**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This months side quest

belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
Thanks for buffing the rewards I find the epic to be worth the effort but I really don’t enjoy the number of fights involved. I would like to get the rewards for both epic and master but I find them to be too time consuming for my daily life. I believe we had similar rewards during the ht and annialus event but it was only 2 fights and I believe no energy. I know the team likes to change the rewards and events but i don’t think side events should take no more than 5 minutes per quest (ex. Epic and master combine should be about 10 minutes) just my 2 cents but how does the rest of the community feel?

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback on this!! :)
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

I think it’s a pretty good setup as it is, but I do have to sit down with a glass of cold water when I see an Annihilus boss perching at the top of Epic

Although I for once must say that I've become a lot better at fighting him over the course of this month so far, so there's that lol.
    Yeah this is very true. The first couple times though, damn - got shafted by that cosmic rod way too much for my liking. Still raw man, still raw
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    My only problem is on epic is the incinerate and cold snap lane. I can only use my 4* torch which has been some trouble. Other than that, the 5*s I have gotten have been worth the trouble.

I really do like that the rewards were buffed majorly and I do appreciate the team listening to us all.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I take meph and Morningstar when I see annihilus; tip, start the quest with a random team. See freezer burn on the central path? Meph and the champion. See biohazard? Omega, Iceman etc. Do the same with bosses. See doom? Quit, restart with quake and Gulk.

Doom is my problem on this one, he has a really stuttering style when attacking into quakes Dodge, which if she isn't against the wall is tricky to strike match against.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    This months side quest are the perfect mix of energy/difficulty/rewards.
  • belli300 said:

Thanks for buffing the rewards I find the epic to be worth the effort but I really don’t enjoy the number of fights involved. I would like to get the rewards for both epic and master but I find them to be too time consuming for my daily life. I believe we had similar rewards during the ht and annialus event but it was only 2 fights and I believe no energy. I know the team likes to change the rewards and events but i don’t think side events should take no more than 5 minutes per quest (ex. Epic and master combine should be about 10 minutes) just my 2 cents but how does the rest of the community feel?

I suggested an alternative here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1032120/#Comment_1032120

Personally, I don't find them *too* time consuming, but I can see it getting very grindy over an entire month. I wouldn't want to do this kind of thing everywhere, but for something like this I think this is a viable idea to give players the option for having constant difficulty but more fights, or higher difficulty with less fights, while keeping the rewards (or at least the potential rewards) the same for everyone.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

belli300 said:

I suggested an alternative here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1032120/#Comment_1032120

Personally, I don't find them *too* time consuming, but I can see it getting very grindy over an entire month. I wouldn't want to do this kind of thing everywhere, but for something like this I think this is a viable idea to give players the option for having constant difficulty but more fights, or higher difficulty with less fights, while keeping the rewards (or at least the potential rewards) the same for everyone.
    Yeah I check out what you said. That exactly where. My head is at. I’m a full time student preparing for grad school I just don’t have time to focus on 15+ fights every day just for a side quest on top of other alliance events and monthly eq but wish I had the time to get the rewards.

I’m really do appreciate the rewards for this month. Again for me it’s the time commitment aspect.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★

Thanks for the feedback on this!! :)

Thanks for checking in on this. It’s nice to hear you guys are listening to the feedback.
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    The rewards are great. I've been doing the top 2 or 3 every day but boy is it a depressing grind. I think another thing that adds on top of the grind is the fact we've had daily quests like this on back to back months now. It's exhausting.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    This is my favorite side quest so far. I love that there are no “tickets” or gates. I get to play today’s quest and get today’s rewards. I don’t like the ones that you have to wait until the final week to complete and get the full rewards. If I am busy in the final days of those quests I miss a lot. But this quest, if I can’t grind that day I just miss those rewards. No big deal.

These Invasion quests are challenging but not impossible. Great rewards and worth playing every day that I can!
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I don’t mind the time it takes to grind, but the node on the left path during doom invasions is just absolutely ridiculous.

I got UC last month, managed to explore the UC EQ, and explore the fantastic invasions on epic with no resources, but for players who’s rosters aren’t that beefy , the nodes on that path (Evolution/extinction protocol,kinetic ) require me to use potions
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Don't get me wrong I love this event but the amount of times I thought "is 1500 5 stars really worth it?"
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    It would be better with 2 ways instead of 3, because regular monthly quest needs energy and time too.
    But regarding the difficulty : :
    1) boss aren’t the same for all ways
    2) champions change too
    3) the central line has hard buffs/debuffs
    The mix of these parameters can be too much difficult. So don’t make it harder, that’s truly enough. A Doom after some tough champions is painfull.
    The rewards are nice, even if players never have enough :-) More seriously, veteran players have a lot of 5* to rank up, that’s their goal on the game and so they need t5bc to rank 5.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    This is by far the best side quest we had in a while. Very interesting and challenging fights, awesome rewards, low energy requirements. Almost perfect!
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    The time needed for the side event compared to the rewards you gain is a bargain.
    Yes, the bosses are a bit challenging and the center path has hard(ish) nodes, but if you have the roster to be able to challenge Epic, you should have a 5/50 Red Hulk, Mephisto or Iceman (just 3 from the top of my head) to help you clear that path. (this is for the incinerate/coldsnap path). Biohazard should not be an issue for anyone that enters Epic.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Very pleasing side quest this month. Awesome rewards for a short time work. But I understand it could be terrible for those who don't have required roster.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Equal to better rewards for less energy in total than the monthly EQs. I think the epic and master are well worth it, in fact my progress in EQ has suffered because I can see the better value here. Am I the only one? 2.5 5* crystals, 2 t2A, 80? 5* sig stones. Crazy rewards
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I agree. It is a grind
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Last month i didnt played a single day of side quest but this month i didnt missed one.
    I guess this is enough hint for devs for future content.
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    I like them to, but they are really time consuming, two lines instead of 3 whould be perfect