**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam when did this start becoming "unfair"

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
We all know this gifting event change you made was to stop people from making new alts to gift to themselves free stuff and continuing it. And you have always said this was fair, so why is suddenly not fair? Why is this suddenly a problem after 4 years of you doing this? Why is this suddenly a line that seems to be getting crossed.

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I guess if you made the account just before the event started it would be fine?
  • It has become easier and easier to reach level 15 (or whatever it was) much faster now.

In past if you had to be level 15 that meant you had already been playing the account for long enough (I guess).
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

It has become easier and easier to reach level 15 (or whatever it was) much faster now.

In past if you had to be level 15 that meant you had already been playing the account for long enough (I guess).

In what way? You still need to go through Act 1 for level 15 and the xp needed hasnt changed
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

It has become easier and easier to reach level 15 (or whatever it was) much faster now.

In what way? You still need to go through Act 1 for level 15 and the xp needed hasnt changed
    7 day xp boost
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    edited December 2019
    Used to only get 2 (or 3 ?) champs at 1* when creating account, and was no way you would be able to get a 4* until somewhere in (or after) Act-3. Had to win whole PC's to even get 2* champs, which wasn’t right away either.
    Now I see people create account and immediately open a 4* champ.

Correct, was already easy last several years, but calendars continue to make it faster and faster to progress to 15.

(actually Calendars a bad example for this particular case. More like in game Store let’s you advance more quickly in last several years)
  • We all know this gifting event change you made was to stop people from making new alts to gift to themselves free stuff and continuing it. And you have always said this was fair, so why is suddenly not fair? Why is this suddenly a problem after 4 years of you doing this? Why is this suddenly a line that seems to be getting crossed.

It is also possible this is being done to help curtail the gifting system being used for money laundering.

You can't completely eliminate the problem, but you can make it unpalatable or less profitable, and eliminating the permanent gifting badge probably sent a lot of the unscrupulous people away. Reinstating the gifting badge for this event might have started attracting those people back to the game, but preventing them from creating a flood of new accounts to use may slow them down enough to reduce the problem to a more manageable level.

The people saying this was a problem and now isn't a problem or shouldn't be a problem or must still be a problem don't understand that none of this is binary: you can't completely eliminate the problem, you can only curtail it. So every measure taken is designed to make it more trouble than it is worth for most of these guys to use the platform for this activity. Contrawise, allowing an event like this to happen is a calculated risk, with the idea that the limited time frame allows Kabam to prevent the issue from being too big of a problem before the event ends. All of this is a compromise of practical realities.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★

7 day xp boost
    7 day trial of summoner sigil
  • I still think this should have been a decision made and implemented before it started
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

7 day xp boost
    Wasnt it there back when gifting was still a thing?
  • I still think this should have been a decision made and implemented before it started

Probably, but I suspect this is a reactionary move because they detected a rise in the creation of accounts with suspicious activity related to gifting. Also, if you announce ahead of time that this limit will be put into place, you could inadvertently trigger the creation of those accounts ahead of the lockout simply by virtue of alerting people to the need to do so before the lockout happens.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Used to only get 2 (or 3 ?) champs at 1* when creating account, and was no way you would be able to get a 4* until somewhere in (or after) Act-3. Had to win whole PC's to even get 2* champs, which wasn’t right away either.
    Now I see people create account and immediately open a 4* champ.

Correct, was already easy last several years, but calendars continue to make it faster and faster to progress to 15.

(actually Calendars a bad example for this particular case. More like in game Store let’s you advance more quickly in last several years)

I started to play several years ago and got 4* spider Gwen from phc pretty soon. She was ok, I guess (it was before she got reworked to have 2 fight modes changing on holding block). Level 15 just takes time doing boring first quests
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    What did Kabam expect to happen? Its almost like they left it just long enough make a load of money and then change the rule.
    The fair thing to do would be to remove all items gifted from accounts created in first couple of days of gifting event. I'm sure they could identify a newly created account that gifts massive amounts of items to another account.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

What did Kabam expect to happen? Its almost like they left it just long enough make a load of money and then change the rule.
    The fair thing to do would be to remove all items gifted from accounts created in first couple of days of gifting event. I'm sure they could identify a newly created account that gifts massive amounts of items to another account.

That's the thing though they can't do it because it wouldn't be right. You fairly earned those items through fair in game means. You didn't cheat anything, make use of an exploit, or violate anything in the ToS. There was really no justified reason to remove it this late in the game.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Found out I have a level 5 account I created long time ago. With the calendar, sigil, summoner’s journey, solo and alliance events, you can get a 3-4* easily.
This discussion has been closed.