**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Limit on Dark Artifact Crystals

Can someone clarify... I read in the original Infinity dungeon post a mod (Kabaam Mike) said you would be able to purchase theoretically the same crystal three times. However it is now not letting me purchase a second war Crystal. Is there a post with updated information where they stated that was changed?

Comments

• WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 66
    This post on 4/18 by @Kabam Miike is the one I'm referencing above:

27k is a lot, but if you're able to hit every milestones every day, you should be able to get 3 of the 5-Star Crystals. You are able to purchase the crystal multiple times, so you could theoretically buy the same Crystal 3 times.

You did remind me of something important that I should probably call out. Notice that the Champions in the Top Prizes are blue. The crystals contain Basic Champions. Duplicating them will only give 1 Signature level, and no Shards, etc.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/408283/#Comment_408283

This is the thread where Miike first admitted his response, or at least the first one I can find. Mike says in the thread “we have said afterwards this is not the case”, as if implying he’d said it somewhere else too, but I cannot find anywhere he said that.

This was actually a month after he made the original comment you quoted above.
    Ha. Welp... @Kabam Miike:
    Fortunately, this hasn't had a negative effect on anybody, as you haven't missed the chance to purchase any crystal in particular.

That is officially wrong. Because I've been sitting on the 27k for a couple days now, waiting for my 2nd crack at the War crystal. Now I'm out. Would have gotten one of the three that were up yesterday if I knew this. Just terrible communication. This should have went out as an update as an in-game message.
    WyattEarp wrote: »
    Ha. Welp... @Kabam Miike:
    Fortunately, this hasn't had a negative effect on anybody, as you haven't missed the chance to purchase any crystal in particular.

That is officially wrong. Because I've been sitting on the 27k for a couple days now, waiting for my 2nd crack at the War crystal. Now I'm out. Would have gotten one of the three that were up yesterday if I knew this. Just terrible communication. This should have went out as an update as an in-game message.

Yep, it should have been on news and announcements, on the blog, on Facebook, Twitter and sent out in an ingame message. It’s like they don’t even care that they’ve spread misinformation. Anyone who doesn’t visit the forum often would have missed it.
    EXACTLY. I made sure I read the original posting to get all the info so I could plot my activity for the month, meet the milestones, etc. And, like @Kabam Miike even said "yeah, 27k is a lot"... my in-game activity was WAY up this month trying to earn for these crystals. Now I'm getting stiffed because of their bad communication? How is that far as a user?
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Seems the new scape goat to cover any tracks is, “We we’re misinformed”.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @WyattEarp didn't you know? Simply saying that they misinformed us removes all obligation for them to do anything about it. At least that's what I learned from the AA nerf.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    I agree with this post. I also waited so I could get another shot at red hulk and to my surprise I found out that I was at my limit. Even though everything that I read had no mention of that fact. Instead I had to choose another crystal and I got 1 sig level on dump truck mordo. Really sucked to grind for that.
    I encourage everyone to post new threads discussing this on the forums, as well as take to the social media pages. They should provide a direct answer to this. They misinformed the user base and we're left paying the price. Totally unacceptable.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Don't trust anything a mod on these forms say. They have no idea what is going on and when they spread mis-information they just give you the old, "this is how it is, deal with it".
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    It's RNG... sometimes the information they give is correct, sometimes it's not... all RNG ...

Funniest comment I’ve read on this or other current issues. Nice!

Dr. Zola
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    It's RNG... sometimes the information they give is correct, sometimes it's not... all RNG ...

I wonder what the drop rates would be for that?

At the moment it seems the chance for information to be correct is similar to FGMC for a 5* featured champ.
    There is just no way this should be acceptable to Kabam as a business. And I'm not trying to dump on @Kabam Miike or any other mods at all. It's just a fairly simple thing that if you mis-inform a customer, which we all are, you don't then hold THEM accountable for your mis-informing. This would be like ordering a burger at McDonalds, they hand you a chicken sandwich, & when you let them know that's wrong... they respond "sorry, we'll take a look, you'll just have to like that chicken for now." It's not right. If they have communication issues between the game devs and the forum/info mods... that's their problem to be ironed out. It shouldn't be taken out on the users.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    WyattEarp wrote: »
    Can someone clarify... I read in the original Infinity dungeon post a mod (Kabaam Mike) said you would be able to purchase theoretically the same crystal three times. However it is now not letting me purchase a second war Crystal. Is there a post with updated information where they stated that was changed?

Hello,

We apologize for the confusion, but you can only purchase one of each type of Dark Artifact Crystal, as shown by the purchase limit in game. This was further clarified in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.