**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Caution beginners - Don't play too much!

Three weeks ago, I started playing this game with a two friends after watching infinity war. We fell in love with the game.

Admittedly, I've spent some money on this game during the recent iron man IW arena run (on stamina refreshes) in an attempt to get the hero I always wanted.

One of my friends did the same, and we literally grinded arena for hours using refreshes. My other friend skipped it due to work commitments.

Two of us played tirelessly for the past 3 weeks; spending over 13 hours a day on the game - only to be faced with a ban that says we violated Kabam's TOS and/or used 3rd party apps. Any attempt to write a support ticket gets an auto responder email saying that the decision may not be turned.

I suppose this game wasn't made to be played so much - and huge progress for beginners (I'm about ~40k rating) is a big red flag for their automated detection system.

Perhaps the large amount of time I spent on the game flagged my (and friends) activity as being a bot, but not allowing me a chance to have a human reply my support tickets is a bit much.

I guess it's time I got a well deserved break from the heavy grind.

Thanks for reading my story.

TLDR; here's a word of caution to any one planning to start a new account: don't progress too fast or spend too much time on the account.

Comments

• NewPlayerNewPlayer Posts: 9
    edited June 2018
    For information, it's a ban that started off with not being able to view arenas for 30 days (stated in auto responder email), and hours later, a 7 day login ban.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Were the number of friends and the number of accounts equal here? If you were playing the same account that’s what got you.
    edited June 2018
    Honestly, I wouldn't know. I don't even have the confidence now to continue playing after I get unbanned.

I am totally unaware of the reason I got banned. And as a player, I would obviously play the same way should I get unbanned. What's stopping them from banning me again?

I guess apart from not playing so much I can't think of anything else, and even then, I wouldn't know what's the 'hours per day' threshold before their fubar system thinks I'm a bot.

Players who are starting a new account should take a lesson from my experience and not pour too many hours into the game in a short span.
    NewPlayer wrote: »

Two of us played tirelessly for the past 3 weeks; spending over 13 hours a day on the game - only to be faced with a ban that says we violated Kabam's TOS and/or used 3rd party apps...

Perhaps the large amount of time I spent on the game flagged my (and friends) activity as being a bot[/b]

Again, were the two of you playing separate accounts that were simultaneously banned? This reads a lot as though you were tirelessly sharing an account, which if true would be your answer.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    If you have a third party app that can even acess something that could potentially hack the game they would band you like if you had bluestacks and never even used it youd get banned if you have a jailbroken iphone with cydia the wrong app downloaded could get you banned
  • LordDemocLordDemoc Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    So due to forum rules I won’t say anything about my account basically there is a problem with the way the server works trying to register cheaters or bots. It needs to be fixed. My opinion.
    ScottLang wrote: »
    If you have a third party app that can even acess something that could potentially hack the game they would band you like if you had bluestacks and never even used it youd get banned if you have a jailbroken iphone with cydia the wrong app downloaded could get you banned

I've had nothing like that though. Just played legitimately
  • LordDemocLordDemoc Posts: 16
    Same here id even send my phone to prove it because I want to play this game. Once you dedicate time and money like why would you cheat. People cheat because they don’t want to take time to make real progress or because they have no money nor do they want to spend any.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    In before the lock
    Given the lack of response when asked twice directly, the lesson seems to be don’t share your account.
This discussion has been closed.