**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unmentioned change to Rage nodes?

Rage nodes in this months UC now have a line in the description “ability accuracy modification doesn’t affect this node”. So, against villains/dimensional beings, Blade no longer bypasses Rage. Is this going to be the standard for this node going forward or is this exclusive to this quest? I don’t ever remember seeing that in any Rage description before. Will it also impact how AA can counter Rage? @Kabam Miike or anyone else

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Not sure.

My usual method of GR MLLLM, heavy, MLLLL->sp1 to have a long fate seal while building towards sp3, repeating as necessary is how i took out the rage path of UC 1.1 just now.

In later maps, when they have more health, ill often just use someone with disadvantage to make hits never hit the trigger amount.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Just use nulftr champ if it is a Big problems
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99
    Rage was like that last month, I believe that’s when it was updated.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Mephisto soul imprisonment doesn’t work against it. I far as I know it’s not reducing abilities just stops buffs. But alas it didn’t work 😂
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @shawnli87 I hadn’t noticed. Sneaky
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Is it the same as the "old" rage in act 5 or has that changed too?
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    I used to apply Mephisto's Soul Imprisonment for this node and the furies wouldn't appear but now they do! This change was never mentioned.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    An alli member noticed it as well when his AA's neuros wouldn't hit over 600 something damage.
    Not the end of the world, but a change that I missed completely in the change notes as well.
    Can't remember if it was like this last month though. Was there even an entire path of Rage then?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,010 ★★★★★
    Rage nodes in this months UC now have a line in the description “ability accuracy modification doesn’t affect this node”. So, against villains/dimensional beings, Blade no longer bypasses Rage. Is this going to be the standard for this node going forward or is this exclusive to this quest? I don’t ever remember seeing that in any Rage description before. Will it also impact how AA can counter Rage? @Kabam Miike or anyone else

I dont think Blade ever effected the nixe. I used my last EQ on rage nodes and got 5 stacks of Fury right away and he never bypassed it. They are probably just clarifying the node more.
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    Doctor Voodoo
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I dont think Blade ever effected the nixe. I used my last EQ on rage nodes and got 5 stacks of Fury right away and he never bypassed it. They are probably just clarifying the node more.

The text of the rage not being effected by AAR was there last month as well.
    Doctor Voodoo

A very good counter yes, not an explanation of an undocumented change to the way a node works though. :wink:

@Demonzfyre I’ve had him bypass Rage quite often when danger sense is up. Granted that’s using a 5/50 blade in UC so maybe my base attack wasn’t high enough to trigger it consistently. But I know AA’s neurotoxins have bypassed it in the past, and they very much didn’t today. 5 stacks of toxin, 3/45 sig 112 AA, and he still triggered rage.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,010 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    @Demonzfyre I’ve had him bypass Rage quite often when danger sense is up. Granted that’s using a 5/50 blade in UC so maybe my base attack wasn’t high enough to trigger it consistently. But I know AA’s neurotoxins have bypassed it in the past, and they very much didn’t today. 5 stacks of toxin, 3/45 sig 112 AA, and he still triggered rage.

That was probaly the reason being a 4*. Mines 5/65 5* and it always activated. Also keep in mind that fury only stacks on hits over x%. So its possible to still do neurotoxin without activating rage. His heavy may not hit hard enough to cause it. Ive used a 3/45 X-23 to bypass rage before and bled out the opponent.
  • Hey All,

Sorry for letting this slip on our Patch Notes. This has always been how Rage was supposed to work, and was always "half immune" to Ability Accuracy reduction. Originally, AAR wouldn't bypass the Damage Cap, but could prevent the Fury node from activating. This was never the intended behaviour, and our intentional way to counter this Node was through the use of Nullify, and not Ability Accuracy reduction.

Once again, we're sorry we let this slip, and I will make sure we add it to our patch notes right away.
    Hey All,

Sorry for letting this slip on our Patch Notes. This has always been how Rage was supposed to work, and was always "half immune" to Ability Accuracy reduction. Originally, AAR wouldn't bypass the Damage Cap, but could prevent the Fury node from activating. This was never the intended behaviour, and our intentional way to counter this Node was through the use of Nullify, and not Ability Accuracy reduction.

Once again, we're sorry we let this slip, and I will make sure we add it to our patch notes right away.

Thanks for that Miike.
    We were oddly confused about it in out wee alliance hahaha. Much appreciated (not overjoyed with it, but yeah.. )
    @Demonzfyre AA had been able to prevent the fury from triggering if RNG let you stack toxins before the count got to 5, but it wasn’t a perfect solution. That being said, I have plenty of nullifiers in my stable and don’t have a problem getting past Rage. Just wanted some clarity on what the change was about and if it was permanent. And now we have it.