**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Creator Spotlight: Captain Bayeee!

Summoners!

The holidays are all about celebration, and in this installment of the creator spotlight, we have a pretty awesome milestone to celebrate: Captain Bayeee hit 10k subscribers on YouTube! This is no small feat, reaching this milestone takes determination and hard work and perseverance; something Captain Bayeee has in spades. So, I caught up with the Captain to chat with him about content creation, MCoC and the future, check it out!

Tell me about your origin story as a content creator?
"I started my channel back in November of 2016 and the first video I ever made was actually a Minecraft one. I had also been playing MCoC for a few months and followed some of the popular YouTubers back then. I figured I would give it a shot and try to record an MCoC video. After doing multiple MCoC and Minecraft videos it became very clear to me that my MCoC ones where more popular so that became my full focus for the channel and decided to drop the Minecraft videos. Early on I really started enjoying the whole process of recording a video, editing it, making the thumbnail, and then seeing the final product on my channel and to see the view and sub count increase. I was self taught with everything and still have much to learn to this day. I also want to give a huge thank you to Dork Lessons who I had reached out to for advice after I had been making videos for only a few months and had around 200 subscribers. He took the time to message me and steer me in the right direction to improve my view count and subscribers and is something I’ll never forget!"

Congrats on 10k Subs on YouTube! How do you feel about it?
"Reaching 10k subscribers was a pretty awesome moment! It’s made me look back at the time (and money on offers lol) I’ve spent these last 3 years and reflect on how much I’ve learned between now and when I started. I also think of the friendships I’ve made since I started as well and seeing familiar names pop up on videos who I know have been with me since the beginning, and the constant support is always a good reminder to me of why I keep making videos and hitting 10k subs has only fueled the fire in me to put up more and more content for everyone!"

Favorite MCoC hero right now?
"My favorite MCoC hero right now has to be Captain Marvel (Movie version). She was brand new character added this year and I think the team has done a fantastic job with her. The amount of content I have been able to clear with her has been awesome and I just keep finding more and more uses for her in game!"

If you could choose any hero from the Marvel Universe to put in the game, who would it be?
"I would like to see Professor X added into the game. I picture him having some insane synergies that help not only mutants, but all characters and especially with the new features added with Mr Fantastic with his Cross-Fight ability, I think there could be some great things Professor X could do with that."

Alright I generated a Nerf, Buff, Sell list of champions in the UMCoC Podcast discord channel. Your choices to Nerf, Buff or sell are: Magik, Doctor Voodoo, Nebula. What would you pick for each and why?
"Nerf: Magik, let’s just face it, no one likes to face Magik when her limbo can’t be controlled so I would tone her down there.
Buff: Doctor Voodoo, I’ve always been a fan of this character and while he has some good utilities now I would love to see even more added. Maybe a way to trigger his regen multiple times in a fight and not just at the start.
Sell: Nebula, this character to me gets somewhat forgotten, there’s lots of other Tech champions that are more useful across all content and even when it comes to other Robots in the game, she’s probably the least talked about one."

It’s MCoC’s 5 year anniversary! How long have you been playing MCoC and what’s your fondest memory from the time you’ve been playing?
"I began playing MCoC almost 4 years ago, and my fondest memory since then has to be just all the friendships that I’ve made along the way. Whether it’s been an old/current alliance member, subscriber who I’ve known for a while, or a fellow content creator, I have nothing but happy memories. I have met people who have become a part of my life beyond just being someone I play a video game with, which is something I never could have imagined happening the day I decided to download this game."

Do you have an all time favorite piece of content that we have released in the game?
"I’ve really enjoyed the Content Creator Boss Rush Challenges. I think it’s a really awesome idea to allow the players of your game to help make content and really shows how much you guys appreciate your community that you want to work with us to make fun content to be added in game and hope that I will get a chance to be part of one in the future!! (Get ready for an OP Loki fight everyone lol)"

We met at NYCC! What was your favorite part about the convention?
"As I mentioned earlier about friendships being my fondest memory in my time playing MCoC, getting the chance to attend NYCC the last 2 years has been a true testament of those friendships. Both times it has been absolutely amazing, getting to meet other content creators and subscribers that I had previously only met through chats and Skype calls and then getting to meet them in person for the first time and instantly feeling like a family has been so cool. Also my NYCC vlogs I’ve done the last 2 years have been some of the most fun I’ve had making and editing videos. Being able to provide an insight of the day to day events going on there to everyone who wasn’t able to attend has been something I’ve really enjoyed and the feedback on them is amazing. And lastly getting to meet all the other devs and employees that attended the conventions, getting to be a part of the Summoner Showdown and everything that went into that has been one of the most exciting moments of my life and I can’t to go back to NYCC next year!!"

With the reveal of Galactus, where do you think the story arc for MCoC is going next year?
"Well as someone who doesn’t have a deep knowledge of the comic books I’m not really sure but, I do know that Galactus is called the “Destroyer of Worlds” and is a massively cosmic based character, so maybe he will have something to do with linking MCoC to Marvel Realm of Champions as someone who has seen most of the universe on his quest of destruction."

Favorite food of all time?
"Bacon Cheese Burger, it is my goal in live to find the best one out there so if you have any recommendations, please pass them along!"

Anything you want to say to the community at large?
"I can’t thank this community enough for all the support it’s given me since I started this journey. I look forward to seeing what changes and characters are in store for 2020 and hope we all can continue to love and support this game for years to come!"

Big thank you to Cap for taking the time to answer my questions! Don't forget to check out Cap on all the following pages and don't forget to subscribe to his YouTube channel if you haven't yet, next stop is 20k and beyond!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/captainBayeee
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaptainBayeee
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBayeee

Comments

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I would totally watch Minecraft videos if you made them
  • Thanks for the post Thel!! I've had a blast playing this game and being a part of the community!
  • CaptainbayeeeCaptainbayeee Posts: 18
    edited December 2019

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I haven't watched much of him but he seems like a pretty cool dude!

He's not, he went to a niners game and didn't invite me
    LOL you can blame @DysenteryJoe for that hahaha
  • Vamsi_34Vamsi_34 Posts: 8
    I seriously enjoyed his NYCC 2019 vlogs
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I think he is an awesome content creator. Even when I'm envious of his "occasional" CEOish awesome pulls lol. But in all seriousness, keep up the good work!!
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Hope your going to nycc next year I've wanted to meet you for awhile and I finally am able to go
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Whats the rational behind the name captain bayee?
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    I m desparately waiting for dork's interview