**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ant Man Quantumania Trailer Spoiler Discussion Thread

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/ZlNFpri-Y40
I’ve been waiting for this for so long and it looks so good!

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Kang looks superb. Also, Bill Murray obviously.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,602 Guardian
    edited October 2022
    So they got someone to take the place of the Stan Lee cameo moment.
    Even referencing Spider-Man.

And are they pulling in some Mystic Sorcerer aspect into the movie (in the trailer, ala Dr Strange hand/arm conjuring at a portal) ?

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Gonna have to wait and see :)
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Is Kang the only villain in this movie??
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

I heard rumors that the main antagonist will actually be MODOK.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

MODOK would be sick
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    I love the humor tone in the Antman films, it doesnt look forced and stupid like Thor s, and yet this seems to have a bit of a dark serious tone as well, cant wait.

Also, i hope they finally explain Janet Van Dine s powers or whatever that was that made her heal Ghost.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★

So they got someone to take the place of the Stan Lee cameo moment.
    Even referencing Spider-Man.

And are they pulling in some Mystic Sorcerer aspect into the movie (in the trailer, ala Dr Strange hand/arm conjuring at a portal) ?

it's just some old white guy. Not every old white guy is Stan Lee. This level of stretching is enough to make Mr Fantastic gasp in shock.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    this kinda looks like a guardians movie if i’m being honest

excited for kang
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Felt no excitement
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Typhoon said:

MODOK would be sick
    He was in an trailer for it (was illegally posted to YouTube, from that Disney con or whatever it was called event), wouldn’t get why he wouldn’t be in it
    edited October 2022

Typhoon said:

MODOK would be sick
    He was in an trailer for it (was illegally posted to YouTube, from that Disney con or whatever it was called event), wouldn’t get why he wouldn’t be in it
    They've possibly made changes to the movie since then. And I think they want people to know that kang is the next big villian like thanos was. So giving a small glimpse of him gets the hype going.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Antman and Gotg both work, for me anyway, because I have low expectations. I don't say that as a derogatory comment, it's just because neither are a "main event" film I end up happy with whatever comes my way and for casual viewers it is still enjoyable without having to watch everything ever made to be able to keep up.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    its strange, antman shehulk and ms marvel trailers were not taken down but any whiff of black panther trailer then its automatically taken down...
    gatta love the weird mechanics
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    I just hope they don't kill Antman for the sake of setting up young avengers or to establish how strong/ dangerous Kang is.
    Paul Rudd is doing amazing job as ant man and is fun to watch
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Looks exciting!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I just hope they don't kill Antman for the sake of setting up young avengers or to establish how strong/ dangerous Kang is.

This might be more of a have your cake and eat it too situation where they can show Kang killing off and Alternate version of Ant-Man while still keeping ours alive and well.

Antman and Gotg both work, for me anyway, because I have low expectations. I don't say that as a derogatory comment, it's just because neither are a "main event" film I end up happy with whatever comes my way and for casual viewers it is still enjoyable without having to watch everything ever made to be able to keep up.

To be fair the first two Ant-Man films didn't really impact the larger MCU as a whole, so it's easy to keep that expectation low since they're more self-contained stories where you're just enjoying time with the characters. That being said having him encounter Kang in the quantum Realm implies that Scott's Adventures are about to become a little bigger than a one-off Heist.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★

Normally i d agree with u, but i d rather see Scott die than become what Thor has...

To be fair the first two Ant-Man films didn't really impact the larger MCU as a whole, so it's easy to keep that expectation low since they're more self-contained stories where you're just enjoying time with the characters. That being said having him encounter Kang in the quantum Realm implies that Scott's Adventures are about to become a little bigger than a one-off Heist.
    What? I'm sorry but ant man has had one of the biggest impacts on the mcu as a whole in general thanks to the quantam realm.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

This trailer *feels* like the MCU has some of its mojo back. Maybe it’s just Jonathan Majors, but there’s a more epic quality to it than the most recent trailers/films.

Dr. Zola

That’s the same feeling I had! This felt more polished, visually more stunning than past few films, I think marvel is ready to take the reigns back! I think Black panther will get things kicked off and antman will run with it
    I hope you are correct! We need a multi-film plot line that has real stakes. Kang could be the guy to deliver on that…

Dr. Zola
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Looks exciting!

This might be more of a have your cake and eat it too situation where they can show Kang killing off and Alternate version of Ant-Man while still keeping ours alive and well.
    I think that could work where the serious threat Kang is shown without having to get rid of our current Antman. The trailer was put together well and I'm hopeful this movie, Wakanda Forever, and the Guardians Holiday Special will all bring back the spice of Marvel that we certainly did not get with Thor Love & Thunder.
    Buttehrs said:

What? I'm sorry but ant man has had one of the biggest impacts on the mcu as a whole in general thanks to the quantam realm.
    The quantum realm definitely played a big part in endgame, on that I agree but I'm referring to what he was dealing with in his films primarily. The whole thing with the quantum realm was a happy accident since it was all about trying to locate Janet and that paid dividends later on.

Buttehrs said:

The quantum realm definitely played a big part in endgame, on that I agree but I'm referring to what he was dealing with in his films primarily. The whole thing with the quantum realm was a happy accident since it was all about trying to locate Janet and that paid dividends later on.
    And the entire second movie dealt with the quantum realm and ghosts powers being connected to it.
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    SuelGames said:

Normally i d agree with u, but i d rather see Scott die than become what Thor has...

Totally agree with you on this, but i doubt its possible to ruin a character as much as they did with Thor in Love and Thunder.
    They did make him a comic relief in Endgame and if that's the case than yes, better to give him a proper send off