**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are dungeons coming back?

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
I just got this message on my second account but nothing on my main

5ft0hx95wywq.jpg

Comments

• NEONEO Posts: 347
    Please let dungeons RIP and release a new and improved AQ.
  • Hey there, that looks to be the message that was sent out in regards to changes we had previously made to dungeons part of the way through that event.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Hey there, that looks to be the message that was sent out in regards to changes we had previously made to dungeons part of the way through that event.

That's what I thought but as it's dated with today's date I thought I'd check.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I hope they are gone forever unless there's some serious changes made. I did 4 of them the entire time and that was 2 to many.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    We can only hope they come back. Best addition to the game in a very long time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

Conceptually yes. In reality no. There were some huge flaws with how dungeons were implemented. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy them, I had a great time, but it was too much of a grind.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Would love to be able to earn units, BC shards an even loyalty from them. Could give up the mind numbing game mode that is arena.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    I liked the dungeons i mean you didnt have to do them they were optional but it was a fun time and a good way to gauge the skill of new recruits
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Conceptually yes. In reality no. There were some huge flaws with how dungeons were implemented. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy them, I had a great time, but it was too much of a grind.

They were great. Everything can be better, but they were much needed.

I made a post on how I would like to see them improved ie: 3 days milestones, loyalty as a rewards, etc.

Hopefully they make a return.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    From a dev standpoint, it makes no sense to create a whole new playing format (ie not just a new or modified map) for a month. It'll be back here in some form, unless it was just in reality a beta for another one of kabam's games.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

They were great. Everything can be better, but they were much needed.

I made a post on how I would like to see them improved ie: 3 days milestones, loyalty as a rewards, etc.

Hopefully they make a return.

They were good, in my opinion anyway. I also wrote a large post on how they could be improved too. I highlighted especially just how many points were wasted daily just from doing 4 rooms of dungeon 6 which I think was one of the main problems contributing to it being a daily grind.

“4 rooms of dungeon 6 is around 9,500 points which is 2000 points over the actual milestone of 7500. So you need to do (per week) 7 lots of 4 rooms in Dungeon 6, 28 rooms overall. And that’s with 2000 points per day going to waste.

My suggestion for this is make it weekly. Instead of 7500 a day make it 52,500 per week. Now you need to do 6 lots of the 9500 points which is 57,000 saving you a full day of dungeons. Instead of wasting 2000 a day (14000 a week) you only lose 2500 a week. And this calculation is assuming people would just go to room 4 in dungeon 6. Going to room 5 would save even more time but there’s no use in it at the moment since the highest milestone is 7500. Instead of it being a daily grind, you could sit down several times a week and go to room 5 or 6 on dungeon 6.”
  • Batman_26_2019Batman_26_2019 Posts: 70
    The_One wrote: »
    Hey there, that looks to be the message that was sent out in regards to changes we had previously made to dungeons part of the way through that event.

Have you been logging on to your second account regularly? If not, messages received days, weeks, or even months ago will be dated with the day you first open it, not the day it was sent
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I thought they were fun...but I did not even come close to grinding them out to their full potential. I think it was a great concept and I want to see them come back.
    I am keeping in mind that this was Kabam's first attempt at this mode, and could see them making changes for a "version 2.0".

Remember how bad the first "event currency" store was? Rocket's Workshop was a giant pain in the butt to navigate for every purchase, yet subsequent events with special currency have had a storefront built for them.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »

Have you been logging on to your second account regularly? If not, messages received days, weeks, or even months ago will be dated with the day you first open it, not the day it was sent

The account is 2 days old.
    Got a 4* already too, new players have it so easy.
    4* cap America ww2 blasts through act 2 and EQ with barely a scratch.
    My only mastery is dexterity
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    Loved dungeons, with improvements I would love to see them return.