**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How long is the break after this season of AW

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Just trying to get an idea of how long alliances will have to switch some personnel around. I know a lot of people are going to be taking a break after this war season. A few day ones in my alliance are tired of this gold drought and are losing motivation sadly.

Comments

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I think they said there will be a "short hiatus", which could literally mean anything. It's very subjective. I doubt anyone other than Kabam can give you a definite answer. So we would have to wait and hope a mod replies and knows
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    I'm more curious as to how long its going to take for season rewards to hit.
  • I hope it’s long. The amount of piloting and cheating that’s not being addressed is crazy. They need to resolve it
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Piloting will never be addressed unless they automate bans on account sharing, which is nigh impossible to do with any confidence.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    It can’t be too long. If it’s more than a couple weeks I’ll be annoyed. That’s a couple thousand 5 stars shards gone I would have otherwise had.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    It can’t be too long. If it’s more than a couple weeks I’ll be annoyed. That’s a couple thousand 5 stars shards gone I would have otherwise had.

War won't stop so we'll be able to match make an win wars. They will just give a specific date on when the next season starts. No one is going to be missing out on shards
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

War won't stop so we'll be able to match make an win wars. They will just give a specific date on when the next season starts. No one is going to be missing out on shards

Source?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Source?

Seconded. I haven't read anything about continuing war. It would allow for shifting of war ratings between seasons (which would be odd given the emphasis they have now put on the seasons themselves).
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I also think wars will continue as always but not as part of a season. I don’t remember them stopping wars without a very valid reason. War rating can be adjusted, but allies that drop down will not get as high of a win bonus and will put a cap on their maximum rewards by doing that.
    My feeling from what they said is there's going to be a break. It's been done before - my guess is a week or two.
    Seasons is the new normal, to continue wars without seasons doesn't make any sense.

Very likely part of the reason why rifts were brought back were to appease the masses who would be crying out on missing shards for a week or two. Also, and this is a pure shot in the dark guess, but I would think there's going to be an absolute ass-load of content to play through this next month or so with Infinity War coming out. Think Civil War event but on steroids.

If that's the case then I definitely look forward to a break from war.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    No source but seems very reasonable an logical. Just like before season began war was still playable it's just they said from this date season begin. Why on earth would they stop war all together.

War ratings didn't get reset before season an we were still able to play them an increase of decrease our war ratings before the official day season kicked off
  • Hey everybody,

I'll get an official announcement on the end of Season 1 and when Season 2 starts up later today, but I can confirm that Alliance Wars will not be suspended during this time. You'll still be able to move up and down in tiers, and have your war rating increase and decrease.
    Alrighty then. Guess I was wrong!