**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Parry pretty much disabled?

2»

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Things like Parry will be fine and then KABAM! They're broken.
  • Hey guys,

Parry should not be reacting the way that some of you are reporting. We haven't changed the timing, and have improved it for a number of Champions. While we are seeing some reports like some of you in here, we're seeing a lot less than we had before. If you're having trouble with Parry, please remember to give us the regular information, like who you're using, what mode you're noticing this in, against who, your device and OS version, etc.

If there is indeed an issue, this will help us track it down.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Hey guys,

Parry should not be reacting the way that some of you are reporting. We haven't changed the timing, and have improved it for a number of Champions. While we are seeing some reports like some of you in here, we're seeing a lot less than we had before. If you're having trouble with Parry, please remember to give us the regular information, like who you're using, what mode you're noticing this in, against who, your device and OS version, etc.

If there is indeed an issue, this will help us track it down.

When the problem occurs...

Short answer: In any mode, while using anyone, against anyone else.

Long answer: No, really. It happens all the time. If you want me to listen an example, Star Lord vs Winter Soldier. I was doing an RoL test run since I'm gonna go for real once I get my SL to r5, and I blocked literally as he was starting his swing. It's impossible to have any better timing. The hit had already begun. I blocked, and no dice. At least the block didn't drop, causing him to land an SP2 and kill me this time.
  • Robin_D_PantezeRobin_D_Panteze Posts: 14
    edited July 2017
    The most glaring issue is after doing a full, 5 hit combo. Often, but not always, the AI retaliates but the animation is such that the AI is already hitting you upon receiving your 5th and final combo hit with no response time.

On average, it works most of the time, at least 50% of the time.. maybe as high as 70%. Sometimes, however, too often, "perfect" Parry timing only is counted as a block and then I receive a 5 hit combo of block damage as a 'reward' for landing a nice combo of my own or as previously mentioned, sometimes the retaliation allows the AI to retaliate where the AI animation appears to miss animation frames and is literally already hitting a player directly after our 5th combo hit is landed.

. I've been playing this game over 3 years and having beaten ROL, Ming Nas, Chloes past Round 6 Spiderman, Road to the Labyrinth and Dave Bautista, and been in Tiers 1-3 AW since it came out. I'm also a de facto leader of a family with around 10 Alliances so trust me.. I know how to Parry in mcoc.

While I'm sure there may be a desire by the Kabam team to make the AI more challenging so as to not be as easy as chaining multiple combos together with a few Parries and that's fine and probably welcomed by some yahoos out there, it is obvious a lot of time has been put into decreasing the AI predictability, possibly at the cost of some sort of unwarranted Parry side effects occurring.

This seems to also occur at times while intercepting an AI 'charge' [swiping medium attack] but usually in this instance it becomes a block and we have to Evade out in order to only take block damage from the initial advance and not any further combo block damage.

Probably, you are seeing Less reports because you guys did a good job on Evade.. nicw work, and people are perhaps trying to give yall a little slack to feel good about Finally getting that situation under control that they are 'enjoying the moment' but the more virtual bodies pile up and units have to be used to buy stupid potions instead of buying advancement packages, the less people desire to spend and desire to play.

I purchased and play on an iPhone 7 Plus, IMO the best possible hardware to use on this game, because the performance on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7 Edge had become so abysmal. So hardware: iPhone 7 Plus

Heros: seemingly any

Modes: any
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    It really is in every mode and every fight on iPhone 6s Plus. All the current iOS and current MCoC. Parries work sometimes but often times it fails and you just block. It doesn't say parry, it acts as if you missed the parry but I used to nail them every single time before 12.0. Now I can't. Like others have said, symbiotes in AQ are the worst example and they inflict major block damage.
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    I definitely feel adjustments after 14.0, i think it will get better when we get adapted to it.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    Seems to me parry isn't really changed, but lag is causing the game flow to be altered. We are used to a certain timing and when this changes, even a tiny amount, the effect is large.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    AQ, War, Quest and arena

timing is way off.... I have been a parry master for over a year I know it is not me. I used more items in the last AQ than in 3 months combined. I have instructed my team not to use items in war.

AQ team guiltine wolverine ultron
    war attack team black widow quake capt marvel

quest team
    capt America wwii
    gwenpool
    thor
    ghost rider
    deadpool x force

Ipad mini

TRUST ME MOD'S it's you not me!!!!!! and no I will not love you tomorrow when the spidey quest starts as the evade bug isn't fixed either
  • All these people can't be coming out of nowhere on this. Playing through the webslinger event and I definitely noticed it. What's weird is its so hit and miss. Sometimes I'll block before the punching animation even starts and get a parry I don't think I really nailed. Sometimes as someone else described I block LITERALLY AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND and get nothing, just more block damage as my hp slowly degens away. At the risk of sounding paranoid, it legitimately seemed to happen more the bigger the difference in PI between my champ and the computer. Encountered on my galaxy s6 and Samsung Tab. Please investigate this happy my evades are back but I use parries even more!