**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Electro Rework Suggestion

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
What's both fun and daunting with writing up an idea for an Electro rework is that he has absolutely nothing going for him that you can build on, except for his Static Shock. I tried to rework that ability so that it is not as annoying to fight against, while also providing more benefits to Electro himself.

Aside from that, I wanted him to be a Shock machine and to specifically work well against robots seeing as how they're usually run on electricity.

Signature Ability - Electrical Engineer

Max Dillon’s past as an electrical engineer gives him an advantage when fighting Robots. Whenever a Robot champion gains a Regeneration Buff, Electro can turn one Shock effect into a Spectre Debuff by landing a Heavy attack. The Spectre Debuff lasts for the duration of the opponent’s Regeneration Buff.

If damage from this Spectre Debuff kills the opponent, Electro gains a Regeneration Buff at the beginning of the next fight with 40% the potency of his opponent’s Buff. This Buff can only heal a maximum of 10% of Electro’s Max Health.

All attacks

All of Electro’s attacks are considered Energy damage. His basic attacks do not make contact with his opponent and all have a 15% chance to place a Shock Debuff on them.

Additionally, Electro's Critical Rating is increased by up to 3150 based on the stored Power in both him and his opponent.

While Electro has at least 1500 increased Attack Rating, he gains a personal Shock effect every 6 seconds. A maximum of 3 such effects can stack through this ability.

Shock Jockey - Passive

Electro takes no damage from Shock effects. Each Shock on him increases his Attack Rating by 500 and grants 15% additional Static Shock damage.

When a Shock effect expires naturally off Electro, he also gains 10% of a Bar of Power.

Enemy Energy-based effects gain 75% additional Ability Accuracy and Duration.

Damaging Debuffs

Whenever Electro is suffering from an Energy-based Debuff, each tick has a 20% chance to be converted into a Shock effect on him instead of dealing damage.

Each tick of a Coldsnap Debuff has a 25% chance to convert one of Electro's personal Shock effects into a Frostbite passive, in addition to dealing damage. Frostbite passives deal damage when they expire.

Each tick of a Bleed or Poison Debuff has a 25% chance to remove a Shock effect from either Champion, in addition to dealing damage.

Faraday Mind - Passive

Electro’s mastery over electricity allows him full control over the electrical impulses in his brain. He is immune to reverse controls and other mind-altering effects, and he cannot Miss an opponent as a result of them tampering with his mind. He can, however, still Miss opponents who are by their own nature intangible.

Each time an opponent fails to exert mind control, Electro places a Shock Debuff on them.

Static Shock

When an opponent makes contact with Electro, he gains Static Shock Buff that reduces the damage they inflict with attacks by 38% for the next 5 seconds. After it expires, he places a Static Shock Debuff on the opponent, dealing 150% of the damage as Energy damage over 2 seconds.

This Debuff is Science-based, dealing increased damage to Mystic champions and reducing their passive Power Gain by 35%. It deals no damage to Skill champions unless Electro is under a Shock effect, in which case it deals 50% reduced damage.

Against Robot champions, Static Shock has a 10% chance per Shock effect on either champion to Stun them for 1 second when it expires.

After expiring off the opponent, Static Shock goes on cooldown until after the next Special Attack launched by either champion.

Blocking

When Blocking a Projectile basic attack, Electro places a Shock on the opponent that Stuns them for 1 second.

Whenever he hits into an Auto-Block, he places a Shock Debuff on the opponent. Should Electro be Stunned by the Auto-Block, he Purifies it by removing a Shock effect from himself. If he has no Shock effects on himself, he cannot Purify the Stun.

Special Attack 1

100% chance to Stun the opponent for 2 seconds and place an Energy Weakness Debuff on them. This Debuff reduces their Energy Resistance by 20% for 10 seconds. Max 2 stacks.

Special Attack 2

100% chance to Stun the opponent for 3 seconds and place a Healing Spark Debuff on them for 10 seconds. This Debuff increases their Block Penetration by 50% and makes Electro heal 160% of any Energy-based Block damage he takes while it is active. If an attack is not Energy-based, he heals 80% of any Block damage he takes from it.

Special Attack 3

When fighting Robot champion, place a Circuit Break passive on them for 25 seconds. While Circuit Break is active, they gain a Shock Debuff every time they fill a Bar of Power. If they use a Special Attack while under the effect of a Shock Debuff, they are Power Locked for 3 seconds and gain another Shock Debuff.

Comments

• Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    How would you parry him? You say you want to make him less annoying to fight against, but this feels significantly worse
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    @Raichu626 You mean due to his non-contact basic attacks? Yeah, I see what you mean. I had initially written that only his Medium attacks would be non-contact, but I must have changed it to (all) basic attacks. It was meant to counteract damage-on-contact abilities but I see how it would make him hard to parry. That wasn't the intention.

My bad on that one.

The post is edit-locked so I can't change it, but if I could I would probably rewrite it in a way to make it clear that he can be parried normally but does not trigger nodes and abilities like thorns (or, indeed, Electro's current static shock).

That said, skill champions can now attack him at will without taking any damage (as long as he doesn't end up with any shocks on him), and all champs can throw special attacks at him freely as long as they are a bit careful to wait out the static shock. Even with my parry-blunder in there, I still think he would be more easily fought by more champions in the game than he currently is.

• Hello @Ercarret. Thank you for your suggestions. We appreciate you share them with the community!