**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So Green Goblin WAS supposed to be Science Class

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
Act 5.3.6, the science level, has him as boss. The rest of the levels have the correct class as boss.

I'm guessing either he was Science and they changed him between when they began developing 5.3 and his release date OR Kabam is just trolling us for giggles.

PS: seriously why can't we get a new science champ?

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Lol, that IS pretty funny. I noticed 2 tech bosses, didn't put it together though.

Guess they forgot to tell DK he wasn't science :)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He was supposed to be tech ... It makes sense
  • I laughed hard at this... they realised they didn't have any decent science bosses to go in there since they've neglected the class for 12+ months. Sums Kabam up to put a hotly argued champ like GG in as the science level's boss!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

How does it make sense to have the boss be the same class that doesn't get the attack nerf on every map, and then have the science map with a tech champ? It doesn't make sense, poor planning. It being GG is extra funny as so many complained about it initially lol.

If you're saying GG makes sense as Tech, then sure not a problem for me. But tech boss in science map = mistake.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    And they have several Science champs who could have been bosses. Hell, they could have put practically anyone there, it's mostly about the nodes and not the champ anyhow. Of course, I would have put AM there. With a node buff that bans Science champs from being used. And Outlast, and Armor.

How does it make sense to have the boss be the same class that doesn't get the attack nerf on every map, and then have the science map with a tech champ? It doesn't make sense, poor planning. It being GG is extra funny as so many complained about it initially lol.

If you're saying GG makes sense as Tech, then sure not a problem for me. But tech boss in science map = mistake.

I was actually saying that he is supposed to be Tech. Being the last boss of 5.3 maybe was a mistake
  • Mystics are Kabams cash cow. Why would they want to give us good science champs to counter that?
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

I was actually saying that he is supposed to be Tech. Being the last boss of 5.3 maybe was a mistake

Lol..dude you're confusing. The OP said he's supposed to be science(not tech) and he's boss in 5.3.6 which is a science run and supposed to have a science boss. The fact that he's there anyway kinda showed that he was meant to be science in the first place and not tech.
  • I'm going to make DK comment on this, but no. He was not. That Quest was built way after it was decided that Green Goblin would be a Tech Champion. I'm not sure why they decided on going with Green Goblin, but it wasn't because he was supposed to be a Science Champion. We've put that discussion to bed and won't be revisiting it.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yea I was also slightly confused when I first saw 5.3. I realised each quest had a different class boss, except for 5.3.6 who had GG, which initially confused me because I was thinking "Wait, I thought he's tech and not science?"

Maybe GG was meant to be science, but was switched to tech because of his glider and pumpkin bombs. But I think he suits more to science because he has a regenerative healing factor and has consumed the goblin formula to attain superhuman powers. Not only that, but most "green" champions in Mcoc are usually in the science class, so tbh, it was quite strange that they decided to make him tech due to his glider and pumpkin bombs, when it is the actual character himself that is very science related.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm going to make DK comment on this, but no. He was not. That Quest was built way after it was decided that Green Goblin would be a Tech Champion. I'm not sure why they decided on going with Green Goblin, but it wasn't because he was supposed to be a Science Champion. We've put that discussion to bed and won't be revisiting it.

Then it was just a giant haha we got you from the team?
    Bootteo wrote: »

Lol..dude you're confusing. The OP said he's supposed to be science(not tech) and he's boss in 5.3.6 which is a science run and supposed to have a science boss. The fact that he's there anyway kinda showed that he was meant to be science in the first place and not tech.

No. I'm saying that the way he fights and his abilities make him a Tech Champion, so he is supposed to be Tech, not Science.
    I don't know why they placed him in the last quest of 5.3.
  • Kabam DKKabam DK Posts: 221
    edited September 2017
    There's 3 main reasons why he's the final boss:

1. We like using new Champions when we can. This is MOST notable in our Event Quest structure, but even in permanent content we try to have a good smattering of Champions old and new, and so established strategies are a little harder to pull off, and related to that;
    2. Newer Champions provide one way of adding more challenge since their movesets and abilities are less well-known.
    3. Lastly, it's for narrative reasons. The Grandmaster (as you saw in August's Sinister Foes Event) is not a fan of Spider-Man, so he's naturally a BIG fan of anyone else who hates Spidey.

We know it's a bit strange that having Green Goblin as the final boss in the Science Chapter, but it was honestly pure coincidence. Green Goblin was chosen as the boss WAY before the order of the quests was settled. Nearly a month prior, actually.

Not a troll, and not an admission that he was/is a Science character. Just a combination of design/narrative intentions and coincidence.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »

1. We like using new Champions when we can. This is MOST notable in our Event Quest structure, but even in permanent content we try to have a good smattering of Champions old and new, and so established strategies are a little harder to pull off, and related to that;
    2. Newer Champions provide one way of adding more challenge since their movesets and abilities are less well-known.
    3. Lastly, it's for narrative reasons. The Grandmaster (as you saw in August's Sinister Foes Event) is not a fan of Spider-Man, so he's naturally a BIG fan of anyone else who hates Spidey.

We know it's a bit strange that having Green Goblin as the final boss in the Science Chapter, but it was honestly pure coincidence. Green Goblin was chosen as the boss WAY before the order of the quests was settled. Nearly a month prior, actually.

Not a troll, and not an admission that he was/is a Science character. Just a combination of design/narrative intentions and coincidence.
    Pure coincidence that the ONE character in the entire game that had the most controversy on there type was placed in the ONE chapter with the specified "other option" type?

Of all the new characters, you could've picked Doc Oc or Vulture, who are both Spidey villains, but instead it was Goblin.

Or to even match the science map, Rhino or Electro, also both Spidey villains.

I'm sorry mate, but this is a little... too much of a coincidence?
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502

We like using new Champions... but there is no one in science class for so long time, that we have to look for it in other classes.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

Pure coincidence that the ONE character in the entire game that had the most controversy on there type was placed in the ONE chapter with the specified "other option" type?

Of all the new characters, you could've picked Doc Oc or Vulture, who are both Spidey villains, but instead it was Goblin.

Doc Oc and Vulture are way too easy to be the boss of 5.3.6
    Goblin is a real pain
  • Kabam DK wrote: »

Let's take the tinfoil hat off for a moment. Yes, it's a coincidence. We can't predict the future and know how people are going to react to something.

I'm sorry you don't like or want to believe the answer, but it is true.

Anyways, this has been answered now, so this thread will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.