**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Miles not missing unblockable attacks

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Presly said:

Presly said:

I decided to try miles against SOP Darkhawk, as his sp1 is unblockable, but it turned out that only the first hit of the sp1 is unblockable and the beams/ projectiles after that are not so Miles has only 35 % chance to miss them. This confused me cause there are few special that only the first hit that is easy to evade is unblockable and the rest can be locked which makes miles ability kinda useless.

It's got to be bugged at the moment. Spidergwen has the same ability but with evade and she evades darkhawk easily.
    Thats the reason i was so confused, as she can easily do darkhawk and in the same times miles cant miss it.
    Miles’ is actually better too, since he has it from the start of the fight, and Gwen needs 2 sp1s to get hers.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    It's not just the first hit, even one hit specials do not work. Feels like 35% chance, regardless.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Would be good to hear some verification on if this is a bug or not.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

Presly said:

Presly said:

I decided to try miles against SOP Darkhawk, as his sp1 is unblockable, but it turned out that only the first hit of the sp1 is unblockable and the beams/ projectiles after that are not so Miles has only 35 % chance to miss them. This confused me cause there are few special that only the first hit that is easy to evade is unblockable and the rest can be locked which makes miles ability kinda useless.

It's got to be bugged at the moment. Spidergwen has the same ability but with evade and she evades darkhawk easily.
    Thats the reason i was so confused, as she can easily do darkhawk and in the same times miles cant miss it.
    Miles’ is actually better too, since he has it from the start of the fight, and Gwen needs 2 sp1s to get hers.
    U clearly don't know how spider Gwen works
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Presly said:

Presly said:

U clearly don't know how spider Gwen works
    My rank 3 Gwen would disagree.

Each charge gives 7% chance to evade. When it's unblockable you get +550% of 7 which is 38.5 = a total of 45.8 %. Meaning with each charge you need 3 to be able to fully evade an unblockable special. Gwen starts the fight with 1 charge, so you have to use 2 Sp1's to fully evade an unblockable special.

Tell me, which part of that is wrong? And if it's not, tell me which is better:
    An ability that is always active from the start of the fight or one that needs 2 sp1s to get to?
  • Hey there, passing we've passed reports along to the rest of the team, but if possible, could you share the info requested in the forum bug report template? Particularly, any video you have and specific info on who the opponent was, what specific nodes were active, and which quest/mode you were in when the fight occurred are all extremely helpful in trying to look into and replicate things.
    edited August 2021

Hey there, passing we've passed reports along to the rest of the team, but if possible, could you share the info requested in the forum bug report template? Particularly, any video you have and specific info on who the opponent was, what specific nodes were active, and which quest/mode you were in when the fight occurred are all extremely helpful in trying to look into and replicate things.

https://streamable.com/p31oiu

First one misses, second one gets hit, fourth ones get evaded.

Defender is: Iron Man

Nodes are: cosmic wrath, energised, enhanced special 2, special 2 bias.

Quest mode is: Back Issue 7, variant difficulty; chapter 3.1

In all honesty, recreating won't be hard, I found it harder to find a fight where it does work.

As far as I can tell, it works when unblockable is part of the defenders base kit.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★

Hey there, passing we've passed reports along to the rest of the team, but if possible, could you share the info requested in the forum bug report template? Particularly, any video you have and specific info on who the opponent was, what specific nodes were active, and which quest/mode you were in when the fight occurred are all extremely helpful in trying to look into and replicate things.

The GIF I showed was the IMIW in abyss
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Any update on whether a fix will occur?
    Yeah, would be nice for an update on this or at least acknowledgment that this is a bug that will be fixed. I have a ranked up Miles now that, in my opinion, isn't working -- which is funny for a newly introduced buff to have bugs when the whole point of dropping to two per month was to spend more time and get them right...
  • Hey there, the team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. if you haven't yet, i would recommend restarting your game to make sure it is implemented properly.

Hey there, the team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. if you haven't yet, i would recommend restarting your game to make sure it is implemented properly.

https://streamable.com/q0p8vw

Tested on same path, v7 3.1, enhanced special 2.

Works through multiple specials on Iron Man, worked through first 2 or 3 specials on Cable, applied rupture/taunt with heavy, then didn't work on that special.
    edited September 2021
    https://streamable.com/3bp4zp

Same fight. Not related to taunt or rupture, seems I just got lucky.

Unblockable fails the first time in fight, ran same fights with Spidergwen who evades unblockable no problem.
    Sorry to post multiple times but I can't edit anything and I have been testing this new rank-up a bunch obviously, trying to see where his abilities would actually be useful.

Looks like it boils down to it being an enhanced special attack and only the first hit being unblockable.

Would like some clarification on if it's working as intended because Spidergwen can evade the whole special, when she only increases the chance against unblockable special attacks.

Enhanced special one is not an unblockable special attack, outside of the first hit; so if the mechanic works that way for Spidergwen it would be nice for Miles to work that way too?

Hey there, the team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. if you haven't yet, i would recommend restarting your game to make sure it is implemented properly.

Any updates?
    @Kabam Zibiit can you confirm that Miles is working as intended now?

Miles will not work the same way as Gwen's unblockable evades? If so, is there any way to put forward the idea to work the same way -- Miles currently doesn't have a ton of utility so this extra mechanic would be a nice touch but by no means game-breaking as Gwen already does it (with extra utility; slow, enervate etc).

• miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 152 ★★
    So, I took my Miles to r2 and get hit by unblockable specials in every fight I take him to. Just went against Jugs in EQ and got hit by unblockable special at least 3 times. Here is a short video against Guardian in 7.2.5. This really needs to be fixed, as this mechanic is basically the only reason to rank-up Miles.

• miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 152 ★★
    I thought it might be a well-timed block thing, but Parry does not appear. Also, "Miss" does flash for a split second, so it looks as if a part of the beam was missed or something. Another weird thing is Shock appearing before Guardian even threw his special.