**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"Strength in numbers" node

ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
I have a really simple question here: What is the purpose of "Strength in numbers" other than cash grab? I don't mean this to be offensive, but I am really completely out of ideas, so if there is any, please, enlighten me.

For those who are curious, node is on Mordo boss in 6.2. It says this:
"For each Member of the Attacker's team that is knocked out, the Attacker suffers a 25% Attack and Ability Accuracy reduction.

Think about it. This node does literally nothing. Nothing, except it is forcing you to spend team revive for your champions you have no intention to use at all, just to have a shot to actually win.
How does this make sense? Purpose of the nodes is to make fight specific in some aspect. Poison node - bring poison immune. Bleed node - bring bleed immune. Etc. So if I need Bleed immune champion for boss fight, I will probably save him for that purpose and I will sacrifice other champions on the way. That's what I can do if I want to play smart and be step ahead. If I want to plan.
Only thing I can do to prepare myself for this node is literally revive whole team. That's it. That node could be named "Pay to Win" and it would be absolutely correct.

Am I missing something here or did Kabam really fell to its lowest point here?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Actually it does something, it encourages you to play well and not get your team members knocked out. You dont need to revive if they are alive still. In addition you do not need to revive the whole team if they are knocked out.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    It's really bad.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    Lormif said:

Actually it does something, it encourages you to play well and not get your team members knocked out. You dont need to revive if they are alive still. In addition you do not need to revive the whole team if they are knocked out.

Man I hope you are not serious here...Is there even any situation when it's not beneficial not to die? :D I'm encouraged to play all game like that, I don't need the node to tell me it's better to stay alive :D

Seriously, it's 6.2, it's meant to be on limits of playable difficulty, in reality, it is far beyond, and your advice is "don't die"? You obviously didn't even played it or you just trolling here, either way your post means a very little here...
    Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

That is the dumbest argument I've read, borderline imbecility. I mean, cause we are just like horror movie victims right? We're so easy to kill you can murder us with a cordless phone right? We just love to die!

(sigh)

What is dump about it? It is a fact that its what it is for, you get penalized for not keeping your team alive. you could play well, or you could use revives, it is up to you.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

On the contrary, you actually do need to revive your team if they are knocked out. The damage reduction is enough that you need to have at least 2-3 of your team alive to actually have a legitimate chance at beating Mordo.
    there is no "on the contrary". You dont need your entire team, just enough to get the job done. After all your own argument defeats the argument of the OP.
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Man I hope you are not serious here...Is there even any situation when it's not beneficial not to die? :D I'm encouraged to play all game like that, I don't need the node to tell me it's better to stay alive :D

Seriously, it's 6.2, it's meant to be on limits of playable difficulty, in reality, it is far beyond, and your advice is "don't die"? You obviously didn't even played it or you just trolling here, either way your post means a very little here...
    I am very searious, why would I not be? You may play the game like that normally, but in normal situations you if a team member dies there is no real hardship as long as can defeat the boss, this makes it a real hardship.
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

That is the dumbest argument I've read, borderline imbecility. I mean, cause we are just like horror movie victims right? We're so easy to kill you can murder us with a cordless phone right? We just love to die!

(sigh)

What is dump about it? It is a fact that its what it is for, you get penalized for not keeping your team alive. you could play well, or you could use revives, it is up to you.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

On the contrary, you actually do need to revive your team if they are knocked out. The damage reduction is enough that you need to have at least 2-3 of your team alive to actually have a legitimate chance at beating Mordo.
    there is no "on the contrary". You dont need your entire team, just enough to get the job done. After all your own argument defeats the argument of the OP.
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

I am very searious, why would I not be? You may play the game like that normally, but in normal situations you if a team member dies there is no real hardship as long as can defeat the boss, this makes it a real hardship.
    Ok trolling it is...

Guys I would like to stay on topic so can we please not feed the troll here and move on? :) I think it's for the best...
    You asked its purpose, I stated its purpose, just because you dont like the node, or its purpose does not make me a troll.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Lot of false statements here... First off you can play well and still have to use revives. I don't believe for a second that anyone is playing through 6.2 flawlessly so your statement about playing well or using revives makes absolutely no sense. Second I said you have to have at least 2-3 of you team alive (not including your main attacker).

So if we're being generous lets say you managed to get to the boss with only two of your team KOd. The fight is still going to be ridiculously hard unless you revive at least one of those two KOd champs. This node is dumb whether you want to admit it or not. It punishes you for having any of your team KOd against some of the most difficult content to date and forces you to revive champs you don't intend to use just so you don't suffer a penalty.

Now I'm not saying the node needs to be changed, we've had plenty of content before that has dumb nodes and I still get through it just fine. My point is this node is not well thought out and ultimately serves no purpose other than making you spend revives on champs you have no intent of using.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Lot of false statements here... First off you can play well and still have to use revives. I don't believe for a second that anyone is playing through 6.2 flawlessly so your statement about playing well or using revives makes absolutely no sense. Second I said you have to have at least 2-3 of you team alive (not including your main attacker).

So if we're being generous lets say you managed to get to the boss with only two of your team KOd. The fight is still going to be ridiculously hard unless you revive at least one of those two KOd champs. This node is dumb whether you want to admit it or not. It punishes you for having any of your team KOd against some of the most difficult content to date and forces you to revive champs you don't intend to use just so you don't suffer a penalty.

Now I'm not saying the node needs to be changed, we've had plenty of content before that has dumb nodes and I still get through it just fine. My point is this node is not well thought out and ultimately serves no purpose other than making you spend revives on champs you have no intent of using.
    None of my statements were false... I never said no one ever would need to use revived, I said the node encourages you to not let your party die. Those are not the same thing. Dont create strawmen arguments please.

In addition I never stated if it was dumb or not. Please dont put words into my mouth.
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

None of my statements were false... I never said no one ever would need to use revived, I said the node encourages you to not let your party die. Those are not the same thing. Dont create strawmen arguments please.

In addition I never stated if it was dumb or not. Please dont put words into my mouth.
    Omg... When you are hungry, is the feeling encouraging you to not let yourself starve to death because you preferably want to live, or does it simply force you to go to eat something? Please, leave, you stated your opinion, nobody agrees here so move on. Or it is just trolling...Which it is... I can't believe I fell for that...
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

I'm not attempting to set up strawmen arguments. You said you can either play well or use revives. That just comes across pretentious and condescending and is flat out wrong. Anyone who's played 6.2 knows that you are going to have to use revives, there is no getting around it. However, that does not mean you aren't playing well. I played through 6.2 really well in my opinion, I also had to use revives on occasion.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

I'm not attempting to set up strawmen arguments. You said you can either play well or use revives. That just comes across pretentious and condescending and is flat out wrong. Anyone who's played 6.2 knows that you are going to have to use revives, there is no getting around it. However, that does not mean you aren't playing well. I played through 6.2 really well in my opinion, I also had to use revives on occasion.
    except I didnt, I said it encourages you to play well and not get your team members knocked out. You can use revives if you get knocked out. The question is what it was for...

Yes, playing well does not mean you will keep all your team alive, I never claimed the contrary.
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Omg... When you are hungry, is the feeling encouraging you to not let yourself starve to death because you preferably want to live, or does it simply force you to go to eat something? Please, leave, you stated your opinion, nobody agrees here so move on. Or it is just trolling...Which it is... I can't believe I fell for that...
    it depends on how hungry you are.... Be more precise in your questions please.
    Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

^^^
    zeezee57 said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Technically you're correct, the stated purpose of the node is to not have any of you champs die before the boss. Whether intended or not it comes across as a defense of the node and seems like you consider it a reasonable node to create and place in act 6. The premise of this thread isn't so much asking what the nodes purpose is in a way that we can't read the words and understand them, its asking why does this node exist other than to drain players inventory.

Just look at the content, people are going to lose champs. This is by far the worst content the game has ever seen, they went way too far in trying to make a challenge that won't be cleared by top players too quickly and basically blocked 99% of players from exploring 6.2 without an insane amount of spending or waiting forever. Everyone is going to lose numerous champs on the way to exploring this quest, so mission accomplished in costing us revives with absolutely no real purpose behind it. I'll be doing completion and pretending there's no such thing as story mode.
    I can get behind this statement, not condescending or insulting as the others and reasonable.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    I took down Mordo last night and it sucked having to use team revives instead of single revives on my Beardo.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

I have no opinion one way or the other on the node yet but why is it trolling if someone has a different viewpoint? Instead of engaging his points, you just attack and call him a troll just for the mere fact he doesn't agree with your statement. You've stated your opinion as well, does that mean you have to leave the conversation too or you don't have to because you're negative opinion of the node is the "only" opinion that matters? It's a public forum. You can voice your thoughts, others can voice theirs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

I took down Mordo last night and it sucked having to use team revives instead of single revives on my Beardo.

@Madman_marvin How many team revives did you use once you reached Mordo? Just curious.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I’m 1 short him with ghos with hood one the team but 100 it wil be more hard for me
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    The no ist that bad ther more harder encounters one act6 that this node

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

It's literally there to encourage you to not starve to death lol.

I don't have a horse in this race, since I'm not there yet, but that comparison is really silly.

Hunger as a sensation is not there to punish you for not eating, quite the opposite.
    Lame smart-ass argument... Lormif is trying to sell this as the node has some additional value for you as is "encouraging you not to die"...I say that's not encouragement as dying is never a goal. Only solution for hunger is to eat. Only solution for this node is to revive.

So your addition to this discussion is to catch on not entirely accurate idiom (I admit, duh) instead of put some real thoughts here? Great job, be proud of yourself.
    ON12355 said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

"Just don't die".

(sigh)

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

ON12355 said:

Lormif said:

It's literally there to encourage you to not starve to death lol.

I don't have a horse in this race, since I'm not there yet, but that comparison is really silly.

Hunger as a sensation is not there to punish you for not eating, quite the opposite.
    Lame smart-ass argument... Lormif is trying to sell this as the node has some additional value for you as is "encouraging you not to die"...I say that's not encouragement as dying is never a goal. Only solution for hunger is to eat. Only solution for this node is to revive.

So your addition to this discussion is to catch on not entirely accurate idiom (I admit, duh) instead of put some real thoughts here? Great job, be proud of yourself.
    I see you never even read one of my statement, but your continued insults of people is probably going to get you some warnings.
  • We're closing this thread down for the serious derail and insults that have been happening. Let's keep things respectful and constructive on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.