**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are people taking advantage of today's loss

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Obviously, it's a very sad time for anyone in the Marvel community, lots of great posts and tributes floating around all forums and community discussion but one thing that's been bothering me more and more is seeing people intentional or not in a way trying to capitalize (may be too harsh of a word) on his death. I have seen more posts than I would've liked asking for crystals, champions, quests and by no means am I saying all or even most are being done in bad faith but the way some people are going so far as demanding tribute immediately from kabam or outlining rewards for tribute events to me is quite disrespectful.

What I keep seeing with many of the tribute posts is the sentiment of give us, give me, give the community when we should be paying respect in our thoughts, actions and our own tributes instead of expecting any material gain from kabam even if it's being asked in good faith. Of course, it would be nice to see acknowledgement for such an impactful creator but, I think a well-worded letter from the devs to the community would at the moment be the most respectful way to pay tribute to the man. I'm not against the idea of any memorial quests or titles but I think we as a community should give time to properly acknowledge his passing not just out of respect but to give kabam time to design or handle any tribute the best they can.

I don't mean any disrespect to people who have asked for such things, it's more people specifically outlining rewards and such that kind of pushed me to make this post

Idk, maybe I'm just reading too far into some things but that's my two cents just wondering how the rest of the community feels on this topic

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I've felt the same way, but stayed quiet out of respect. I think some of it is disingenuous. Not everyone, of course. Some just genuinely want something to commemorate him. However, it's pretty sad that the first thing some think of is what they can get. I think it's a hard time for everyone. We all love Marvel. We love the characters, the Comics, the Movies, the history. We're all pretty much saddened by the loss. It's just no bueno. I didn't really say much because I didn't want to be judgmental or disrespectful myself. I think a little more tact could go a long way. Of course, it's Human Nature. People think of themselves. It's a shame that many families go through the same thing when someone passes. So much thought on who gets what. Sad.
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Well keeping in mind that without Stan Lee the game and the MCU would have never existed, we should show him our respect and not ask the game for any rewards/new features. I had not expected this from the forum users. Either we should completely stop these threads or just continue to pay him our respects by one merged thread.

My only wish is that the game should keep him alive in everyone's heart and continue it's normal business.

#EXCELSIOR
    #MarvelCreatorOfContest
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I was very sorry to hear he'd died; which I found out here on the forums. I agree we shouldn't have something or anything for it.

Lets just remember Stan, and the champions he gave us (the masks, and the fictional characters behind them).

There's no call to 'do' anything: commemorating a death is generally a situation in which words mean more than actions.

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I don’t want a reward of any kind but it would be nice to have an avatar or something just to show Stan Lee. Maybe a black banner would be better.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    IMO it would be a sign of respect and celebrating / remembering his life to have the ability to display a profile pic of Stan Lee in game. or have a useless trophy champ just to have Stan Lee with us.
    Asking for kabam to gift us free stuff is just silly and peeps being greedy.
    but asking for a way to commemorate him in game is just logical and make sense.
    I have no doubt they will do something special. It is just a matter of what and when.
    it is only the right thing to do.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    I don't need any reward or anything , I just want something for memorial, maybe a loading screen, excelsior title,maybe a stan lee profile picture or a mcu event that our characters talks about him , this is the worst day for marvel community, rest in power Stan the Man!
    Excelsior!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think you have to be a bit careful when you assume people just want free stuff... When I see people asking for quests or special events I completely understand what you are saying. However, the people asking for a title in game that says "True Believer" or "Excelcior" I don't think there is a big problem with that. A title would not really be "free stuff" as it doesn't get you anything in the game. A lot of people legitimately want to honor Stan Lee by changing their title or profile picture and I don't see that as a big problem compared to those wanting a special event with free rewards.
    I can join this :)
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    A title or a profile pic would be the best, and easiest, things to do.

Although, putting Stan on The Collector's throne on the Galactorium stage would also be sweet.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    It’s sickening that people are saying “we should get some rewards cause Stan Lee just passed” like are you serious?
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    An excelsior title would be nifty. I dont really care, I'm still deeply upset to lose one of my heroes. I checked my phone and started sobbing. My girlfriend came up and hugged me, she thought I'd gotten a phone call about a relative that passed away.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I'm sure there will be a 2* champ in our inbox in honor of Stan Lee any day now....you know, something to help us excel in the contest
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    spkhd7b9rn58.jpg
  • Still waiting for the post asking for RDT’s because of his passing.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Some thoughts on the many suggestions in regards to this:

1. 100% agree with all that has been written above in regards to players asking to get crystals, RDTs,...etc. due to his passing...that is just greedy and disrespectful.
    2. For those that have suggested making Stan Lee a character in the game, or putting him in the background on the Collector's throne, or adding him as a profile pic....all cool ideas. But it should be noted that Marvel does not own Stan Lee's likeness, they cannot just add him to stuff like that without permission from his estate.
    3. To those that suggested the game, or parts of the game should shut down for a day to honor him...I have never seen anything in any interview with Stan Lee that would suggest he would want anything but for people to enjoy what he has created. This would be like if a famous singer died and people suggesting we should stop listening to their music to honor them.
    4. An "In Memorium" loading screen would likely be ok with his estate...but would likely take time. I am guessing it would involve a software update..which would involve getting the update approved through the Google/Apple stores.
    5. I am still really bummed that we lost him.
    Hey y'all --

We understand your concern with some of the things being asked, but please keep in mind that some grieve differently. A lot of those who are asking for something aren't doing so maliciously but out of respect and in memoriam to someone we all very much looked up to. This is a sad time for many people and we have been doing our best to monitor all that is being said by everyone. Thus far we've mostly seen requests for titles, profile pics, or something to honor his memory in general.

That said, rather than turning this post into a form of being upset with others it might do better to ask rather what you would do to honor his memory. I'm by no means trying to derail your thoughts, we appreciate you sharing them-- we just want to keep this moment of loss open for everyone to share their thoughts. Regardless-- thank you, OP, for taking a moment to share your concerns.

Will we get a chance to show our respect to him with a title or something ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    How about a Video on YouTube from the Staff sharing how they came to love Marvel? Perhaps a few words thanking him. It's just what comes to mind off the top of my head. I don't care too much about in-game memoriam.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    You should have a crystal with all champs he was responsible for creating and donate all proceeds to one of his philanthropic endeavors.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    If you guys ever decide to run some sort of event please do so on the year anniversary of his death. Let time pass please, otherwise all I'd love is a title or a profile picture.
  • I mean if it's a title then it would have to be Excelsior...
    That said I don't think anything is necessarily needed but anything done would be well received.
  • jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    I posted a separate thread, not knowing that this one already existed, that discussed something very similar. My suggestion was to have a profile picture option to commemorate Stan Lee. I would definitely change mine to honor his memory. It would also be fun to have him be a playable character.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    You should have a crystal with all champs he was responsible for creating and donate all proceeds to one of his philanthropic endeavors.

I think that’s a great idea do like a 5 euro deal or something like that