.

It won't fix everything, because Vydious's initial response was utterly callous, but it at least gets the complainers to stop.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »

We're talking about an update from a little over 4 weeks ago.

You're right though, it wasn't available to all of us and we're being penalized for that right now.

I understand; was just trying to point out that there are always issues with their update not showing up in the iTunes Store. I always have to delete the game and reinstall when Others tell me the update is out.

• Options
    Hopefully y'all can hear me through the bars. I guess I appreciate that Kabam reopened the thread. It has been almost 24 hours since it closed. Has anyone from Kabam addressed the situation since it was reopened? I haven't seen anything yet, but I could've missed it. Even something like "we're speaking with the developers about the issue" or "we are reevaluating our previous stance" would be nice to receive at this juncture. Heck, even a "please give us 2 days to sort this out" would be enough to get me to not ask (for 2 days).
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Any answer Kabam
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    No update in the app store yet. I didn't even know there was a new calendar before seeing this post.
  • Options
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    No update in the app store yet. I didn't even know there was a new calendar before seeing this post.

There's not, this is a month old issue that they choose to ignore, instead of resolve.
  • Options
    LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    That post from Kabam Zibiit was originally on March 28th. So if you did what he said and your first days rewards were on the 28th, then you would received the last of the 10k shards on Tuesday, April 24th. Which would have been yesterday’s rewards for those who updated and started their shard calendar on March 28th.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just pathetic Kabam.
  • Options
    Steve_sSteve_s Posts: 2
    Come on Kabam. That's so pathetic. Just give everyone a blanket 1k tier1 shards... not our fault, we didn't get the update. I wasn't that pissed before. Might have just let it go but Kabam's response just retriggered my disgust and now I'm pissed again.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Laylic wrote: »
    That post from Kabam Zibiit was originally on March 28th. So if you did what he said and your first days rewards were on the 28th, then you would received the last of the 10k shards on Tuesday, April 24th. Which would have been yesterday’s rewards for those who updated and started their shard calendar on March 28th.

Many people didn't read the post to update ASAP so had no chance to.

So couldn't "follow" what he said in the forums, on that specific post. So they didn't receive a chaos calendar at all.

Why is it their fault they couldn't update right away?

They just did their dailies and arena runs.
  • Options
    demeddemed Posts: 81
    How come this thread was reopened? Is there a chance for Kabam to rectify their mistake?
  • Options
    It's not about "following" what we were told. No one was ever told that an immediate update was required to receive rewards. In fact, we were told the opposite - a late update would get all the rewards, just a day later.
  • Options
    Ou_YeahOu_Yeah Posts: 45
    No response yet!
  • Options
    Ad13Ad13 Posts: 2
    An extra awesome part of this is the form email I got in reply to my contacting support saying lots of people had contacted them about this and that as soon as they have an update I would be among the first to know.

If I hadn't checked here I would have had no idea the plan was just to say that it was our fault and shrug their shoulders. This really is some poverty customer service you got going here.
  • Options
    If we're doing the update that just came out, does that mean all hope for a rift is gone? I'm scared to do the update due to this, but also afraid I'll miss out on something else if I don't.
  • Options
    @Gwendoline Rifts are here another week.
  • Options
    Update - just got an email from Kabam Support telling me to go f*** myself and I should've updated sooner. No one has ever addressed the fact that @Kabam Zibiit said publicly we didn't need to do that, and now they're saying we did (despite no advance warning)
  • Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Ad13 wrote: »
    An extra awesome part of this is the form email I got in reply to my contacting support saying lots of people had contacted them about this and that as soon as they have an update I would be among the first to know.

If I hadn't checked here I would have had no idea the plan was just to say that it was our fault and shrug their shoulders. This really is some poverty customer service you got going here.

I got that e-mail, too. And then just a few minutes ago I got another e-mail that says, in short I'm paraphrasing: go F yourself.

here's the exact text:
    "With the release of Version 17.2 of The Contest, we launched the first of 4 week-long Chaos Calendars. The first one started on launch day for Version 17.2, which was on March 26th, 2018, around 11:00 AM PST. At that time, the first day of the 7-day Chaos Calendar started, with the second day starting at the usual Calendar reset time of 5:00 PM PST (12:00 AM GMT). To claim all of the Chaos Shards available from each of the 7-day Calendars, you would have needed to install and access the game during that period before 5:00 PM PST, and not missed logging in any day during the 28 days covering these Calendars.

We apologize for any concerns that were raised about how this Calendar works, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you have a great rest of your day, and we’ll see you in the Infinity Nightmare!"

Wow.
  • Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    I haven't missed a daily log in since December 2016
  • Options
    Hey, everyone -

I have some good news that I can update everyone with in regards to this situation. For starters, I apologize for the long delay in a comment from one of us but thank you all for your continuous feedback. We were able to discuss it further with the rest of the team, and we're happy to report that they will be sending out 1000 T1 Chaos Shards to everyone in the game to help with this situation. Currently, we are in the process of requesting translations for in-game messages, but once we receive those y'all should be seeing shards by end of day Friday.
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 223
    Thank you. I will continuing playing for now, without this, 3.5yrs of me playing this game was gone.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @Kabam Vydious thank you for doing the right thing. It's disappointing that it took this course - closing threads, forum jail, the contradictions between Kabam staff - but it's nice to at least have something to show for it, I guess.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Thank you Kabam mods/support!!
  • Options
    Buckylives2_0Buckylives2_0 Posts: 32
    Thank you Kabam and thx to the mod support
  • Options
    So they acknowledge that not everyone had the opportunity to get all the shards and their response is too bad so sad. That is disgraceful.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Uh.....guys. They literally just commented that everyone will get an extra 1000 Shards. Lol.