**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

XL champs not supposed to glance...

I just went into the third map of the new event, started a fight against Antman with my Hulk having 1k health. I parry, hit him and I died. Hulk is XL so not supposed to glance what is wrong here?

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    I noticed damage with XL seems something is broken since after that 1 damage seems to be fine only happens on first contact
  • DramioneDramione Posts: 76
    I lost Hyperion this way. He's a large champion. I used his Third Special and he got microreflected and died.

@Administrator
  • Raided0817Raided0817 Posts: 6
    My guess is the pacify mastery during stuns is causing the damage back. It will negate the Size node, but not the Damage Reflect node at all times for every hit during a stun.
  • DramioneDramione Posts: 76
    What about if the opponent isn't stunned?
  • Raided0817Raided0817 Posts: 6
    Dramione wrote: »
    What about if the opponent isn't stunned?

Assassins range? Ability accuracy reduction champions?
    Just mainly attacking normal with XL to not trigger glance then on first hit I've seen damage didn't really think of anything till it kept happening on the first hit dunno if it's something with pacify disabling the node for a short time but glance doesn't show it just does the glance damage for no reason I used all XL champs and I seen the damage was using dorm for most of the fights saw him at 100% after 1 hit went to 98% very odd to see when it says they don't trigger glance on all attacks
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Its always the first hit, no matter if it glances or not major damage gets dealt back to you, i used a heavy attack and took like 7% of my health against the antman boss in mission 3
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Hey All,

We're gonna take a look into this, but please continue to give us any information you have on the topic.

Sorry to put it this way, but doesn't that necessarily mean that players would be using resources and energy on something YOU should be doing / have already done so far?

I mean... after all the problems game is currently having on connectivity issues, lag, parry, character reaction time and other controls response related issues, the domino thing, and no to talk about alliance war which is a complete story on its own, you have one surprise that in terms of both kabam and players should be the little relief for all that, it comes out, and Oh, surprise, "it is not working as intended?"

I just went into the third map of the new event, started a fight against Antman with my Hulk having 1k health. I parry, hit him and I died. Hulk is XL so not supposed to glance what is wrong here?

From Oficial Announcement:

pf3a7klxm7s9.png

He used a XL champ hulk and took damage which isn't suppose to happen as XL champs description of node all attacks can't be glanced yet they taking damage from the glance without it showing
  • 85_widereciever85_widereciever Posts: 85
    I used a heavy on final ant man and it killed me
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    XL unavoidable damage? How dare you
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Umm guys don't forget antman and Capt IW have separate glance abilities that I'd imagine don't follow the global rules. Hence you still have to be careful when using them
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Umm guys don't forget antman and Capt IW have separate glance abilities that I'd imagine don't follow the global rules. Hence you still have to be careful when using them

However if the node specifically says XL champions never glance, CapIW and Antboy shouldn't be able to override the node.

I doubt they would, but if kabam hides behind that logic, it would be very low of them.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Glancing hits are also criting when they are not supposed to. Whats funny is that glancing hits have been able to glance from day 1 but because kabam doesnt test stuff before releasing it no one has really noticed that crits when hits glance has been a bug
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    I posted about this issue in the announcement thread. My hulk died due to this.
  • Hey All,

We have a fix coming for this issue, unfortunately it won't be ready until tomorrow. We'll keep you updated as we're ready to push the fix live. If you are worried about the impact that this bug might have on you, please wait until tomorrow after the fix is live to continue.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Hey All,

We have a fix coming for this issue, unfortunately it won't be ready until tomorrow. We'll keep you updated as we're ready to push the fix live. If you are worried about the impact that this bug might have on you, please wait until tomorrow after the fix is live to continue.

Thanks for the update on this Miike; spotted it many many times during my run so the fix will be too late for me and others. Saw it with my Kingpin and MODOK, as well as AA’s heavies. Will there be anything for those of us who finish the whole event 100% before this fix goes live?
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I'm pretty sure I know the reason, though!

It's because Size Matters did NOT affect Antman's personal Glancing to not be affected by XL champs, but the micro-reflect DID.

By that I mean his normal signature ability.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit etc when can we expect a fix for this to be pushed out and will there be an announcement today in game or on forums? I would like to 100% this before AQ and war starts and that window is nearing rapidly. I also hope it didn't affect anyone trying legend runs
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    YoMoves wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I know the reason, though!

It's because Size Matters did NOT affect Antman's personal Glancing to not be affected by XL champs, but the micro-reflect DID.

By that I mean his normal signature ability.

Incorrect, Kabam has already acknowledged that the size matters buff is relevant to ALL glancing (AM and CapIW natural glancing abilities too)