**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Original Vision's SP3 Power Burn doesn't work properly

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
I'm creating a new thread for an old problem as it seems to have been forgotten: Original Vision's Power Burn doesn't work properly on his Special-3. Still. This shouldn't be news: it's been happening since late 2017; back when there was an issue with everyone's Power Burn remember that?). I've observed it regularly in arena with my 2* Vision since then; and it's definitely also a problem with the (expensive) 5* version, too. (I bought him because even with the bug, he would still be my best Tech champ...)

So, even though this should fall into the category of 'known issues', I thought I'd report it again.

Power Burn works fine on SP1 and 2, by the way. Just the SP3 is a problem.

Vision's SP3 description states that it "burns up to 33% of the opponent's Power and inflicts damage proportionate". But it doesn't.

(1) I think that 'up to' is vague; but I suspect means that it burns 33% of the current Power; as opposed to the Special-1&2 attacks, which burn a percentage of the Total power. This means it reduces power less than you might think; although if the opponent has a full three bars, they will still be reduced to one (compare this to the 100% drain of Red Skull and Ebony Maw, if you like...). This may be a descriptive rather than gameplay problem; but it should be fixed (preferably as a fixed % of Total power, like the other special attacks) at the same time as the bigger problem is addressed:

(2) No additional damage is inflicted regardless of how much Power the opponent loses. The damage is the same if the opponent loses a whole bar of power as if they lost just a fraction of a bar. There's a Power Burn callout, but the damage is missing: it's just a Power Drain!

Here's Vision Age of Ultron after an SP3:

There's a Power Burn callout; and clearly two different damages inflicted. One is the red usually reserved for Direct damage. And here's Original Vision after an SP3:

There's a callout, but only one damage, which is white. No Direct damage at all, it appears...

I've posted a video to YouTube demonstrating the two problems below:
https://youtu.be/vdL4pMMr7XA

For those who can't be bothered to watch it (it's long) I throw several SP3s in the video; and, as long as I remember to avoid the 5* minigame, inflict the same unimpressive (at 4/55) 5147 damage regardless of the power lost by Winter Soldier. Also, the power lost is visibly less if the SP3 is thrown when WS is at one bar of power than if it's thrown when he's at full power; suggesting that it's a loss of current Power, rather than total Power (obviously this is the smaller issue).

I'd really appreciate it if this problem could be acknowledged, please. And if it could be fixed, that would be great, since like a lot of people, I've spent 6000 credits on purchasing and awakening him; and burned through a lot of gold, Sig crystals, and so on. Also, since Vision generates his own Power, sometimes you can't avoid throwing an SP3; so it would be nice if it worked as intended.

Thanks for your time, and feedback.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Any chance this could be acknowledged and fixed?

I know the guys that keep the game running are busy; but I would have thought that this was one of the easiest bug fixes there is. I know next to nothing about coding (I'll leave that to DNA3000 and a few others); but since there's a reskinned version of the champion with an almost identical SP3 that does work, could Vision AoU's code not just get copied and pasted into Original Vision?

• Hey there, we've looked into this and wanted to pass along some information. We checked Vision's SP3 and it is burning the correct amount of Power, but the opponent still gains around 75% of a bar of Power from being hit with an SP3 if they aren't already at max Power. For example, if an opponent is at 1 bar, they gain 75% of a bar when hit by the SP3, then lose 1 bar to the Power Burn, which is what you're seeing in the first SP3 in your video. However, if they're at 3 bars when hit with the SP3, they try to gain 75% of a bar, fail because they're already at max power, then lose 1 bar, which is shown in other parts of your video.

We are still looking into your other reports about the damage to see if there are any issues there, but wanted to pass along that info to you to help clear up what is going on with your opponents Power meter.
    edited May 2019

Hey there, we've looked into this and wanted to pass along some information. We checked Vision's SP3 and it is burning the correct amount of Power, but the opponent still gains around 75% of a bar of Power from being hit with an SP3 if they aren't already at max Power. For example, if an opponent is at 1 bar, they gain 75% of a bar when hit by the SP3, then lose 1 bar to the Power Burn, which is what you're seeing in the first SP3 in your video. However, if they're at 3 bars when hit with the SP3, they try to gain 75% of a bar, fail because they're already at max power, then lose 1 bar, which is shown in other parts of your video.

We are still looking into your other reports about the damage to see if there are any issues there, but wanted to pass along that info to you to help clear up what is going on with your opponents Power meter.

Thanks Zibiit, that's really interesting. It does explain the (apparent) variability in the Power Burn.

Thank you for continuing to look at the damage; as there should be a callout for the Power Burn damage. Possibly it's combined with the physical damage; but for Vision AoU the damage clearly happens a tick after the SP3.

I really appreciate the response!

Hey there, we've looked into this ...

Hi Zibiit,

I've made another video, as it occurred to me that there was a synergy that could provide further evidence of the face the SP3 doesn't currently Power Burn.

Iron Man Infinity War has a synergy with Vision that increases Power Burn damage by 20%. As you'll see in the video, Vision's SP1 does indeed cause more damage as a result of the synergy; but the SP3 damage is unchanged (still a pretty poor 5147 damage for a 5* 4/55 Vision).

https://youtu.be/w3A0jnKP-ZA

I hope this is something that can be fixed within a reasonable timeframe; although I appreciate that there's clearly always a lot else going on in the game. However, Vision is supposed to be the first and best Power Control champion in the game: Bearing in mind that there are now two champions whose SP3 can reduce their opponent to zero damage (Ebony Maw and Red Skull), restoring his ability to control power properly (and do at least a bit of damage whilst doing it) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time 😃👍
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    It is concluded that this champ's special 3 damage is just very low?
    Mine is still below max. rank 4 and only deals 4,663 damage.

Looks like better to stick to special 1 or 2.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    This issue is resolved in the 24.1 update.

edited August 2019

This issue is resolved in the 24.1 update.

Thanks Lyra. Tested it in ROL; and he does indeed have a proper Power Burn on his SP3 now.

Thanks to the team for fixing this!

(And pretty fast, too!)

FYI, @winterthur
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    @Magrailothos
    Thanks for notice. Tested too with result in image.