**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venompool Discussion

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
I just noticed that he was reduced from a 90% Om Nom chance to a 87% Om Nom chance

Now VP isn't a god or really at a high tier but he is a solid champ and while 3% isn't a lot that's the difference between needing a 3* Quake and a 4* Quake to chain stun with hulk
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I just noticed that he was reduced from a 90% Om Nom chance to a 87% Om Nom chance

Now VP isn't a god or really at a high tier but he is a solid champ and while 3% isn't a lot that's the difference between needing a 3* Quake and a 4* Quake to chain stun with hulk

Dang. Changing champs is getting annoying. Stop nerfing abilities and etc. Kabam.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    I think he was always like that. At least is what is written on his spotlight ...
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I think he was always like that. At least is what is written on his spotlight ...

It used to be 90% from what I saw… he was my Act3 100% reward so I remember that clearly
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Who cares? VP is useless anyways!
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    VP is actually solid, a better regen than DS and a strong Bleed. Not mention the multiple buffs. He does suck for AW as he triggers MD all day. But is pretty good other wise. And yes, it's not about just him. It's the silent nerfs across the board. While it may be a small percentage like 2% it is still the fact that they change champs without notification until the following release.
    Yep, I can get my 4/40 to regen 150 a tick any time (87%) I land a S1 and he bleeds out at about 310 a tick. And I don't have to wait 18 seconds to get to a regen.
  • cccar1420cccar1420 Posts: 57
    I love VP he was my 1st rank 4 and I still use him in solo questing all the time TBH I would like to get a 5* VP over most 5*s in the crystal right now
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Yep, I can get my 4/40 to regen 150 a tick any time (87%) I land a S1 and he bleeds out at about 310 a tick. And I don't have to wait 18 seconds to get to a regen.

except if the enemy gets no buffs, you get no regen.
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Then you still bleed the hell out of them, but you are right if they dont have a buff you get screwed.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Have any proof that it was 90%?
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I just got a 5* VP and lemme tell u mate, that guy is amazing, I always wanted him as a 4*, got him from arena and now got the 5* and this guy will bleed u to no tomorrow, has heal block and if you dup him will get some unique buff which can be super useful...
  • Hey @Mr_Otter,

I just confirmed with the team that Venompool has never had a 90% chance to eat a buff and Regen on his Om Nom ability. It's been 87% as far back as we can see.

I'm going to rename this thread because it's turned into a discussion on the viability of Venompool and how he compares to others, instead of closing it down, but please remember to keep conversation civil and not attack each other!
  • Jon_9000Jon_9000 Posts: 1
    VP just looks cool.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I like seeing the love for VP. I've never touched my 4* and just pulled a 5* so been learning him. I'm liking him. Lots of fun to play with. Looks like he might be good for AQ
    Correction it was his Bleed that was 90% flat rate

However I do love VP!
    His regen is quite high and deals high Bleed

The only champs that counter both abilities are Visions, CW (technicality), and maybe Nebby but I don't remember her abilities 100%

He has higher bulk than most champs and is one of my FAVE attackers even if he's only slightly above average at times
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I like seeing the love for VP. I've never touched my 4* and just pulled a 5* so been learning him. I'm liking him. Lots of fun to play with. Looks like he might be good for AQ

He is one of the few champs I think is a tad better unduped. Only for the fact that he still has his bleed and ability to regen but doesn't skyrocket MD in AW.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

AW boss. Adaptive. Lots of buffs to eat there.
  • DarkArrow07DarkArrow07 Posts: 109
    He's one of my strongest 4*champs and I love him. I dupped him in the back to back arenas and then put a lot of sig stones into him afterwards. He's a beast. Would love to have him in a 5*!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Ewwww! Strongest? Lmao VP is useless. VP is DP xforce with lousy regen. He is useless agaisnt bleed immune and champs without buffs just the mention a few. Only good damage ouput is on specials. He is a wet noodle!

Worst cosmic champs are kamala, VP and phoenix and it is difficult to say which one of the three is the worst.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Interesting. I haven't gotten into him much. He's been sitting at 1/10 for the longest time. I've been meaning to Rank him eventually. This discussion has me more motivated. Thanks.
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I enjoy VP. He's very sub par against bleed immune champs but he's above average against champs that use buffs and can bleed.
    Very cool character design and fun play style. :)
  • Ed2727Ed2727 Posts: 19
    I like VP but only when using him

Have u guys noticed that you tend to freeze up before his L2? Absolutely bs
  • DarkArrow07DarkArrow07 Posts: 109
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Ewwww! Strongest? Lmao VP is useless. VP is DP xforce with lousy regen. He is useless agaisnt bleed immune and champs without buffs just the mention a few.

Then don't use him on bleed immune champs. Problem solved. There's several great characters that have that problem. He might be a little better use for you if you learn to play correctly with him. Once you do you will be very impressed!
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Ewwww! Strongest? Lmao VP is useless. VP is DP xforce with lousy regen. He is useless agaisnt bleed immune and champs without buffs just the mention a few.

Gwenpoole sucks! She can't handle Bleed immune enemies WHAAAAAAAH!

VP does have some struggles with damage in Bleed immune but most Bleed immune have buffs to eat to help him muddle through

The only one with both Bleed immunity and no Buffs seem to be the Visions, Iceman, and MAYBE Yondu

His utility as a L2 heal block also makes him valuable for heal champs if you don't have Magik or Voodoo or if they are tied up... he ain't worth a gem by ANY means but you'd be very surprised by how much one can do with him
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Kabam doesn't tweak the champs the same as they used to. I remember my champs just randomly changing positions in my roster as Kabam was working on things...Haven't noticed that in a while.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Is he a really good champ? He is one of the champs that doesn't exist for me like Spider Gwen, Logan, She Hulk etc

He's better than those , that much's for certain.