**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    Also, did they confirm it's LOL Ultron in there or is that a typo?

It's AOU Ultron, not the rarer one.

Gotcha, thanks.
  • Wsm10 wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    Do you have to be in an alliance to play this feature? I have been out of an alliance for 2 months now, & do not plan on rejoining one any time soon...

Not at all! That's kinda the whole Idea behind Dungeons: you don't need to commit to a full 30-person group to play a co-operative mode.

From what I read, this feature won't be implemented for weeks? Reading what the official announcement said, if you are like me and don't use people I know in-game, this won't be available any time soon? Just looking for verification. To be honest, I don't know many people in-game, and I would honestly like to keep it that way, so would like a little clarification on that. Thanks.

Our goal is to enable matchmaking within the first week, but this may change. Our first priority is ensuring the mode is stable and functioning as we intend before introducing matchmaking.
  • GladiatorMatt26GladiatorMatt26 Posts: 55
    Where is Ice-Man? I don't see him as winnable in the 5* crystal...

That’s because he’s not in the crystal.

That's the question, why is he not?

Because kabam chose for him not to be in the crystal. There are almost every other god tier in the crystals, kabam could have chose to just put one in each

Most of which I have... but okay thanks Kabam Mike...
  • bdawg923 wrote: »
    Also, did they confirm it's LOL Ultron in there or is that a typo?

Ultron (Prime) is the version from the Age of Ultron film and HE is the one in the Crystal. LOL Ultron is not in these crystals...
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Any info on the prestige brackets yet?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Where is Ice-Man? I don't see him as winnable in the 5* crystal...

That’s because he’s not in the crystal.

That's the question, why is he not?

Because kabam chose for him not to be in the crystal. There are almost every other god tier in the crystals, kabam could have chose to just put one in each

Most of which I have... but okay thanks Kabam Mike...

Well I’m sure they picked those champions specifically so you would have most of them
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    the final boss has degeneration and the attacker regenerate if both mini are down.
    it means that only one of us, me or my friend, can use this fight to heal.
    is it correct or am i missing something?

That's correct. You'll need to chat with them to determine who ought to take the Boss. There are 2 phrases in Quick Chat to help with this:

- You take the Boss
    - I'll take the Boss

What happens if player A dies can Player B finish the fight

Yes, they could continue on, but it will be much more difficult without your partner. :)
    KI2_ wrote: »
    Also is there an end or can I press next room forever?

Theoretically, you could press on forever. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how many rooms folks are able to beat. :)
    Tjk602 wrote: »
    When we do each room with our partner, is there a timer when it has to be completed by? Reason I ask is because do we both have to be online at same time to complete within a certain time frame?

Yes, the idea is that you can play through the mode together at the same time. There is a time limit for each room.
    Once I receive an invitation, how do I check which champs my partner is bringing to the dungeon before accepting invite? Because if I have my r4 or r5 champs ready, I would like my partner to bring similar quality to the table so we can go as far as we can. I'd not like a scenario where I bring all r4 and r5 champs and the other dude comes up with 4* r5s because his main champs are in cool down period.

Also how do I check skill level of my partner? Any way to check his previous dungeon history and how many times died etc.?

If you want to have the most control over planning and strategy it will be best to play with a friend or Alliance-mate. That way you can accept the invitation to the dungeon and then discuss with them which Champions you'll both be bringing. Then once you select your Champions, you'll lock them in and enter the dungeon.

If you use the matchmaking system to find a random teammate, you will need to select your champions before entering the matchmaking queue. The system will then place you with someone of a similar power level who wants to play the same difficulty.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    @kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike

What about these milestones? Can we get a sneak peak of them? See how high they go etc and what’s in them?
    SKK65 wrote: »
    Biggest questions:
    1. What power level is needed to see 5*s(I have 127K rating in case that is enough)?
    2. Is Ghost Rider going to be in one of those Crystals?
    3. Is there going to be more modes like Infinity Dungeon in the future?
    4. Is there a limit to the power level a person can team up with(a 2* account teams up with an account that has a team of 6*s)?

1. You'll need to wait until the event is live to see which level of crystal you'll be eligible to earn.
    2. The announcement thread includes a full list of Champions available. (Spoiler, Ghost Rider is one of them, yay!) :)
    3. We'd love to hear from players if they enjoy the mode so we can know if you'd like to see it again!
    4. There's no limit for the power level of friends or Alliance-mates you can group with for dungeons. The dungeon difficulty level you can explore, however, will be determined by the weaker team in the pair. I think this is really cool because even if you are of a very high level, you can group up with your friends who are newer to the game and have some fun with your lower star Champions.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Biggest questions:
    1. What power level is needed to see 5*s(I have 127K rating in case that is enough)?
    4. Is there a limit to the power level a person can team up with(a 2* account teams up with an account that has a team of 6*s)?

1. You'll need to wait until the event is live to see which level of crystal you'll be eligible to earn.
    2. The announcement thread includes a full list of Champions available. (Spoiler, Ghost Rider is one of them, yay!) :)
    3. We'd love to hear from players if they enjoy the mode so we can know if you'd like to see it again!
    4. There's no limit for the power level of friends or Alliance-mates you can group with for dungeons. The dungeon difficulty level you can explore, however, will be determined by the weaker team in the pair. I think this is really cool because even if you are of a very high level, you can group up with your friends who are newer to the game and have some fun with your lower star Champions.

@Kabam Miike said he was gonna get the prestige numbers though? So why do we have to it is live?

Also is there any news on the milestones.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    What happens if the game goes down during a duo running a dungeon? Do the two get the full rewards for the prior cash out? Do they get the partial rewards?

Is there any information about this?
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Biggest questions:

@Kabam Miike said he was gonna get the prestige numbers though? So why do we have to it is live?

He said that he will work to get the milestone information for you, not the prestige. Sorry for the confusion! And we're still working on it so please be patient. Thanks!
  • Ch1efster wrote: »

He said that he will work to get the milestone information for you, not the prestige. Sorry for the confusion! And we're still working on it so please be patient. Thanks!

It is based on your Prestige. We don't want brand new summoners getting carried to 5-Star Champions way before they're ready for that level of progression!

I’d like to know the cutoffs as well. I’m waiting to rank up a champ right now, but if bringing my prestige up to 6k from 5.8k would make a difference then it would be nice to know

I'm gonna work on getting this information and some Milestone info for you guys. Sorry, I let that slip in the initial announcement because I focussed on explaining the mode.

I don't know. Sounded to me like he was going to get Prestige brackets AND Milestones. At least tell everyone WHY you can't or won't give us this info. Bad enough something is based off a number the game doesn't even give us.

Not exact prestige information, because that isn't visible in game, which is what is making this difficult. I'm looking for relative Top Teams, etc. I'm also still working on getting the Milestones Information.

Sorry for the delay guys. I'm still hoping I can do it for today, but it's looking like it might not be until tomorrow.
    Every time we get answers that can't be easily explained, I get the feeling the 5* crystals are only going to be seen by the very top players and not us normal folk that are still strong enough finish uncollected events, but lack the resources/roster to be ranked higher.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Ch1efster wrote: »
    Every time we get answers that can't be easily explained, I get the feeling the 5* crystals are only going to be seen by the very top players and not us normal folk that are still strong enough finish uncollected events, but lack the resources/roster to be ranked higher.

Hope I'm wrong.

I am honestly not worried about that at all -- it's just Basics, nothing from, what, the last 6-8 months or so of the game?

No Vulture/Doc Ock/Taskmaster/Modok, stuff like that.

While I could be wrong -- and I know someone is always going to be just above and just below the cutoff, and I could very well be one of those below a cutoff -- the quality of the roster is just not enough for anyone to say "let's make it so only a tiny percentage get these."

Looking at the crystals, let's be honest: Most of those characters have been around for quite some time. Certainly not everyone has the best characters in them, but at the same time, the top tier players likely have most, if not all of them.

Giving them another Basic version of the character...while anything is possible, I just don't see that happening.

I think the cutoffs will be reasonable, and I say that as a player who is hopeful of making a cut but not guaranteed

Hope I'm wrong.

I am honestly not worried about that at all -- it's just Basics, nothing from, what, the last 6-8 months or so of the game?

While I could be wrong -- and I know someone is always going to be just above and just below the cutoff, and I could very well be one of those below a cutoff -- the quality of the roster is just not enough for anyone to say "let's make it so only a tiny percentage get these."

Looking at the crystals, let's be honest: Most of those characters have been around for quite some time. Certainly not everyone has the best characters in them, but at the same time, the top tier players likely have most, if not all of them.

Giving them another Basic version of the character...while anything is possible, I just don't see that happening.

I think the cutoffs will be reasonable, and I say that as a player who is hopeful of making a cut but not guaranteed

I just saw the "Top Teams, etc" and thought they were picking who gets the crystal and not actually a cutoff by rank/prestige. Like I said, I hope this is not the case and they do make it reasonable.

Hope I'm wrong.

I just saw the "Top Teams, etc" and thought they were picking who gets the crystal and not actually a cutoff by rank/prestige. Like I said, I hope this is not the case and they do make it reasonable.

Top team ranking is so out of sync anyway, mine is rubbish even though I can have a r5 and 4 r4s there, the numbers don’t match up, and the difference isn’t due to mastery set up.

So basing it on top teams is BS idea as most wont be right
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Need an answer for this please. If me and one buddy team up would that be enough? Just the same 2 people teaming up everyday?
  • So, if I'm unable to see the 5* crystal because of my stats when the dungeon goes live.. if I level during the time the dungeons are here.. will I be able to eventually see the 5* crystals or are you locked to whatever till the very end of dungeon in a month or so..
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    A quick question.
    I suppose there will be 6 difficulty level 1-6(same as normal,beginner.....Etc).
    So my question is what will be difficulty of level 6.is it same as uncollected event hardest lane?and I assume there will be difficulty increase as you proceed to next room.so will there will be limit to
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    This sounds like next month will be full time job with EQ.AW.AQ and dungeon lol

Nah most likely alot of emergency maintenance instead.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Hope I'm wrong.

I think they will...truthfully? I think this is actually a way to help players who have been in the game for a bit, are in the middle/upper-middle class, to have an opportunity to dupe some of the older characters that, because of the large roster, isn't all that easy to do.

To me, this feels like when 5-stars first came out. There were maybe, what, 10-15 characters in the first release cohort. Then, just like now in this event, not every person could get them. You had to have your roster at a certain strength, have put in some time developing it, to have acquired enough shards to get one. Just like 6-stars now. They're out there. But not everyone can get them.

But back then, obviously, the people who got them were able to have better odds at duping their Star-Lords. Right? Because there weren't that many 5-stars released.

These crystals will have 10 characters in them. If people are at a certain level and are willing to grind, they will be able to take a few shots at duping something they view as valuable.

Whether I can see the crystals or not, I think this is fair. People who have some skin in the game can grind in the dungeons, put in the work, and have a 10 percent chance of getting or duping an older but still useful character.

Kabam takes a lot of heat sometimes, but this seems fair to me. Because I agree that you shouldn't be able to get a 5-star duped Star-Lord just for showing up and playing a few months, then hitting this event

• IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Is there a safe guard in place to prevent other player from ditching you midway, like ppl tend to do during AQ and AW.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Since the dupe will be a basic, what happens when you open and get a champ you already have at sig 200? Nothing?