**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade Ability Reduction has been messed with

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed?
5* 5/65 almost got wiped out by Majik in AW?!?!? Like HOW?!?!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Its still 40% like it's always been. 58% with stark.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    My R4 went 0/7 canceling Mordo’s astral evade in Master EQ this afternoon (with Stark tagging along). I assumed it was just Mordo’s abilities activating evade over Danger Sense (or bad RNG). It’s hard to extrapolate any real conclusion from a single anecdote.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    My R4 went 0/7 canceling Mordo’s astral evade in Master EQ this afternoon (with Stark tagging along). I assumed it was just Mordo’s abilities activating evade over Danger Sense (or bad RNG). It’s hard to extrapolate any real conclusion from a single anecdote.

Dr. Zola

Danger sense no longer works on Mordo with ghost rider. It does still work with dorm/Mephisto for now. This is how it always worked, according to Kabam, but In truth it started last patch.

Magik is still the same. She’s dimensional. Just bad luck maybe.
  • Options

Also 1 bad match does mean a champ has been messed with.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Danger sense no longer works on Mordo with ghost rider. It does still work with dorm/Mephisto for now. This is how it always worked, according to Kabam, but In truth it started last patch.

That explains it. Odd that GR expands Danger Sense to all villains, and Mordo clearly has the villain hashtag. I suppose I didn’t notice it during dungeons because I always brought Dorm with Blade. Time to quit testing it over and over on Mordo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

Dr. Zola

I rarely notice changes to player abilities/performance because #1 I'm not paying attn most of the time, #2 I still don't fully comprehend some of the descriptions given for a majority of champs #3 its just too much info to cram amd retain into my head at my age.

But I do notice when something as Dr. Zola mentions going 0/7(especially if up to this point it had always been 6 or 7/7) pretty glaring discrepancy for RNG.

For me I haven't used Blade all that much recently, but have noticed similar in other champs like Cap OG SP1 stun, Storms SP1 and 2 stuns.

Ok, now I'm thinking I might be going crazy. Don't want to screw this one up by getting off topic so I'm going to have to open a new thread to try and find some help.

Btw, I have noticed Blade not inflicting as much damage as before and as Dr. Zola had mentioned, Mordo is clearly labeled as a villain and Blades synergy with GR clearly states that danger sense extends to include all villains and With Mephisto to include all Mystics. I never heard any mention as to why Mordo is exempt from the GR synergy.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Today in AW as usual, I brought along my undupped R4/55 Blade, with a 4* 5/50 Starky tagging along, and without GR (I hate to bring GR to AW).

Like usual I take a path with many Mystic or Science champs. On today's path, I came across 2 Magik, 2 Mephisto and 1 Spidey OG (let's ignore all other champs from other classes). Incidentally today my Blade has very good luck, both the dupped Magiks (one being the mini-boss) didn't get to proc her limbo much before getting killed quickly.

Similarly both the dupped Mephisto didn't get to proc much of his auro before getting killed quickly.

But most surprising of all is, as I was too lazy to do a 2-hit or 3-hit combo with the Spidey, I actually go ahead with 5-hit combo, but this dupped Spidey OG proc ZERO EVADE and was killed by 2 combo plus a SP2. This is the first time a spidey OG proc zero evade in AW. During a normal day, a spidey may proc evade upon my 3rd or 4th hit, on a very bad day, a spidey may proc evade upon my 1st or 2nd hit. ZERO evade and died is a first for me in AW.

I guess it is really down to the RNG and luck.

p/s: I know it is irrelevant, but I think my WORST luck in AW was my SW sig99 cast 4 SP2 throughout the whole fight, all 4/4 of the SP2 coincide with Vision AoU's evade proc.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Dr. Zola

Do you have a link to this thread? I'm interested in reading where Kabam said that Mordo is unaffected by the GR synergy and the reasoning behind it.

Thanks!
  • Options

Dr. Zola

Do you have a link to this thread? I'm interested in reading where Kabam said that Mordo is unaffected by the GR synergy and the reasoning behind it.

Thanks!

Do a quick search, you'll find it quickly.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018

Thanks!

There you go, this one has the Mod's answer
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73060/mordo-is-now-bugged-vs-blade-not-a-bug/p1

Just in case you don't like the answer like someone else, here's another thread being opened, since the previous one was closed
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/436534#Comment_436534
  • Options
    Thanks @shchong2
  • Options
    UnevenZeroUnevenZero Posts: 13
    My biggest issue with that first thread @shchong2 is that Miike tried to claim Mordo has not been changed even when his description when introduced in their own champion spotlight says he resists AAR at a rate of 90% (it still says this to this day on his official kabam spotlight) and that's clearly been changed to full imunity.

Then he shut it down because he knew he was not correct and didn't want to get called on it.
  • Options
    I agree @UnevenZero

I just read through both threads. It seems that Miike got backed into a corner and decided to shut the thread down instead of digging the hole any deeper.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

I was almost killed by Magik (Mini Boss) this war, but it was probably just RNG.

My 5/50 Blade survived with some regen and about 20% health.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Tin foil hate on for a second...

Tier 5 aw, I always take the buffet lane with 5* r5 sig 200 blade, 5* r4 starky and 5* gr. Blade vs everyone except mutants. This time I faced magik on the start with one bar power node, she proc limbo every bar of power she got but didn’t regen from it. Power shield node was dormammu, proc degen every dex. poison node was Morningstar, start of the fight didn’t remove the poison debuff & proc bleed from every hit on the duped Morningstar. Mini boss was killmonger, Easy fight. Boss was modok, here I lost my blade. I have never not solo’d a modok boss since getting blade. But this time it took a couple revives. He proc auto block every 7 seconds. Almost Zero advantages throughout my entire lane except for the increased attack and the magik fight.

Tin foil hat off. Season is done so w/e 😂 🙌
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

Hello,

We've confirmed that nothing has been changed with Danger Sense. Since it doesn’t completely shut off an opponent’s abilities, it is entirely possible for RNG to allow opponents to activate abilities multiple times during a fight. Also, the results in this case of one fight are not enough information to indicate that any issue might be present.
This discussion has been closed.