**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weird Interaction between IMIW and OG Daredevil

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
IMIW's abilities state that his repulsor attacks CANNOT be evaded. Wheareas Daredevil's Awakened ability (5.1.6 Daredevil in particular) gives him a 114% chance to evade all projectiles . There was a node which boosted this chance upto 134%.

If we go by Kabam's "Cannot" beats "Always" logic, Daredevil shouldn't be able to evade any of the repulsor attacks. But he did, not all but most of them. Should this be happening or is it a bug? Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

IMIW's abilities state that his repulsor attacks CANNOT be evaded. Wheareas Daredevil's Awakened ability (5.1.6 Daredevil in particular) gives him a 114% chance to evade all projectiles . There was a node which boosted this chance upto 134%.

If we go by Kabam's "Cannot" beats "Always" logic, Daredevil shouldn't be able to evade any of the repulsor attacks. But he did, not all but most of them. Should this be happening or is it a bug? Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

There is a bit of the logic you may have missed. According to kabam defenders "always/never" beat attackers "always/cannot". This is why Corvus' "always crits" does not work on Antman's glancing are "never crits"
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    They should just shy away from absolutes and express it in percentage values.
    If they want IMIW's repulser hits to be non-evadable (a word?) they should express it as 100% to hit, then DD's 114% chance to evade would get calculated in a mathy way that would be far more clear to the player rather than always/never/possibly/if it's on a weekday but not Thursday logic.

They should reduce it down to mathematical expression instead of wordage that is open to interpretation, then we don't have to discuss it in such an uncertain way.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

If they want IMIW's repulser hits to be non-evadable (a word?) they should express it as 100% to hit, then DD's 114% chance to evade would get calculated in a mathy way that would be far more clear to the player rather than always/never/possibly/if it's on a weekday but not Thursday logic.

They should reduce it down to mathematical expression instead of wordage that is open to interpretation, then we don't have to discuss it in such an uncertain way.

Since they're not doing that though. What do we assume when it's clearly stated "cannot"? Do we just assume that it's a 100% chance? I'd have no problems with that interaction if I knew how it'd go down. I kinda got destroyed on that fight because of this.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Assume that cannot is 100% reduction
    Lvernon15 said:

Assume that cannot is 100% reduction

So that means Daredevil should be able to evade all repulsor attacks. As 134%>100%. But he didn't evade ALL repulsor attacks, some of them landed successfully. Which again, does not make sense.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Assuming your numbers are correct, I think your example works out as 134% - 100% = 34% so it lines up perfectly with it happening sometimes, but not every time.
    Wubbie075 said:

Assuming your numbers are correct, I think your example works out as 134% - 100% = 34% so it lines up perfectly with it happening sometimes, but not every time.

I hope this is the case. I'm not sure if the ability accuracies cancel out each other like this though.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I agree percentages would be better than wording that can get confusing especially if english isnt your native language.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

Since they're not doing that though. What do we assume when it's clearly stated "cannot"? Do we just assume that it's a 100% chance? I'd have no problems with that interaction if I knew how it'd go down. I kinda got destroyed on that fight because of this.
    Not the foggiest lol, and that's the problem. If it was there in black and white numbers, when the OP comes with this problem you can reduce it down to its code rather than trying to translate whatever the hell they've managed to code 'always' or 'cannot' as.
  • IMIW's abilities state that his repulsor attacks CANNOT be evaded. Wheareas Daredevil's Awakened ability (5.1.6 Daredevil in particular) gives him a 114% chance to evade all projectiles . There was a node which boosted this chance upto 134%.

Could you tell us what specific nodes were active for that fight? Along with what other Champions you had on your team or what boosts you had active at the time?

Could you tell us what specific nodes were active for that fight? Along with what other Champions you had on your team or what boosts you had active at the time?
    Sure!
    I had a 40% XP boost active
    The nodes were
    Resonance Cascade
    Enhanced Abilities
    ISO Infused
    Critical
    Brute Force
    Kinetic instigator
    Champion Boost

My Champions were all 4/40 4*s
    IMIW