**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 7 book 2 beta

2»

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

If players who have only completed 6.1 receive the invitation...

Both my friends got invited. They haven't set foot in 6.2 yet.
    Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    They look at a range of feedback. Not just people with the most content completed.
    Don't start again
    What feedback are they gonna get from people that have 2-3 rank 5 5*?
    This was a rhetorical question, because I know already what you are gonna say

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    They look at a range of feedback. Not just people with the most content completed.
    Don't start again
    The same feedback that people gave on Act 6. The content isn't just for people who have completed everything. It's permanent. Which means others will come after. We've seen what happens with Act 6 when you only tailor content to one demographic.
    But they will have to build their roster first
    People who have already completed act 6 should be invited ONLY
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    The same feedback that people gave on Act 6. The content isn't just for people who have completed everything. It's permanent. Which means others will come after. We've seen what happens with Act 6 when you only tailor content to one demographic.
    No, not really.
    @DNA3000 explained it much more adequately than myself, but what happened with Act 6 and 7 was by creating the content to challenge the best alone, it bypassed what people could actually grow into. Which is why Act 6 was changed, and 7 was rethought. Data is data, and they take into account where someone is at. It's not just about invalidating anyone who isn't done everything.
    edited August 2020
    Jaded said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    It’s feedback. They want to hit a large demographic. That’s all...GW is right, you’re overreacting.
    I haven't been invited to a single Beta
    From MD changes to Luke Cage/Rulk buff
    And I had ALWAYS all the champs
    It's just not fair
    Whaaaat said:

Jaded said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    It’s feedback. They want to hit a large demographic. That’s all...GW is right, you’re overreacting.
    It's just not fair
    That much is random. Not everyone who meets the minimum requirements will be selected.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.
    @DNA3000 explained it much more adequately than myself, but what happened with Act 6 and 7 was by creating the content to challenge the best alone, it bypassed what people could actually grow into. Which is why Act 6 was changed, and 7 was rethought. Data is data, and they take into account where someone is at. It's not just about invalidating anyone who isn't done everything.
    What kind of data is a fresh new Cav player going to give Kabam other than "It's too hard"?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I got this the other day...
    Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.
    What kind of data is a fresh new Cav player going to give Kabam other than "It's too hard"?
    That's incredibly judgmental.

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.
    It's totally not. If a player can't do 6.2 yet, how are they going to stand a chance in Act 7? It will be too hard for them, so what other feedback could they give?

And the way you defend Kabam's decisions all the time is annoying, but you're entitled to it. You're not entitled to tell me if I'm being judgemental.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

KD is on 6.3 isn't he?
    My irl friends.

Whaaaat said:

Jaded said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    It's just not fair
    So just say that you are salty about never being invited. Much easier than what you're doing now.
    It's not just that
    What kind of feedback will a person who just beat 6.1 will give?
    He won't be able to complete a single quest in act 7 without using hundreds of revives
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    One of the reasons why people are kinda annoyed that lower levels are joining us most likely due to the fact that they are taking up spaces that an actual player at that level can use

I mean How valid is the opinion of a 6.1.2 player on book 2?
    edited August 2020
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.
    It's totally not. If a player can't do 6.2 yet, how are they going to stand a chance in Act 7? It will be too hard for them, so what other feedback could they give?

And the way you defend Kabam's decisions all the time is annoying, but you're entitled to it. You're not entitled to tell me if I'm being judgemental.
    That view IS judgmental. There's been a judgment made that feedback from someone who isn't as far along as others is only whining or complaining that it's too hard.
    Their feedback is valid to forming this content. It's not just for the people who are done everything and ready to smash it the day it comes out. It's also for people working their way up to it, and everyone in between. It matters because you have to look at all feedback overall, and gauge what's appropriate. This also involves comparing where Players are at, and taking into account that some will still have to work their way to that point. It needs to be challenging, but not so much so that it becomes something that can't be grown into, which is how we ended up here to begin with.
    There's a judgment in your statement. Only people who have done everything have valuable feedback. It is wrong.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Jaded said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    It's just not fair
    So just say that you are salty about never being invited. Much easier than what you're doing now.
    It's not just that
    What kind of feedback will a person who just beat 6.1 will give?
    He won't be able to complete a single quest in act 7 without using hundreds of revives
    Node combinations?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ayyy I actually got in! Excited for my first beta (finally lol). Just to be sure, the beta feedback forums don’t open until the actual beta starts right?
    Ebony_Naw said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.

In a perfect world they would judge the fairness of the content. Regardless of capabilities due to roster limitations, a smart player can still be able to judge the value of the content in front of them on some relative scale of fairness.

I share your skepticism, because I do not believe we live in a perfect world. Still, I'd love to be wrong. At the very least, hopefully Kabam shares our skepticism and can determine if feedback us being given simply based on the perspective of someone with an underdeveloped roster with unreasonable expectations.
    I agree, some fresh Cav players can and will judge fairly. That's kind of the point though, they can't share their perspective so they'll have to look at it as if they were a player able to complete it. So why not just give the beta spots to people who can complete it instead? It's just a lack of logic that confuses me.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.

That view IS judgmental. There's been a judgment made that feedback from someone who isn't as far along as others is only whining or complaining that it's too hard.
    Their feedback is valid to forming this content. It's not just for the people who are done everything and ready to smash it the day it comes out. It's also for people working their way up to it, and everyone in between. It matters because you have to look at all feedback overall, and gauge what's appropriate. This also involves comparing where Players are at, and taking into account that some will still have to work their way to that point. It needs to be challenging, but not so much so that it becomes something that can't be grown into, which is how we ended up here to begin with.
    There's a judgment in your statement. Only people who have done everything have valuable feedback. It is wrong.
    I'm not going to bother arguing with you cause you can't be reasoned with. But the disagrees you're about to rack up will speak for themselves.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    There’s little to no point in inviting someone to complete post-Act 6 content if they can’t complete Act 6. Whilst Act 6 isn’t in its final iteration, even with attack values slashed and a few key bosses nerfed there’s still a wide array of champions that are be required and still a high skill cap for completion unless you’re going to wave your credit card around like a maniac.

Book 2 is post-Act 6, so while I really hope that the difficulty leap between Act 6/7 isn’t as stark as 5/6 I’m expecting a greater skill cap to maximise the node combinations that are on display. Players will also need a deep roster to complete it, otherwise what’s the point in having all of these fancy champions, and at this stage in the game, they’re going to need to be R5 to be usable unless you’re boosted to your eyeballs. Pre Act 6 players have only have a few R5s, are mostly casual or new and aren’t going to provide the correct sort of feedback because it’s highly likely to be beyond their skill level at this moment. The other issue is if you give the beta to a guy with 50 5* and he’s got 1 R5, he’s not going to be able to test any champions in there unless Kabam give you unlimited rank up resources and a complete roster.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Anyways... I made the tread to get help figuring out why I couldn’t join the beta. I hope it helps others with the same problem.

@Kabam Miike can you close the thread? 🤷‍♂️
    edited August 2020
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you cause you can't be reasoned with. But the disagrees you're about to rack up will speak for themselves.
    If you don't want to discuss it with me, I can respect that. Let's not pretend the Disagrees aren't Troll Food. Lol.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Are you kidding me?
    Again this fiasco?
    Don't start again
    No, not really.

If you don't want to discuss it with me, I can respect that. Let's not pretend the Disagrees aren't Troll Food. Lol.
    Fine, then the 90% of people on this thread that share my opinion and not yours will speak for themselves.
  • Closing on the request of the OP.
This discussion has been closed.