**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Medusa still autoblocks whilst stunned.

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
Despite the fact this was supposedly fixed in a recent update, Medusa has autoblocked me whilst stunned twice in the last few days.

fc7ww0148dp6.png
pgbah9mrhdch.png

Playing in arena, infinite streak on an Android Moto G-plus. She's done this to Juggernaut, and to Hyperion (mid-heavy attack). Each time she also shrugs off the stun early, and Parry-stunned my champion. Didn't lose streak; but still pretty irritating.

Are others still expecting this, too?

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Yeah I've had it too on iOS
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Should have said: this didn't occur whilst Medusa or I were at very low health/due to Assassin mastery; no boosts used.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    IMIW did this to me as well on that path he is on in Uncollected monthly event (Map 3.2). I had him in a stun chain with Thor and before the timer was even expired he auto-blocked my SP1.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Yep happened to me 2 days ago in AW. I was autoblocked/parried after striking Medusa twice while she was under stun effect. I then tested it out in a duel and confirmed as it happened again. @Kabam Miike
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Jep it stil happen @Kabam Miike
    Just got parry/stunned by Medusa's autoblocks after attacking her whilst she was stunned herself. Again.

She autoblocks and removes the stun effect, and launches straight into a five-hit combo whilst you're now stunned.

This hurts! And can completely turn around matches you're in control of.

It would be nice to have this on-going bug sorted some time, please. Or at least acknowledged by a moderator.
    @Kabam Miike pliz go one the team. And Tel it stil bug
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Added a few words of my own in orange color on the following as described by Kabam Zibit's post above.
    - When struck twice even while stunned, Medusa has 10~90% chance to Auto Block with her hair, breaking the opponent’s combo, for the cost of 3 Fury Buffs. This can trigger Parry.

Does it includes multi-hit special?

edited August 2018
    Hey there, Medusa's auto-block is a little bit different than others. She supposed to be able able to trigger Auto-Block and break an opponent's combo, even while she is under the effects of a Stun. This can still only occur if she has 3 Fury Buffs, which will be consumed by the Stun. We'll be updating her description in the game so that this is more clear in the future.
    hav to Tel why i the World wuld u guys say in the first place it fix.
    It get so anyoing. U all jus mis inform US so much. For me personal it rouid the game. Misinform u shuld clerey get better to. Luck op and then tell @Kabam Miike he hav make a mistake if Medusa somhow. Suspoet to autoblok whel stun for me it shul not be alow in.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    max out the pacify mastery, shouldn't pose a problem after that maybe.
    edited August 2018
    Hey there, Medusa's auto-block is a little bit different than others. She supposed to be able able to trigger Auto-Block and break an opponent's combo, even while she is under the effects of a Stun. This can still only occur if she has 3 Fury Buffs, which will be consumed by the Stun. We'll be updating her description in the game so that this is more clear in the future.

I've taken a little time to respond to this, Zibiit; as your response came as something of a surprise.

It seemed clear previously that this was a bug:
    ck9phyf5tuxo.png

That's the opinion from Miike in a previous thread on this subject - https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67175/iron-man-infinity-war-autoblocking-while-stunned-mod-edited-title-for-clarity/p1

Personally I don't mind Medusa having this ability; although it's a little awkward to work around. Knowing about it is key.
    However, this is clearly a shift in Medusa's intended abilities. It seems rather akin to other champs having unintended or unadvertised abilities that have been subsequently 'adopted' as MCOC canon.

I'm glad to hear that you're planning to make sure this becomes 'official' in Medusa's description as soon as possible. It would be a shame to get another situation where a Bug becomes part of a champion's recognised Power Set in the forums, only to be quietly removed many months later because someone else has been working on it as a 'Bug Fix'.

The scenarios of Archangel Vs Stun-immune champs and Drax Vs Evade have set unfortunate precedents, as I'm sure you'll appreciate.

Thank you for acknowledging the thread, and updating me and the community.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Tragic that Mike acknowledges it as an issue only for another mod to back pedal and say its working as intended. Grade A communication not only to us, but between yourselves.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    i agree it is stupid for her to have an ability that isnt listed....
    and it should be listed by now....

but in all fairness the topics of the threads that have been linked here are all regarding IMIW not medusa.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    It would be amazing if the bug with Hela's immortality based on a synergy with Heimdall would be added in the description instead of being fixed.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    It would be amazing if the bug with Hela's immortality based on a synergy with Heimdall would be added in the description instead of being fixed.

its already fixed
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Medusa's autoblock comes from her hair, which have a mind of their own, therefore living strands. Thus it's not that surprising, though annoying I'm sure, that she can autoblock while stunned. A way around this is to get the pacify mastery, which reduces AA while stunned.
    edited November 2018

Hi there Zibiit. I'm writing following the latest (21.0) update which once again doesn't cover this change for Medusa.

I'm re-posting here to ask if you can confirm if this is still a planned change; and when it's going to happen?

If Medusa is working as intended, and all you need is to change the description of her Sig, I don't really understand why it's taking months to happen.

Sorry to chase you; but I'm just trying to help with clarity in the contest. Hope that's okay. 😀👍
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    edited November 2018

Hi there Zibiit. I'm writing following the latest (21.0) update which once again doesn't cover this change for Medusa.

I'm re-posting here to ask if you can confirm if this is still a planned change; and when it's going to happen?

If Medusa is working as intended, and all you need is to change the description of her Sig, I don't really understand why it's taking months to happen.

Sorry to chase you; but I'm just trying to help with clarity in the contest. Hope that's okay. 😀👍

The information provided in the post you quote is correct. There is no issue, as was already explained. The text description in game will be updated at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.