**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uncollected Thanos Controls Broken since the update [Merged Threads] [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

• NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84
    I'm not wanting it to last any longer than normal, no compensation, no extending it please, I just wanna work on the new monthly quest
  • Yoda_ManYoda_Man Posts: 1
    Not only is the inverted control broken, but also the unstoppable phase is not working correctly. When you use your special to intercept Thanos, the unstoppable doesn’t nullify and Thanos continues to be unstoppable.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @NoTaxTea. He was a B. I was fortunate enough to have plenty of l1s on hand from playing the game as it was designed before it changed abruptly. The guys who say he was easy are top tier or have awesome champs. I have only 4* 5 40 and even though some will say it’s more than easy with them, I’d say only for the really skillful or those with units to spend.. this was a lot harder for me than the other uncollected and I only did the one pass.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello all,

We have been able to confirm the issue with Thanos controls and are working on a fix.

What is the plan in case the fix does not come out in time, or for people who are unable to complete the quest because of the delay? It would be nice to be open about what you're planning to do beyond just "working on a fix".
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    linux wrote: »
    Yoda_Man wrote: »
    Not only is the inverted control broken, but also the unstoppable phase is not working correctly. When you use your special to intercept Thanos, the unstoppable doesn’t nullify and Thanos continues to be unstoppable.

This was the case previously, I think -- for most of my champs. I think it depends on the timing for your special -- I got it to work with Void, but just gave up on it for all my other champs. I.e. that's not new ... naively, I was guessing:

(1) Thanos charges
    (2) You start your special, meaning he can't hit you -- but you haven't hit him yet
    (3) Thanos attempts to hit you, and misses
    (4) Your special hits Thanos, but this is too late to be an intercept, so he keeps his unstoppable buff -- allowing him to block or stand up through the special and then punish you as soon as it's done.

It's annoying, agreed.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello all,

We have been able to confirm the issue with Thanos controls and are working on a fix.

What is the plan in case the fix does not come out in time, or for people who are unable to complete the quest because of the delay? It would be nice to be open about what you're planning to do beyond just "working on a fix".

Well, you can hope they fix it, but you can also beat it without hitting during the chaos stone effect by just waiting for the timer to expire. It may be harder or cost more revives though.

Yes, and content being harder than intended is precisely the problem. Of course nearly anything can be overcome with enough money.

In any case, I'm done with the quest. I'm asking on a matter of principle and also because some of my alliance mates are stuck.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Although this situation stinks... don’t wait til the last second. They’re not gonna leave this event and start a new one at the same time or push back the new one. I get that we all have time constraints and the event has a schedule, but give yourself a cushion for things like this. Things happen that cause issues in real life and the game. When I was in the military, I was told to always be 15 minutes early or I was already late. Good advice to prepare for other jobs, school assignments, and even when it comes to stuff like this. So many posts about this and things like being just shy of artifacts for a 5*...

I just became uncollected last Friday so I didn't have a ton of time to try this quest before the new update screwed it up. Regardless, myself and everyone who's trying to finish it now have an unfair disadvantage that everyone who already completed it did not. I would at least like the pots and energy refills back that I used practicing on UC and Master Thanos before the bug occurred.
  • Mr_FusionMr_Fusion Posts: 2
    Yeah I had the same sh!t too. Such a pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ni8FhtfB4
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    @Kabam Lyra what's the verdict on this now that event is over? Are you just leaving us high and dry?
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    They're not going to give us any answers for this. It seems that compensating players for an event that has already ended couldn't be lower on their priority list.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Hey Miike, have you heard anything from the developers yet on this bug and whether or not we are to expect compensation? Even just getting back the pots and energy I wasted on it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

While we did identify the issue with controls, the fix was not able to be implemented before the event ended. Apologies for any frustration caused by this unexpected issue.
This discussion has been closed.