**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What do yall feel about a 1-2 month reprieve from event quests?

Heres my reasoning behind this:
1. It will allow a lot of us summoners to get further in actual story quests. It is very difficult for a lot of us to complete master and uncollected event quests ( not even going to mention those like myself who complete heroic as well ) to advance in story quests
2. And this is the important one, it will allow Kabam to get all their ducks in a row and actually fix some of the more pressing issues with the game, such as lag, performance issues, bugs with some champions, rework other masteries like Salve and the 5 other class related masteries (not MD) that have been overshadowed by MD and dexterity as of late, and any other issues I cant think of off the top of my head.

Comment what you think about my proposal, I think this could actually help both summoners and the game team

Comments

• Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    OP I get where you’re coming from. I’ve been playing this game more than 3 years now.

Things I should be doing in game:

Finally 100% act 4

Things I’m actually doing:

Anything but act 4.

I became uncollected before finishing Act 4. I’ve been wasting time in EQ and Danger Rooms. Heck last night I was goofing around in RoL, something I’ve never really had any desire to do (I didn’t finish, backed out and went to bed instead lol).

The only other thing I’m avoiding like the plague is Dungeons.

So no distractions would force me to finally finish act 4. However since not everyone plays at my pace I don’t think I can ask them to stop having things to play so that I can catch up.

Besides Kabam puts all this in the game to sell energy refills. Doubt they want to do anything to cut their profits there.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Worknprogress they may not be the same departments, but it would allow them time to actually fix the game with less of the game operating. Kabam has been focusing on quantity over quality for a long time now, all im saying is that they need time to catch up their and fix their issues. The game was already barely holding up with just EQ, AQ, and AW, now they have thrown dungeons back into the mix and it has made performance ALOT worse, for almost everyone I might add
    @Demonzfyre a lot of us common folk still have a long way to go. I dont know if you spend money on this game, but alot of us dont have the option to pour money into this game to get ahead in both EQ and story by buying energy refills and spending extra time than we have sitting up all night moving. You can say what you want, but the way I see it, a temporary reprieve from EQ could give Kabam enough time to get their stuff together without always having to patch new glitches that come from new champs being released each month and it would also give us common folk a chance to advance in story quests. Like I said, my main reason for wanting EQ disbanded temporarily is so that performance issues can be fixed
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I like event quests.
    @Colinwhitworth69 as do I. I always complete heroic, master, and uncollected. However, I do believe that it will be better in the long run to get these problems fixed sooner rather than letting them pile up larger and larger
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    I only just finished 4.3 and I would hate this. I need breaks from the story quests and these days I spend most of my energy on the event quests, aside from the occasional daily quests I need to do.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Sure, but release all of Act 6.
    fair enough @Duke_Silver
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's entirely possible. All you have to do is not do it. Trust me. Learned that lesson myself.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Not having EQ won't do a thing to affect performance. It will only give those of us without much to do already, even less to do.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I don't know how many people have to say it, but if you want to concentrate on story. Then just do that. Skip a few EQs while those of us that are already done with all the content continue to run them
  • Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    If they give me the rewards for free ;) farm units and use them on energy refills, you can finish in about 2 weeks with heroic master and uc and have plenty of time for story quests
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    EQ is necessary to keep player engagement at a reasonably high level. For many players who have finished all story modes, there's a significant drop-off in the second half of the month once Heroic, Master and UC are done. Some players spend that time doing arena, while others just focus on AQ/AW and any recurring quests they need to run. If there were no EQ, I can imagine many veteran players would have very low engagement over the entirety of the month, which is not something Kabam wants.

While I understand the situation, there's really ample time to devote the first half of the month to EQ and the second half to story mode if you aren't done with it. Alternatively, take a break from Master/Heroic and focus on story if that's what it takes.

Dr. Zola
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    1. It will allow a lot of us summoners to get further in actual story quests. It is very difficult for a lot of us to complete master and uncollected event quests ( not even going to mention those like myself who complete heroic as well ) to advance in story quests
    2. And this is the important one, it will allow Kabam to get all their ducks in a row and actually fix some of the more pressing issues with the game, such as lag, performance issues, bugs with some champions, rework other masteries like Salve and the 5 other class related masteries (not MD) that have been overshadowed by MD and dexterity as of late, and any other issues I cant think of off the top of my head.

Comment what you think about my proposal, I think this could actually help both summoners and the game team

1. It wouldn't "allow" anything that it doesn't already allow.
    2. You don't really understand who fixes bugs at a game company, do you?
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    2. You don't really understand who fixes bugs at a game company, do you?

Ohhh let me guess. No one
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    OP I get where you’re coming from. I’ve been playing this game more than 3 years now.

Things I should be doing in game:

Finally 100% act 4

Things I’m actually doing:

Anything but act 4.

I became uncollected before finishing Act 4. I’ve been wasting time in EQ and Danger Rooms. Heck last night I was goofing around in RoL, something I’ve never really had any desire to do (I didn’t finish, backed out and went to bed instead lol).

The only other thing I’m avoiding like the plague is Dungeons.

So no distractions would force me to finally finish act 4. However since not everyone plays at my pace I don’t think I can ask them to stop having things to play so that I can catch up.

Besides Kabam puts all this in the game to sell energy refills. Doubt they want to do anything to cut their profits there.

how is that possible
    @Demonzfyre @Worknprogress How many times do I have to say it lol. I mainly want it temporarily disbanded in order to fix bugs and performance issues. It will allow some issues to be resolve by allowing a major component of the game to not be active, which will allow the repair of the game to not be as complicated (or atleast I think it will). If not that, what else can they do? Kabam is pushing the game past its limits and that is why there are so many issues with it right now. And despite all the money they make from in-game deals, they either don't know how to fix the issues or they don't want to. So I ask you both, what else can they do to fix performance issues?
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    @Demonzfyre @Worknprogress How many times do I have to say it lol. I mainly want it temporarily disbanded in order to fix bugs and performance issues. It will allow some issues to be resolve by allowing a major component of the game to not be active, which will allow the repair of the game to not be as complicated (or atleast I think it will). If not that, what else can they do? Kabam is pushing the game past its limits and that is why there are so many issues with it right now. And despite all the money they make from in-game deals, they either don't know how to fix the issues or they don't want to. So I ask you both, what else can they do to fix performance issues?

Sorry, it would have zero effect on performance issues and bugs. The only thing it would do is leave the people who produce the new content with nothing to do.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I'm down for this provided that they give everyone who has completed all story questions all rewards that would have been earned for monthly EQ. And, for clarity, those who haven't don't get those rewards. Otherwise, you are just asking to let people catch up to those who have already completed everything. This game is all about progression and all this would accomplish is to stifle progression by end game players.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    Many have been done with Heroic, Master and UC for a week already without having to spend for energy refills. That gives two weeks to work on story quests.

As many have said there is not a correlation between doing efforts on monthly quests and team that works on issues.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    oe531hu6dtt0.jpeg
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    OP is assuming that the same devs that make the event quests also do the bug fixing (which I doubt is the case).

If one "wants a reprieve from EQ"... then don't do EQ.
    @Voluntaris fair enough. what else could be temporarily disbanded? Dungeons?
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

I am totally agree with you they should focus on lags and gameplay issue
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

What you dont understand is that they can work on performance issues whike the game runs. Disabling modes wont effect it at all.
This discussion has been closed.