**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons: Friendship Progression, Increased Rewards, New Dungeons Crystals - Discussion Thread

Hey Summoners!

We've just dropped some new information on the return of Dungeons and the new features coming along with them! Check out the post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/107434/dungeons-return-november-19-new-friendship-progression-system

Afterwards, ask your questions and discuss these new improvements in this thread!

Comments

• The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    So with the new tier system, If you have say 15 champions, but one of them is duped, then will you be out of luck?
    Jaded wrote: »
    Again, too much work for 1 5* crystal just to pull a arena champ.

5* artifact crystals should be lower in cost. And should be earned 1 every two weeks. Waiting 3 months for 1 is redundant.

Half agree half not, they should be easier to get but one every 2 weeks is a little much
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So... long story short. How long does it take for a 5* now. Same schedule?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

It's the same
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Can we see a breakdown of the Friendship and Matchmaking rewards, and are they exactly the same?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »

It's the same

Well that’s a bummer. Although I did notice newer champs added which is nice, including a recently offered 5* Electro.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    In the War Crystal is that Netflix Daredevil or OG Daredevil ?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I'd like to see the 1 crystal limit removed. Dungeon artifacts are permanent and we ought to be able to save them up for multiple chances at the champ we want. Odds of getting a trash champ are much higher than getting the champ you want. Open one crystal and miss...then wait a long time for a new batch of crystals in which you will probably open one and miss. I actually like the dungeons but I find this aspect to be very annoying.

Fully agree.

I mentioned getting 1 every two weeks. Maybe instead just lower the amount needed for the crystals to 20k artifacts. It would help when we pop these open for massive disappointment.
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    I agree with you, they shard count for a 5* is way too high and it should be lowered just to give players the opportunity to actually be able to open a 5* within the timeframe of the crystal length (3 months)
  • Guillaum3lacotteGuillaum3lacotte Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    Hello, did matchmaking search players with a level around our level and skill? Because if we only have 1 matchmaking per dungeon event and the player founded is a player who just run without read or communicate or even if the player leave the dungeon.... it can be bad... i often get some bad experiences like this on the previous dungeons and i think im not the one.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Can we see a breakdown of the Friendship and Matchmaking rewards, and are they exactly the same?

The minute the post came out I skimmed the entire thing for this info. This would be nice
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I can get excited for this! Loving the additional rewards, really gives dungeons that added touch they so desperately needed.
  • NoobstraNoobstra Posts: 8
    Noobstra wrote: »
    At this point to grind it out for that long to get a small chance at 1 shot of maybe a small chance at champs that are actually worthwhile 1 to 2 out of each batch...well it's just not a great use of time. And really this shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to do. I agree with a post above.

At this point in the grind of the game for 5 stars, we really should be snagging a new champ every week. They should cost 2k shards not 10...there are so many BAD champs that really provide no value outside of arena for fodder.

There's currently an economy problem and a champ value(design) problem the game has. At the end of the day, what the community wants and needs it the ability to get better champs that are useful for a breadth of content. The economy is so bloated that the grind to get a champ takes too long only to get a very poor valued champ that you then have no reason to level up. If the odds of getting a poor champ are so high, then the ability to get those champs needs to come quicker.

At this point the fact that myself personally, I haven't gotten a decent champ since early July, makes the grind just pointless and tiresome. Dungeons had an inkling of being able to maybe get a good to great champ but now that seems watered down as well. It's one of the reasons I've been contemplating just throwing in the towel after dedicating so long to this game...the reward has not been worth the investment.

I hope in all sincerity that this is taken as constructive criticism. I've historically enjoyed the game, but lately it's become incredibly stale and so much content relies on X, Y or Z champ to do something and when you don't have it, it's not enjoyable. So the frustration is to get that specific champ.

I hope that I won't get censored for my feelings and opinions, thanks!

Yes, agreed. So much of our time is spending hours doing event quests and war to get shards just to end up with a champ who cannot contribute at all to content clearing (you’re not using Colossus and Magneto to clear Ultron’s Assault). Just once it would be nice for a change to not be royally screwed by RNG and I think dungeons is the perfect setting for that. If we are going to devote so much time with these dungeons and they want to keep it to where we get one every 4 or so weeks, at least take out the trash champs. Give us one 5* a month or every other month we can look forward to getting. And not even talking about they all have to be SL, Corvus, AA level champs, but something useable for something other than arena fodder. Champs like Yondu, Nebula, GG, Rogue, Hawkeye, while older champs that aren’t god tier like Corvus are certainly amazing champs in the right situations. Please take out the Rhinos and the Iron Fists and replace them with Yondus and Hawkeyes. Please.

It's great to hear other people feel the same way! I love the suggestions about putting in champs that may not be god tier but at least useful.
  • Megavok wrote: »

Hey there, the one in the War Crystal would be the former. The latter is listed as Daredevil (Classic) within the game, so we'll make sure to list him as that here on the forums when he shows up as well.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, i feel like the 5star dungeon crystals got worse. Each one has approximately 2 or 3 champions everyone wants, while the rest of them are mostly useless. Such a joke...
  • The_Boss9 wrote: »
    So with the new tier system, If you have say 15 champions, but one of them is duped, then will you be out of luck?

Hey there, the qualifications for each tier are based on the number of different Champions you have at that particular rarity.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    The idea of working so hard for a random champion I don't need is really poor game design... Wasn't the point of this game mode to improve your roster ?
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    That’s absolutely right, at least i could have r5 all my 4* with those t4cc but t4bc is much more useful than t4cc
    Jestress wrote: »
    You guys keep adding class catalyst fragments to everything. Do you have any idea what the inventory of a long-term player looks like? I have over 1,500 T4CC fragment crystals that I will probably never open.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Noobstra wrote: »
    At this point to grind it out for that long to get a small chance at 1 shot of maybe a small chance at champs that are actually worthwhile 1 to 2 out of each batch...well it's just not a great use of time. And really this shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to do. I agree with a post above.

At this point in the grind of the game for 5 stars, we really should be snagging a new champ every week. They should cost 2k shards not 10...there are so many BAD champs that really provide no value outside of arena for fodder.

There's currently an economy problem and a champ value(design) problem the game has. At the end of the day, what the community wants and needs it the ability to get better champs that are useful for a breadth of content. The economy is so bloated that the grind to get a champ takes too long only to get a very poor valued champ that you then have no reason to level up. If the odds of getting a poor champ are so high, then the ability to get those champs needs to come quicker.

At this point the fact that myself personally, I haven't gotten a decent champ since early July, makes the grind just pointless and tiresome. Dungeons had an inkling of being able to maybe get a good to great champ but now that seems watered down as well. It's one of the reasons I've been contemplating just throwing in the towel after dedicating so long to this game...the reward has not been worth the investment.

I hope in all sincerity that this is taken as constructive criticism. I've historically enjoyed the game, but lately it's become incredibly stale and so much content relies on X, Y or Z champ to do something and when you don't have it, it's not enjoyable. So the frustration is to get that specific champ.

I hope that I won't get censored for my feelings and opinions, thanks!

Yes, agreed. So much of our time is spending hours doing event quests and war to get shards just to end up with a champ who cannot contribute at all to content clearing (you’re not using Colossus and Magneto to clear Ultron’s Assault). Just once it would be nice for a change to not be royally screwed by RNG and I think dungeons is the perfect setting for that. If we are going to devote so much time with these dungeons and they want to keep it to where we get one every 4 or so weeks, at least take out the trash champs. Give us one 5* a month or every other month we can look forward to getting. And not even talking about they all have to be SL, Corvus, AA level champs, but something useable for something other than arena fodder. Champs like Yondu, Nebula, GG, Rogue, Hawkeye, while older champs that aren’t god tier like Corvus are certainly amazing champs in the right situations. Please take out the Rhinos and the Iron Fists and replace them with Yondus and Hawkeyes. Please.

This is my biggest complaint with the game. Some people pull new champs every time they login. Some of us can go 6 months or more with nothing new worth ranking. Since Blade came out the only newly released champs I've pulled are Proxima, Massacre, and Domino. That's 3 in all of 2018 and two of them I pulled very recently. I'm OK with garbage pulls but when it's all you get for months and months it gets old.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Megavok wrote: »

Hey there, the one in the War Crystal would be the former. The latter is listed as Daredevil (Classic) within the game, so we'll make sure to list him as that here on the forums when he shows up as well.

It might be useful to refer to Daredevil from the Netflix show as Daredevil (Netflix). It would avoid a lot of confusion when describing fighters in crystals or content. Vision is called Vision, while the cinematic version is called Vision (Age of Ultron). The same is true with how Magneto is called Magneto, while the white costumed version is called Magneto (Marvel NOW!), or how Deadpool is called Deadpool, while the white suit is Deadpool (X-Force). The iconic version of the character is usually seen as the non-distinguished fighter. So that's why when some players see Daredevil listed in rewards they expect it to be the comic version of the character, not the live action one.

It would probably make more sense to leave the iconic version of a comic character as the primary title, and have any variations of them distinguished. So Spider-Man (Classic) would just be Spider-Man, while the Symbiote, Miles and the Cinematic/Stark version should be labeled distinctly since they stem from the original character (like how Jane Foster is distinguished from Thor, or Kamala Khan is distinguished from Ms. Marvel).
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    ga71hygprvks.jpeg

Tell me it’s April 1st!

Chaos: Cap Infinity or Corvus are amazing… but only Loki stands out from the rest and if you’re 100% 546 then that’s 80% chance of depression for the effort you put in (Wait did the Sentry buff work?)

Nightmare:
    Medusa and Domino are amazing but to fully have the whole package (especially on defense) the Duplication is vastly needed. I’ll give this one credit as Duped Antman, unduped Panther, MODOK and Goblin are all solid defenders but not much else

War:
    There truly are no winners in a war. IMIW another defensive option and the first truly dual-war-role Hyperion are both fantastic pulls… both really amazing but need that dupe to make them full god instead of just Demi-gods. Crossbones is just plain outdated but not a terrible consolation prize. Juggernaut as a dupe is an ok defender I guess?

Genesis:
    A biblical sized mixed bag. Archangel, Doctor Voodoo, and even Captain Marvel a solid trio of attackers. Ronan if you get him Duped is an absolute JOY to use but then again his 3* maxed is all you’ll ever need from him.

But the rest? Superior Iron is just bad, vulture was never good despite being release alongside 3 GODLY champions in a 2 month SPIDER EVENT, speaking of spiders Rhino is barely even a champion like WHAT IS HE!!! Oh and the interesting CONCEPT that is an unboosted critical failure (and the predecessor to an actual god in Corvus) Karnak and the green dunce who has a better legal defense than a war defense… or war offense, or Alliance quest utility, or any utility… or even a reason to have half her name be HULK!!!!!!!!!!! Oh hey Moon Knight, another interesting concept who is only a good champion when it’s “his time of the month”

Evolution:
    Ok you’re proving Darwin WRONG with these dungeon crystals. Ghost Rider… ughhhh. He’s annoying as sin to use albeit when done right he’s a Demi-tier champion, and Masacre the Mexican Phoenix that actually has a purpose in the game. After that you have 2 sad old men, and UUUGGGHHHH Proxima Midnight. Again like GR arguably an amazing champion but is a very involved champion. Oooh honey is that NC? Mixed feelings as unduped he’s ok on defense of the AI isn’t a full idiot, and duped he’s actually a really strong solo champ with high damage. The tech champ that weaponizes edginess which works about as horrible as it sounds, the joke character, a half decent defender and… wait is Electro a PERMANENT 5* now?! We for real doing it?!

Death:
    Here lies hopes and dreams. You have Stark Spider who can 1-shot the collector, Quake who UGHHHH again that skill ceiling. Psylocke who unless you’re doing Variant probably won’t see much use if any, the INSIDE JOKE ON THE FORUMS (omg miike is gonna be the reason he never gets a buff), King Groot who unless duped will never see use and even when Duped will only be used once IF that, Venompool who used to be a great war champ in the mid tiers, Elektra… does anyone know if she’s still a highly desired champ? I know she was a great champ back when the collector was the final end game boss but I feel like she’s been retired since Gwenpool (also she needs Resonate mastery to be any good which is a bad sign). Black Panther Classic needs the D-upe. Iron Fist, what did they do to you in 12.0? Oh and Mordo possibly the most controversial defender and can someone remind me if Blade can bylass his evade or not?
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Just a reminder of what the GOOD cryastals used to me

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/0p/edfmbzx9ihxk.pngaxtl2p2yst2z.png