**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drax and mordo... after the recent update

2»

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Nothing like bringing a champ (Drax) to AW before the update specifically to deal with a Mordo Mini Boss, just to have the update totally render the champ you brought useless against the mini boss you brought him for MID AW

This^,Drax just made his way from Amazing to good
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    They also nerf'd Drax against Spider-man too! Just tried a duel Spider-man wouldn't (if ever) evade both his hits on his medium. Every medium I threw, he fully evaded both parts of the medium... In my duel, Spidey never immediately smacked me back after the evade which is still good but you normally could get a hit in with the medium... Shame Shame Shame Kabam...

Will add link to video in a minute.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    It wasn't a bug. It was confirmed in the old forums that Drax's and other champs fast double hits would bypass astral evade. Myself and a lot of others that ranked up Drax did so based on that information.

Drax's change here is either a bug a or a Nerf.

Saying it should not bypass astral evade now is doubling back and rewriting history.

The changes in 18.1 amount to significant changes to champions.

Agree. I took my 4* to rank 5 and poured sig stones into him just for Mordo.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    They also nerf'd Drax against Spider-man too! Just tried a duel Spider-man wouldn't (if ever) evade both his hits on his medium. Every medium I threw, he fully evaded both parts of the medium... In my duel, Spidey never immediately smacked me back after the evade which is still good but you normally could get a hit in with the medium... Shame Shame Shame Kabam...

Here's a video showing multiple 'single' evades, fully evading Drax's double hit medium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVn5jVe4QQ
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    MikeyBoi69 wrote: »
    The astral evade bypass was the tipping point of my choice between R4ing drax and hyperion and now im sitting with a nerfed R4 drax and an R3 hyperion. Kabam you guys really are killing the gane

Not sure what you were thinking there, R4ing Drax for one single aspect of the game over Hyperion, who can not only be used to counter the astral evade (power gain to L1 before attacking into a stun) but also has much more utility, heavy hitter, poison immune, regen, power gain...should have never been a debate
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337

I really think this was unintended. They were fixing it so that evade champs could block before getting hit by additional shots. For example, if you auto-evaded during Agent Venom or Winter Soldier Gunfire, you'd get hit after the auto-evade. I think in trying to fix that, they broke this part.

@Kabam Miike Would love some insight.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I mean, if they're doing it with drax, they should also do the same with IMIW..
    He also bypasses mordo's Astral evade..
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    “KABAM” as you said , we are progressing and making changes in the game content to give more verity and users can have fun. Introducing new champs making synergies more effective, if I see from past two years a lot has changed.

When you talk about changes then why you restrain users to make the choice as per the need of the game content.

Your concept of bringing new challenges is always welcome but this will be more effective when we have free will to choose our champs as per the game content.

RDT - why you consider this as a threat to the game content, I think Rank down should always be an option in the game. You introduced rank down option as a compensatory item. That became a demand and people start looking for reasons to ask RDT.

Request- We started with two dimensions but now we talk about 7 dimensions, it means we can’t look at one side of the coin. When you are progressing with the game content please consider other aspects as well which will only going to help you and users will be enjoying your new content.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @Sceptilemaniac it's different because IMIW's description reads that his first medium can't be evaded, whereas Drax could bypass it because of the timing of his medium, not because of his character abilities.
    Wow I am amazed, there’s a issue with a champ abilities and we mentioned with video proof. But none of the officials bother about this issue but if I have reported that Drax is by passing everything and mordo is broken, in few min. Mordo will be fixed. But this issue will take time to addressed. Bravo 👏
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    This was 'broke' because they 'fixed' evade champs (frame rates supposedly). There's other threads that I've used to piece all this together but as per usual, no comprehensive explanation of the changes (if they mention them at all, which they often don't) and their effects on gameplay... they just leave us having to figure it all out on our own and continue to get frustrated.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    To add insult to injury, I was just fighting GG on miniboss node 52 and I wish recorded it. I landed the first hit of the double hit medium, but GG evaded the second hit. That can't be right..

??? Has anyone got any info on this ...
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    ??? Has anyone got any info on this ...

We've been told no changes to Drax have been made. He is working as intended and Kabam is not going to investigate this.

So it means the Drax we have now is what we are stuck with.

Even though it has been shown that drax slides back when an autoevader evades.
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Actually. Not only Drax but my AA heavy attack isn’t working against Mordo either. So both Drax and AA failed to take down a 5* Mordo in AW. What’s the deal?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

We've clarified Drax's interaction with Astral Evade in this thread. This will be closed since it is a duplicate discussion.
This discussion has been closed.