**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ms. Marvel Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

As someone who was highly doubtful of the show, this was a very solid premiere, and Iman Vellani is perfect casting. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    mods please let this one stay up this time
    this doesn’t break any rules
  • Options
    I've never seen how any of your previous ones broke rules (unless it's the whole not being about the game rule) that being said, I'll come back to this in a couple hours and after watching the newest Obi-Wan episode
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Where did the last one go? Was someone being racist?
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Think I’ll pass on this one. Looks like a generic high school drama with shotty sfx, which isn’t my kinda thing. Marvel hasn’t been hitting the mark with their movies or shows (other then most of Moonknight) so I don’t think I’ll miss much.

Did you watch Shang-Chi? No Way Home? Loki? WandaVision?

The movies aren't on par with phase 3 but you have to remember this is a REBUILD phase. Its not all going to make sense right off the bat.

If you disliked Doctor Strange then its because the "leaks" and theories for that movie were out of control just because the title had "multiverse" in it.

I played marvel's avengers on xbox where she was the main character. She sucked there, but so did the game. While this show is not exciting, it still seems interesting considering she is the first inhuman on earth 616 to appear - im sure this show is going to be a small stepping stone into the eventual introduction of them.

Harsh to judge on a show based on the trailer.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I kinda enjoyed it! I think it’s a cool light hearted show, not gonna be for everyone but I love seeing the different culture.

The stylised filming was awesome too, the texting sequence where Kamala was talking to Bruno about her mum not letting her go was really well done.

Kamala is super charismatic, the casting is perfect.

Avengers con did make me laugh, especially since The Boys has been released this week and it’s exactly the sort of thing Vought would do.
  • Options
    psp742 said:

Does it mean Ms Marvel Kamala Khan will get a buff too?

No - as per the usual response, no character in game will get a buff based on the show, an movie release.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★

Think I’ll pass on this one. Looks like a generic high school drama with shotty sfx, which isn’t my kinda thing. Marvel hasn’t been hitting the mark with their movies or shows (other then most of Moonknight) so I don’t think I’ll miss much.

It's not even close to what you described. Did you even watch it? It was a really solid show so far and more true to the source material than any other show so far. Only thing is how she gets her powers. Since technically, Inhumans don't exist in the MCU, at least as far as the show is concerned, they couldn't do the terrigen mist.

Other than than, her powers through bracelet are mimicking her comic powers.

Moon Knight was a great show but no where near comic accurate. Ms. Marvel is intended to be light hearted, much like Into the slider verse was.
    I’m kinda going with the theory that the bracelet has a terrigen Crystal in it, and they’re going to go with her inhuman backstory.

SPOILERS FOR DR STRANGE
    Because BlackBolt was in MoM, I think they could be starting to bring inhumans in
    Agreed. That's why I made sure to say "technically" because I am not sure where this show falls on the timeline in terms of before or after MoM but since they are released around the same timeframe'ish... I imagine they didn't want to spoil any inhuman stuff for MoM.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    The comic was great so I’m def interested in checking this out.
  • Options

I kinda enjoyed it! I think it’s a cool light hearted show, not gonna be for everyone but I love seeing the different culture.

The stylised filming was awesome too, the texting sequence where Kamala was talking to Bruno about her mum not letting her go was really well done.

Avengers con did make me laugh, especially since The Boys has been released this week and it’s exactly the sort of thing Vought would do.

I played the Avengers game when it came out and it was interesting to see that it felt like her intro into that game as well.
  • Options

I played the Avengers game when it came out and it was interesting to see that it felt like her intro into that game as well.
    the single player story of that game is really enjoyable. I enjoyed all of the characters and the story has a lot of interesting things going on.

The rest of the game… not so much
  • Options

the single player story of that game is really enjoyable. I enjoyed all of the characters and the story has a lot of interesting things going on.

I just didn't like how they handled the OG avengers in the game. The DLC looked intriguing but not enough to bring me back. Such a missed opportunity
  • Options

Yeah, it was incredibly repetitive. Though I do want to play as Black Panther at some point so might download it again and update it. But if people thinks MCOC has a ton of bugs...... they should look at Avengers lol.
  • Options

Are you following the youtube channel? The commenters are really living a trip
  • Options

Yeah, it was incredibly repetitive. Though I do want to play as Black Panther at some point so might download it again and update it. But if people thinks MCOC has a ton of bugs...... they should look at Avengers lol.
    This is exactly why I get over MCOC bugs...there are games that are in a much worse state
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★

Ngl most of the bugs have been fixed now and the game is in quite a better state(I’m talking about Avengers).
    Playing it once in a while with friends is fun considering that combat is fun
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    I loved it. I loved the fact that the names on the plaque at Coles were all the creatives on the comic and that Agent M, Ryan Penagos, was the guy hosting the cosplay at AvengerCon.
  • Options
    318Chubz318Chubz Posts: 121 ★★
    I loved the first episode, it definitely gave SCOTT PILGRIM vibes. All the effects and silly drawings, and of course the strict parents who want their child to grow up.

I’m going with her NANI use to wear the bracelet, and handed it down to Kamala. The bracelet probably got TEREGIN CRYSTAL to activate her powers. An the end credit scene, those might be INHUMAN secret agents.
  • Options
    they're Damage Control. The guy was in No Way Home.
  • Options
    Btw, anyone else think the cosplay by the frenemy zoe was reminiscent of the carol danvers ms marvel outfit?
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Btw, anyone else think the cosplay by the frenemy zoe was reminiscent of the carol danvers ms marvel outfit?

yeah, probably deliberately so.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Malreck04 said:

I’m think it was like this one