**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Issues Investigation

Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
edited July 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 19.1 version of the game only. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• fuzzydlogic58fuzzydlogic58 Posts: 1
    Well the fix worked 2 whole days. Now instead of flickering then throwing me out after 10 minutes, logging back in 10 minutes thrown out, etc.., I can play 30 minutes get thrown out but can't stay in. Move to my phone from my galaxy S tab2 to my galaxy 8 phone and can't get in. If I do the phone locks up. Vice a versa if I start out on my phone. I have to wait 2 hours before i can play. I normally spend around $250.00 a month not any more not till something is fixed. I have 6 accounts all have the same problem since patch 19.
  • DmoneysquadDmoneysquad Posts: 4
    IGN- Dwr3kd and enter36chambers
    Samsung Note 5
    Android 7.0
    WIFI and data, Verizon
    Arena and questing daily catalyst
    After a few fights the phone becomes extremely hot, if I continue to play then the in game lag becomes unplayable freezing up to 3 seconds at a time.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Ign: Lysiszero
    Device: Samsung galaxy j3 Luna pro
    Android version: 6.0
    Cell/wifi: both
    Game version: 19.1 (downloaded 45 min ago)
    Mode: apparently just loading the game
    Issue: just logging into the game my device has heated up at an extremely fast pace like an electric stove top from gold to able to sizzle water in under 5 min. Have had iverheating issues with multiple devices since december, lost 3 devices, this cell phone was purchased in June this year. All background apps closed with device maintenance before starting mcoc. After force closing mcoc my device cools off.
  • GhostkiddoGhostkiddo Posts: 2
    IGN: ghostkiddo
    Device: Vivo v5s
    Android version: 7.0
    Cell/wifi: both
    Game version: 19.1
    Mode: Arena, Story and Event Quest, Alliance War
    Issue: Phone heating up and lagging within few minutes of playing, connection issue appearing even with connection is good. Main screen loads late sometimes, where the background runs but the other fight, alliance, champions and other tabs loading takes much longer.
  • Matt1985Matt1985 Posts: 51
    Ign: matt 1985 / kascamm
    Devise: galaxy s6 active
    Android version: 7.0
    Game version: 19 and 19.1
    Cant fight anywhere... start the fight and try to parry the first attack and my guy just holds block the whole time. My phone then becomes unresponsive ans i have to reset it.
  • Ricoone982Ricoone982 Posts: 37
    ricoone982
    Nvidia integra k1 shield
    Android 7.0 nougat
    WiFi light stream
    V 19.1
    Vs story mode quests

Game lag causing freeze
    Will not swipe back at times
    Dashing forward delays
    Kept in heavy hit when not touching the screen
    Overheating problems
    Kicking me 2 the home screen
    Stopping half way through a combo
  • Predator_elitesPredator_elites Posts: 1
    Predator elites
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A
    Amdroid Version 7.1.1
    Wifi
    Game version 19.1
    Arena
    Every 20 or so minutes, within fights, the health and power bars become white blocks, with the damage numbers, buffs, and debuffs having boxes around them. Upon completeing the fight, the game either loads forever or crashes.
  • Spidey-Man Jr
    LG Stylo 4
    Cellular or Wi-Fi- Both
    19.0 & 19.1
    AW,AQ, event quest, & story quest
    Lag, combo drops, issues with being able to parry, not being able to dexterity and I got these issues in the last update as well.
  • Garnet437Garnet437 Posts: 5
    IGN gar.net437
    Xiaomi mi A1 running Android 8.1
    MCoC version 19.1
    Occured in arena
    General lag in fights and in particular quakes heavy not always starting when i hold light attack
  • theostheos Posts: 3
    theossss
    iphone 7 plus
    cell/wifi
    game version 19.1
    generals lags while fighting in arena mostly. my cchamos are recovering after a combo ending with medium in slow motion.
  • dayvidleedayvidlee Posts: 13
    IGN: Sinister Minister
    Device Model: OnePlus 3T
    Device OS: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description: Mid fight, lag started and everything locked up.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Bodhizen
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    8.0.0 (Android Version)
    19.1 (Game Version)
    All game modes
    Controls are slow to respond, particularly when blocking or dashing back.
  • cmbjivecmbjive Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Kenyons Tooth
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2 XL
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and WiFi (VZW)
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: The game temporarily froze on a black screen, then loaded slowly. Character movement skips frames and has an inconsistent frame rate. Other times the characters have a floaty feel and appear to be off the ground when striking.
  • cmbjivecmbjive Posts: 5
    Also, inputs sometime work opposite as intended. For example, if I swipe for a mid attack the character dashes backwards or if I tap the screen for a light punch the game registers it as a heavy.
  • biggo75biggo75 Posts: 9
    IGN: biggo75
    Device Model: note 8
    Device OS:
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular
    Game Mode: quest
    Description: restated mid fight. Lost champs. Started again and lag began to prevail. Wasn't able to keep playing.
  • Rock_161Rock_161 Posts: 13
    IGN-rock~161
    Nokia5
    Amdroid Version 8.1
    Cellular
    Game version 19.1
    Arena and AW
    Game is lagging a lot..Can't parry..Got hit by the special3 and my screen froze..Had to restart the game till then I was dead
  • Sms1161Sms1161 Posts: 9
    Sms1161
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Android 7.0
    WiFi
    Happens in all aspects of game. Visuals start breaking up and then the game crashes.
    Repeatedly..
    It's extremely annoying and has only been happening since the last update.
  • ing faycal1979
    j7 prime
    ios 8.0
    bellulair et wifi tout les deux
    19.1 game version
    les combat fige dans les quete d histoir
    bug en combat.
  • Surya149Surya149 Posts: 25
    Moto G5
    Android 7.0
    WiFi n cellular
    Game crashing
    Tried also on
    One plus 6
    Android orio 8
    WiFi n cellular
    Automatic crashing n shutdown of game
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    IGN: gahrling
    Phone: Elephone P7000
    Cell or WiFi: both
    Game version: 19.1
    Game mode: All
    Description: rapid overheating just from loading the game along with severe battery draining. In-game performance is a real struggle and there is approx half a second delay before touch inputs register. Version 19.0 was working okay for me using this same phone.

Nothing else in my device has been changed since installing 19.1. I'm going to have to roll back just go be able to play AW and not leave my alliance down a player.
  • BDUNCILBDUNCIL Posts: 1
    BDUNCIL
    LG G4
    Android 6.0
    Both Wifi and Cell-TMobile
    Problems in all aspects. More noticeable in AW and AQ. Failed inputs are very frequent. Champion will throw random heavy attacks in mid combo. While blocking my champ will randomly dash backwards. Dash forward frequently fails and leaves me standing with guard down. Champion freezes mid combo as well. Muktiple times a day the game just force closes during fights and cause liss of health and death totals in AW as well
  • IndigoInferno
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Android 7.0
    WIFI AND Cellular
    Mainly lag happens regularly no matter what part of the game I am on. I also have events that show up that the number looks like I haven't done it when I have. There are time also in AQ and AW when it shows links being up that aren't or that a member of my Alliance is fighting someone and they are not actually engaged in a fight.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    65leo im experiencing lagging, blocking not working half the time, special attacks not working half the time and parry is not either working half the time this od happening on both my android and iphone X this is not a phone issue this is a game issue and android is over heating
  • PsychoN1nja
    Android 8.0.0
    WiFi and cellular are extremely slow (T-Mobile)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Update 19.1
    Ever since the update, my game runs extremely slow and laggy. I don't notice any overheating issues. My hits miss in the middle of simple combos, my specials are constantly blocked, Parry and Evade only work part of the time, and just all around terrible gameplay. I haven't been able to do any Uncollected difficulty and even while using my saved up boosts and potions, I still have trouble competing in Master difficulty, let alone completing it.
  • ShaggburnShaggburn Posts: 1
    Shaggburn
    S8
    Wifi (sprint) haven't tested data yet

Continues to crash
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    Gino1290
    Samsung galaxy s8
    Android 8.0
    Both wifi and cellular(sprint is my carrier)an l1 a
    V19.1
    Every aspect of the game is affected
    Several issues 1)on the 5th hit of a 5 hit combo my champ freezes for a split second when it unfreezes im already getting hit
    2) i blocked a 5 hit commbo standing toe to toe with my opponent when i went for attack he got off a special attack , i dodged icemans heavy attack and went in for my attack he got off an l1 special!!
    3) on the 3rd hit of MY combo i dashed backwards to the edge of the screen and immediately charged right into my opponents attacks
    4) in longer fights,say a minute or better it seems very shaky it doesnt run smoothly its even actually gone slow motion making me lose
    5) my champs freeze and i cant move while my opponent is charging a heavy attack( this happens ALOT!!!)
    Let me add these issues have been occurring for months and i have submitted tickets just to get blown off ,they said it was device problems!
  • ShogzShogz Posts: 9
    Shogarty
    Samsung s8+ version 19.1 Android vers 8.0.0 game doesn't work,random fight moves when not pressing any buttons
  • Ditalajnen
    Lg g6 / g5
    Both data/wifi
    Getting connection problem time to time but i ve never had 4-5seconds inbetween arena fights?! Which is amazing! If this stays when all problems are fixed ill be amazed :D
    Heating problems still going ok tho, both phones going up to 40-42 c fast.
  • IGN draco7326
    Asus zen pad 8
    Android version 7.0
    Overheated faster then ever before. Had to shut down. It also drains 20% battery in less then 5 mins of being on
This discussion has been closed.