**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A way to better the relation between players and Kabam

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
It is a public secret that the relation between players and Kabam are not well. Every gaming company knows commercial succes is based on word of mouth. Kabam has done a lot to increase customer satisfaction. There is more transparency, more player-mod interaction and more communication. But can Kabam do more?

From my experience with another gaming company who experienced the same problems, I could witness some good practises regarding player-mod communication I wish to share.
  • Hold regular Q&A's. Players have questions, I see them all the time in this forum category and others. It is very frustrating for players to not get an answer and very time-consuming for mods to repeat (often the same) answers. So I suggest to A. hold regular Q&A sessions, B. make a forum archive with all those Q&A sessions and C. make a sticky in General Discussion with FAQ. Q&A sessions in the other gaming company were done by top content makers and yearly, the CEO himself. Players would be able to post questions in the forums and the mods would answer them. It cut down the clutter in the forums and this type of engagement with the player base was universally well-liked.
  • Focus on quick-fixes. To the astonishment of that other gaming company, quick-fixes were very popular, often more popular than big updates. The game is often riddled with small nuisances which can be quickly fixed. In MCOC, this could be stat-changes, small boosts to ability performance or small reworks of old champions. These are often fixes that take little time and money but increase customer satisfaction a lot. Everyone wins! Make the patch notes as important as any other big update and establish an archive for players to consult.
  • More player input. Currently, there is a beta programme but this is only accessible for top players. While this is better than nothing, it risks alienating players who are maybe not as famous but have equally good ideas, or content that is custom-made for these top players while not taking medium to low players into account. I suggest to make a sticky where regular players can suggest their own quick fixes. Credit changes to the game that are made thanks to player suggestions. If you give players a feeling their suggestions can become reality, it will encourage dedication to players to really try to make this game better. This will spark creativity and perhaps, inspires Kabam of that one big score.

Discuss.

Comments

• Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Excellent post, but I’m afraid it’s going to fall on deaf ears many others have had similar suggestions in the past.

The game we have is the game Kabam wants us to have. Just try to have fun with what they put out.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Mod permission for editing isn't necessarily bad, just as long as it is done to keep posts within the boundaries of the forum rules (like swearing and stuff) and not to erase anything which could be an issue that they want to hide.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Excellent post, but I’m afraid it’s going to fall on deaf ears many others have had similar suggestions in the past.

The game we have is the game Kabam wants us to have. Just try to have fun with what they put out.
    One can try, not?
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Mod permission for editing isn't necessarily bad, just as long as it is done to keep posts within the boundaries of the forum rules (like swearing and stuff) and not to erase anything which could be an issue that they want to hide.
    Kabam does not have the manpower do edit posts within 24h (I know, I waited three days for a post to get edited). Just remove that so mods can do other things. If it is offensive, you report it, simple as that.
    The mods do a good, they dont intentionally mislead with the information they share with the community, they are just passing on what they are told and sometimes it turns out to be incorrect or misleading but its not their fault, they are just the community face which gets them a bad rap for doing their job and taking agro for decisions they had no control over
    Yeah, that's why I think the suggestion of @Captain_Amazing is correct: more dev mods so we get first-hand information.
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Coming in before this thread gets deleted, and before the OP get banned.
    So much for player-mod relationship :)

Thanks @Colonaut123 for speaking the truths, and for stepping up, only if the "deaf ears" would bother to listen
    I think this thread is mod approved (edited + merged). So no worries, I'm still here!

I think the mods are not evil, if you're constructive they're quite tolerant.
    I would like to see a Kabam live stream on YouTube where they have people, that actually know wtf is going on, come on and talk to the community and answer questions. I would absolutely love to be afforded the opportunity talk to some of the developers and get some real info on what is going on with the state of the game and bug updates. This could also help kabam get some ideas for future content from the huge community for MCOC. This could be a monthly thing at a minimum but the more often the better. It would also help Kabams current dumpster fire of a relationship with the community if they had this kind of transparency.
    That's something the other gaming company does to. Yeah, definitely add that to the list. It is always nice to know the people behind the game.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Awesome post, I 100% agree. But since it's a good idea, there's practically no chance on a Kabam Moderator actually commenting on this or acknowledging it in the slightest
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I would like to see a Kabam live stream on YouTube where they have people, that actually know wtf is going on, come on and talk to the community and answer questions. I would absolutely love to be afforded the opportunity talk to some of the developers and get some real info on what is going on with the state of the game and bug updates. This could also help kabam get some ideas for future content from the huge community for MCOC. This could be a monthly thing at a minimum but the more often the better. It would also help Kabams current dumpster fire of a relationship with the community if they had this kind of transparency.

This has been suggested on the old forum to and I'm always hoping they'll go for it. I stopped holding my breath, but I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Ad0ra got that right hook.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    It is a public secret that the relation between players and Kabam are not well. Every gaming company knows commercial succes is based on word of mouth. Kabam has done a lot to increase customer satisfaction. There is more transparency, more player-mod interaction and more communication. But can Kabam do more?

From my experience with another gaming company who experienced the same problems, I could witness some good practises regarding player-mod communication I wish to share.
    • Hold regular Q&A's. Players have questions, I see them all the time in this forum category and others. It is very frustrating for players to not get an answer and very time-consuming for mods to repeat (often the same) answers. So I suggest to A. hold regular Q&A sessions, B. make a forum archive with all those Q&A sessions and C. make a sticky in General Discussion with FAQ. Q&A sessions in the other gaming company were done by top content makers and yearly, the CEO himself. Players would be able to post questions in the forums and the mods would answer them. It cut down the clutter in the forums and this type of engagement with the player base was universally well-liked.
    • Focus on quick-fixes. To the astonishment of that other gaming company, quick-fixes were very popular, often more popular than big updates. The game is often riddled with small nuisances which can be quickly fixed. In MCOC, this could be stat-changes, small boosts to ability performance or small reworks of old champions. These are often fixes that take little time and money but increase customer satisfaction a lot. Everyone wins! Make the patch notes as important as any other big update and establish an archive for players to consult.
    • More player input. Currently, there is a beta programme but this is only accessible for top players. While this is better than nothing, it risks alienating players who are maybe not as famous but have equally good ideas, or content that is custom-made for these top players while not taking medium to low players into account. I suggest to make a sticky where regular players can suggest their own quick fixes. Credit changes to the game that are made thanks to player suggestions. If you give players a feeling their suggestions can become reality, it will encourage dedication to players to really try to make this game better. This will spark creativity and perhaps, inspires Kabam of that one big score.

Discuss.

Only thing that isnt on target with this post is the comment about the beta program. Its not for the top players at all. Both times they've done it, they picked people at random. Ive got about 5 people in my alliance that were picked for the MD/Dex testing. We arent top players by any means at all.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Discuss.

Only thing that isnt on target with this post is the comment about the beta program. Its not for the top players at all. Both times they've done it, they picked people at random. Ive got about 5 people in my alliance that were picked for the MD/Dex testing. We arent top players by any means at all.

Not really at random. You had to have both RH and Luke Cage as a 4* when those where changed and you had to have MD and Dex unlocked (and I assume have points in them, but not 100% on that).

Being a top player had nothing to do with it, so you're completely right about that. I was about to explain that to OP myself.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Discuss.

Not really at random. You had to have both RH and Luke Cage as a 4* when those where changed and you had to have MD and Dex unlocked (and I assume have points in them, but not 100% on that).

Being a top player had nothing to do with it, so you're completely right about that. I was about to explain that to OP myself.

Thats what I meant. Random players that met the criteria. I probably could have been a little bit more specific.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Discuss.

You didn't have to have them unlocked. The Beta Environment unlocked them for you.

Discuss.

You didn't have to have them unlocked. The Beta Environment unlocked them for you.

I'm pretty sure only people using them already where invited. I'm going to check.

Discuss.

I'm pretty sure only people using them already where invited. I'm going to check.

I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    On Tuesday June 5th at 11 am PDT, a select group of Summoners that use these two Masteries will receive in-game invitations to take part in the Beta Test. If your receive a Beta Invite, you will have until Thursday June 7th at 11 am PDT to opt in to the Beta Test.

From the official announcment..
    edited June 2018

Yes. I misunderstood. I thought you meant you had to have both. My mistake. Apparently you had to have at least one. I was in it, and I don't use both.

Discuss.

I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case.

The announcement says I'm right:
    On Tuesday June 5th at 11 am PDT, a select group of Summoners that use these two Masteries will receive in-game invitations to take part in the Beta Test. If your receive a Beta Invite, you will have until Thursday June 7th at 11 am PDT to opt in to the Beta Test.

However, you might be right anyway. But then Kabam their announcement is wrong. I don't care either way, it won't change the fact that I don't use MD and was (rightfully, imo) not invited to beta test. I just hope the change will make war more enjoyable.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    Anyone else keep checking this post cause they’re waiting to see what Ad0ra has to say
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »
    Anyone else keep checking this post cause they’re waiting to see what Ad0ra has to say

Definitely. When I started visiting the forum she was pretty much the only one here. I remember how she introduced Miike and how those two referenced each other a lot while she slowely disappeared. I also remember how people disliked Miike a bit simply because he wasn't Ad0ra. I know he has made some comments since that have turned into a joke (like super effective Cyclops) but I still wonder if people would like him more if he'd been less of a replacement.

Either way, posts from Ad0ra make me nostalgic. I love reading them, almost no matter what they say. I also love that we got an update on what she's doing XD
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »

Lol, exactly why I'm here now.