**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shell Alliances Restricting AW Season 2 Multiplier Points

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Because AW tiers are based on percentage/war rating, shell alliances continue to slow active alliances AW tier progression. Shell alliances don’t affect AW Season 2 Rankings, but they do affect AW tier multipliers.

There are 9+ shell alliances in the top 325 war rating alliances. That may not seem like much; however, tier 1 includes around 20-30 alliances, and tier 2 includes around 150-200 alliances. This means alliances who are trying to move up AW Season 2 rankings into platinum and master may not be receiving the appropriate multiplier for their AW points.

This was not addressed in Season 1, will it be addressed in Season 2?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I was really hoping these would be removed or dropped heading into Season 2. But, Kabam.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Because AW tiers are based on percentage/war rating, shell alliances continue to slow active alliances AW tier progression. Shell alliances don’t affect AW Season 2 Rankings, but they do affect AW tier multipliers.

There are 9+ shell alliances in the top 325 war rating alliances. That may not seem like much; however, tier 1 includes around 20-30 alliances, and tier 2 includes around 150-200 alliances. This means alliances who are trying to move up AW Season 2 rankings into platinum and master may not be receiving the appropriate multiplier for their AW points.

If they aren't playing matches, they aren't getting points. They will drop tiers soon enough. You win the season with points. Also, you are looking at the WAR RATING leaderboards. That has nothing to do with season standings. It even says NO SEASON RANK right on the icons. You are literally complaining about nothing.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If they aren't playing matches, they aren't getting points. They will drop tiers soon enough. You win the season with points. Also, you are looking at the WAR RATING leaderboards. That has nothing to do with season standings. It even says NO SEASON RANK right on the icons. You are literally complaining about nothing.

• SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Ohh I just love it when people reply to a post without actually reading it 😏
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There have been plenty of posts about this and Kabam has said before that inactive alliances aren’t considered in the calculation of aw tiers. They take up spots on the leaderboard but that’s all they do
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    There have been plenty of posts about this and Kabam has said before that inactive alliances aren’t considered in the calculation of aw tiers. They take up spots on the leaderboard but that’s all they do

Thanks for reading my OP. If this is true my OP is moot, I’ll believe this when confirmation is provided. By confirmation I mean Kabam explaining what kind of criteria is used to determine wherever or not an alliance is “inactive” and how the matchmaking process makes use of such criteria when assigning AW matchups.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    6mki32s4cvdz.png
    xatnslakg8jy.png
    qbvtbusy59mm.png
    nfq5nr9xsc5f.png
    4xgfqpft0sh5.png
    3wm1pphl5sfq.png
    j2ywsuvv8p7r.png
    37lmqdpf7vr3.png
    21g3dxww9sx6.png

you literally don't understand the tiers and multipliers then.
    I read it and understand what he is saying/asking. They don't have a season rank, they don't affect tiers/multipliers for the seasons aspect. Kabam has stated that before. They have previous season rank but that's it. If you don't accumulate points, you aren't participating in seasons.

Again OP is looking at war rating only on the leader boards. That has nothing to do with season rankings.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    So you are saying that the inactive shells don't count in the multiplier brackets that are based on AW rating tier?
    I've not seen kabam announce that previously and I'm not sure how they would make it happen?
    Yeah, they haven’t commented on this type of post in awhile but they did a few months ago
    edited May 2018
    I read it and understand what he is saying/asking. They don't have a season rank, they don't affect tiers/multipliers for the seasons aspect. Kabam has stated that before. They have previous season rank but that's it. If you don't accumulate points, you aren't participating in seasons.

Again OP is looking at war rating only on the leader boards. That has nothing to do with season rankings.

kwlpi1tmttpl.png

@Demonzfyre This is what my OP is based on, not war seasons. AW tiers are based on the top % of alliance war ratings. Unless Kabam has taken steps to prevent this which they have not provided details how they have done so, high war rated alliances that does not rank in war seasons still take spots in high AW tiers.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Yeah, they haven’t commented on this type of post in awhile but they did a few months ago

I remember a post like that, but my interpretation of the post was that the alliance wouldn't show up in that list either once they were inactive.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    That is sooo not how it works.

Kabam said inactive alliances would lose war rating points, but one of the alliances pictured above has been inactive since the beginning of season 1 and still has a top 30 war rating. Examples like that are why I’m asking for specific details on this topic.
    I'd be very surprised if kabam have individually removed select alliances from AW rating tier calculations. What if that alliance just chooses to play 1 war every 4 weeks for example, or even whenever they feel like it? Fair enough if it's an alliance with 1 member inactive for 12 weeks but that's not the case with many of the shells.
    I'd be much less surprised if in fact every shell is preventing another alliance from moving into the next multiplier bracket.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Everyone starts the season with a multiplier based on War Rating. The multiplier affects how many points it is possible to score, which in turn affects where you land in the season rankings. I remember Mods saying that the shell alliances don't affect war season standings because they don't get points but that doesn't address the war rating multiplier issue. If Mods did say that the shell alliances don't affect multipliers they are probably wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. The multiplier is based entirely on war rating and has nothing to do with points scored so how could these shell alliances not affect it?
    The Alliance War Tiers are based on the score you earn during an alliance war season. While having a higher war rating may help to earn a higher score over the course of a season, an alliance must still earn that score by fighting in wars.

An alliance who has a high war rating but participates in few wars (or none at all) wouldn't necessarily be preventing anyone else from moving up to a higher Tier since the former wouldn't be earning many points for their season score. Any alliance that is actively participating in wars could easily earn more points toward their season score, allowing them to move past the alliance with a high war rating but low participation.

This is understood but that's not what the OP is asking. If an inactive alliance is sitting at the #10 spot in the AW rating leader board with a very high rating that never changes, they are preventing another alliance from taking that spot. Not a big deal except that AW rating position directly affects the tier you are in and therefore the multiplier you get. There are a number of alliances who ate not getting the multiplier they should be because a shell alliance is getting it.
  • Good points @LeNoirFaineant

Why not actually do something about the shell alliances? Creating more complicated and separate scoring systems and multipliers doesn't seem to be the fix.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The Alliance War Tiers are based on the score you earn during an alliance war season. While having a higher war rating may help to earn a higher score over the course of a season, an alliance must still earn that score by fighting in wars.

An alliance who has a high war rating but participates in few wars (or none at all) wouldn't necessarily be preventing anyone else from moving up to a higher Tier since the former wouldn't be earning many points for their season score. Any alliance that is actively participating in wars could easily earn more points toward their season score, allowing them to move past the alliance with a high war rating but low participation.

I would like some clarification please, if you have time. Tier and Reward bracket are completely independent. You could be tier 1, and not fight in any wars, and not be in a reward bracket. However, the concern here is that an alliance in tier 1 is preventing another alliance from having a higher multiplier towards seasons. So an alliance is dead, not gaining season points, but they have a war rating that determines multiplier. The question here has nothing to do with reward bracket, but multiplier and tier.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited May 2018

Example : If we were one spot away from tier 1 but one said inactive alliance is keeping us in tier 2 we are losing a multiplier of 0.8 each war. That’s roughly 100-160k points each war. It can average over 2 million points throughout the season. That is very significant.

@Kabam Zibiit My OP was not referring to AW Season tiers like master/platinum/gold, it was referring to AW points multiplier tiers like tier 1/tier 2/tier 3. In case you overlooked my post that provided a visual explanation, here it is again:

x5kdkvywkwti.png

AW tiers are shown above have been categorized by % long before AW Seasons started. @LeNoirFaineant summed up my OP’s point perfectly, AW points multipliers are based entirely on war rating and have nothing to do with AW Seasons. If these points multiples have unique mechanisms when AW Seasons is ongoing that disqualify inactive alliances from being included in AW tiers:

1) Kabam has not explained how such hypothetical mechanisms work, let alone if they exist.
    2) Kabam has not explained precisely what criteria qualifies an alliance as being “inactive”
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    I suggest dropping a 100 points of alliance war rating for every week that passes without fighting any war. If an alliance want to keep their rating they must fight at least one war a week win or lose. That should be reasonable.
    My bad, I misunderstood OP's question. I will try to get some more information about this and will get back to everyone here once I have some info to share.

Thank you @Kabam Zibiit
  • Hey there everyone, I've got a quick update for y'all. Alliances that are inactive are not counted when calculating the cut-offs for War Rating Tiers, so they won't be taking up any spots or keeping anyone from moving up a tier.
    @DTMelodicMetal it has been confirmed
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    How long before you consider an alliance “inactive”? A week, a month...?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Unfortunately I think they only need one AW during the season to be considered active
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61

Let me see if I can help you understand what the OP means.

THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF ALLIANCES THAT CAN EARN POINTS THROUGH A x7 MULTIPLIER.
    Shell alliances are part of that limited number alliances. They aren't scoring points towards AW though. The only thing they are doing is preventing other alliances from gaining access to that multiplier.