**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thing nullifies Cosmic Control Rod

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
Fighting in the Arena today; and noticed twice when firing off a Special Attack in this fight, that Thing nullified Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod. I remembered I've seen it before as well; so I got a screenshot today:

I'm in Assassin's range here; but the same thing happened earlier in the fight at higher health (which is why I thought 'hey, that thing's happened again!', and was ready to take a screenshot!).

I'm guessing it's an interaction between Thing's 'Stopping Power' ability to nullify Unstoppable (and, no, Annihilus was not Unstoppable - I was hitting him at the end of a MLLLM combo) and Annihilus's ability to resist Nullify by sacrificing his Cosmic Control Rod.

It's not the biggest problem; but since it gives Annihilus a fairly hefty damage boost, it does make Thing a less good option to take on Annihilus when he's on a boss node.

Thanks for looking into it.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

I decided to test another champ with a restricted nullify ability, iron fist, and annihilus behaved the same. A heavy attack from iron fist made him remove his rod.

So even restricted nullify effects seem to actually be always present, whether there is a buff to nullify with said ability or not.

Good to know actually.

Nice thinking!

I wondered about CAIW, but the Iron Fist test is even better!

Probably something that should be sorted out.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He has something in his abilities where if a buff would be nullified the rod is removed instead, probably thing’s sp1 passive thing removed unstoppable and caused the rod to go
  • Hey there, I can pass this on to the rest of the team to ask them about it.
  • Hey there, does anyone happen to have any footage of this happening to them and would be able to remember what game mode it happened in?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

Hey there, does anyone happen to have any footage of this happening to them and would be able to remember what game mode it happened in?

The photo above is from Arena. I didn't get video, but will try. As I have said: this did not happen when Annihilus had an Unstoppable buff to Nullify; as these were Specials launched at the end of a five-hit combo. Annihilus only gets a very brief Unstoppable (0.9s) when you dash back with a Stifle debuff, so he will never be Unstoppable when you're at the end of a combo. Unless he's on a chaos node, or something.

I'll try and catch video next time I pick an Annihilus fight with Thing.