**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Feedback on 3rd Iteration of Dungeons with More Milestones

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Seeing as Kabam was trying out something new, I thought I would create a thread where we could share our feedback on the new milestone format. I am a level 60 player, and I play only D7 (ideally all points in one run, but occasionally I have to do random teammates and that never turns out very good).

In my experience, when playing D7, there really is no need for all of the additional milestone. It makes absolutely no difference to have twice as many milestones for those playing D7 as you get most of your points in 3k increments. In the end the only really difference is that I have twice as many rewards I need to claim after I finish the dungeons. This isn't really a problem, but it just seems unnecessary and overly cluttered.

So here are my suggestions going forward. Keep the 3 day dungeon time limit. It is much more fun and less stressful to be able to decide which day works best for your dungeon runs. It also helps with the grindy feel of dungeons as I spend much less time running them when I can do 3 days of dungeons in one sitting rather than having to run them every day. In addition, splitting the milestones even further is more and more pointless the higher you are in the prestige cutoff and is no help at all if you are in the top prestige bracket. I think it would be much more useful if depending on which bracket of prestige you fall into, your milestones may be grouped together or more spread out. The issue is, the higher your bracket, the rooms you play will be more difficult, rewarding more points, which in turn makes the spread out milestones more useless. Again, its not like some big problem in the game, it just feels completely unnecessary in the higher brackets.

The only other suggestion that I have, and this is for dungeons in general, is to have some way making them unique every time they come around. I don't know exactly how this could be fleshed out, but below are a few rough ideas of what I am thinking.

1: Have a global boost active that will give a buff to the attacker, and possibly add another node to the defender to balance out.

2: Allow defenders to be any class, but the attackers must still be from the required two classes. Compensate the increased difficulty with a global node, or maybe some dungeon specific boosts (kind of like enhancements).

3: For one iteration, add a shortcut straight to the boss, so players have the option to attempt a boss kill with the degen on if they so choose.

Whether these are good ideas or not, the point is to make dungeons different every time they resurface in the contest so that they will keep the interest of players. That's all of my comments for now, if anyone else has any feedback on this 3rd iteration of dungeons, please share.

Comments

• Very interesting ideas... I'm passing this thread to our Dungeon Designers for their thoughts.

As for the Milestones point, you are right that it really wouldn't make a difference to Summoners that are running D7, but it was designed with all of our player levels in mind, but I get what you're saying with changing them up for higher prestige brackets.

Thank you for all of the feedback, and for the ideas! Love to hear what others think as well!
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    @Werewrym I actually preferred this way with milestones. I only just have a high enough prestige for the 5* crystal and when there were less milestones I used to give up after I reached the halfway mark. The gap just seemed to big. Maybe its more psychological now as there are only 700/800 points between milestones.

The top players only need to use three champs to get all the milestone so maybe D7 could be expanded to include more enemies. It would be set up in sections with 2 enemies, a mini boss and boss. Each time you beat a boss you can decide to continue on to next section or quit. The map would be set up like LoL where the camera is fixed so you cant see enemies in next section until you get to the boss. So instead of concluding a room and then going into room 2 or 3, they would all be in the same Dungeon.

Another thing that annoys me about Dungeons is that Kabam keep wanting the players to use different champions for events but when it comes to Dungeons, it always seems to be the same enemies in each room. Few days ago we got King Groot as mini boss three rooms in a row.

What I would do is after you beat a room, the enemies that you defeated cant appear in the next room or any room after that until you conclude the event. This would mean every champ from each class would be used and it would be more varied.

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym I actually preferred this way with milestones. I only just have a high enough prestige for the 5* crystal and when there were less milestones I used to give up after I reached the halfway mark. The gap just seemed to big. Maybe its more psychological now as there are only 700/800 points between milestones.

The top players only need to use three champs to get all the milestone so maybe D7 could be expanded to include more enemies. It would be set up in sections with 2 enemies, a mini boss and boss. Each time you beat a boss you can decide to continue on to next section or quit. The map would be set up like LoL where the camera is fixed so you cant see enemies in next section until you get to the boss. So instead of concluding a room and then going into room 2 or 3, they would all be in the same Dungeon.

Another thing that annoys me about Dungeons is that Kabam keep wanting the players to use different champions for events but when it comes to Dungeons, it always seems to be the same enemies in each room. Few days ago we got King Groot as mini boss three rooms in a row.

What I would do is after you beat a room, the enemies that you defeated cant appear in the next room or any room after that until you conclude the event. This would mean every champ from each class would be used and it would be more varied.

Those are fair points, what rooms do you run? Maybe another bracket for players over 6k prestige or something could be created.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't a "Claim All Milestones" button solve the issue? LoL
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I preferred the 2nd iteration because rewards were better and more reachable.
    But If I had to change anything it would have to be the matchmaking, maybe match with players in your own prestige bracket and remove the quit button as it's being misused

I went in D5, did my nodes, cleared the boss and then the match waited until the last 10 Seconds and quit, costing me all points
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Dungeons is over on the 5th anyone know when it returns? I'm short 790 artifacts for a 5* this hurts 😕
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    There needs to be some sort of solo event or rank reward to go along with them to give people a reason to do them. The potential 5* you can get in 4-6 months is not worth it to most people. If there was a solo event where you could earn real rewards for doing them everyday people would actually do them.

I like the 3 day event for two weeks, but there should be enough shards to open a 5* every time. Making people have to do them over multiple months is just a slog and like not having any rewards to many people.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    There needs to be some sort of solo event or rank reward to go along with them to give people a reason to do them. The potential 5* you can get in 4-6 months is not worth it to most people. If there was a solo event where you could earn real rewards for doing them everyday people would actually do them.

I like the 3 day event for two weeks, but there should be enough shards to open a 5* every time. Making people have to do them over multiple months is just a slog and like not having any rewards to many people.

I think this is a great idea! You could generate individual interest by having solo events and even alliance interest by having an event that runs the full length of the dungeons.
    Werewrym wrote: »

Those are fair points, what rooms do you run? Maybe another bracket for players over 6k prestige or something could be created.

@Werewrym Well I initially ran two rooms of D7 and one of D6. Lately i just ran D5. Got enough to open 5*, superior iron man. probably not doing them again unless bored.
    @RagamugginGunner @Werewrym https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98806/dungeons-rewards-change#latest

I proposed this change to the rewards of Dungeons. This was under the old milestones system.
  • Due to the 3rd series having many milestones i opted to not play bc it takes to long and when things take long for me i end up getting bad pulls so in a way i dodged a bullet lol
  • Why can dungeons not end on the 12th like everything else associated the with dungeons.
    Many of us are short these artifacts to qualify for a 2nd 5*.
    Ending everything associated with dungeons on the 12th, will allow most of us that haven't missed any of the obtainable artifacts for this event to obtain a second 5*.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Due to the 3rd series having many milestones i opted to not play bc it takes to long and when things take long for me i end up getting bad pulls so in a way i dodged a bullet lol

LOL

In other words, 'When I use my wallet, I get more rewards and they seem to be better.'
  • Bro # now way dud nice job 😂😂😅