**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why do bots jump away?

Hello.
Tell me, please, how to fight with bots, when they always jump away? Aspecially on the war of unions. When I try to attach the champion of the enemy it jumps away. And the main is that after it attackes me the enemy's champion waits for my attack, and when I try to attack it, - it jumps away and then it jumps to me again and again attacks me. It is VERY DISOHNEST! Please, deactivate the opportunity of bots to jump away from my champions.

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    What bot?
    What's war of unions?
    What game are you referring to?

Welcome to the forum for your first post. Glad you are providing your first hand experience and feedback to this company. Keep it coming. They love your feedback.

Are you referring to Sentineloids in AQ?
    When you mention war of unions, are you referring to AQ (Alliance Quest)?

Good luck and cheers!
  • Marvel contest of Champions
  • War of unions is war of alliances
    War of unions is war of alliances

You mean Alliance War, i.e. AW?
    There's no bots in AW

When you say Bots, are you referring to AI, i.e. Artificial Intelligence?
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »

There's no bots in AW

I think he means AI dexterity evade and dash back.
    shchong2 wrote: »

There's no bots in AW

I think he means AI dexterity evade and dash back.

Agreed, I think "why AI dexterity is able to evade my attack" and "why when I rush at them they manage to dash back and intercept me and unleash their combo to beat the **** out of my butt or K.O. me before I even wake up from the surprise" make alot of sense. :)

I think many beginners faced this, until they learn know the "move-set" of each characters, learn to "detect the opening" and learn to reliably intercept, or reliably stun/parry and counter the opponent (assuming stun-immune).
  • The problem is that when I blocked 5 anemy's hits, at the moment if blocking the fifth hit I try to attack the enemy's champion it makes dash back, I make 3-5 hits in air, while this I am unable to move or block, and the enemy's champion moves back to my champion and makes another 5 hits, which I, as I have said above, am unable to block or evade. OK, I understand, that the enemy's champion can dash back and after the fifth hit of the enemy's champion I continue waiting a bit and I am surprised to see, that the enemy's champion also WAITS, doing nothing. But when I try to attack it, it dashes away. So I am NEVER able to attack the enemy's champion. Please, repair this.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    The problem is that when I blocked 5 anemy's hits, at the moment if blocking the fifth hit I try to attack the enemy's champion it makes dash back, I make 3-5 hits in air, while this I am unable to move or block, and the enemy's champion moves back to my champion and makes another 5 hits, which I, as I have said above, am unable to block or evade. OK, I understand, that the enemy's champion can dash back and after the fifth hit of the enemy's champion I continue waiting a bit and I am surprised to see, that the enemy's champion also WAITS, doing nothing. But when I try to attack it, it dashes away. So I am NEVER able to attack the enemy's champion. Please, repair this.

Problems solved by getting dexterity and parry,If you already have them,just know all of us experience this,and it ain't an issue,Maybe you're reaction time after the AI hits you 5 times is quite slow.Id recommend watching tutorials.
  • No problems aren,t solved with dexterity and parry. Dexterity is the same dash back. But when I successfully dash back and return to the enemy's champion I either hit it in block or recieve hits from it. Parry in theory may work, but to parry I need the enemy's champion to attack me. However the enemy's champion usually attackes me only after me trying to attack it.
    Now about of reaction - I manage to defeat the champion with the rate more than 9000 on the alliance quest with the champion with rate 3000-4500, however it is very hard to me to defeat with the same rate champion the champion with rate 4000 on the alliance war.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    No problems aren,t solved with dexterity and parry. Dexterity is the same dash back. But when I successfully dash back and return to the enemy's champion I either hit it in block or recieve hits from it. Parry in theory may work, but to parry I need the enemy's champion to attack me. However the enemy's champion usually attackes me only after me trying to attack it.
    Now about of reaction - I manage to defeat the champion with the rate more than 9000 on the alliance quest with the champion with rate 3000-4500, however it is very hard to me to defeat with the same rate champion the champion with rate 4000 on the alliance war.

looks like u r not habituated with aggresive a.i. Practice duels & PvP arena after 20th win streak.
  • UC439 wrote: »
    looks like u r not habituated with aggresive a.i. Practice duels & PvP arena after 20th win streak.
    How to practice? How to fight such enemies?

• AI, to my mind can't be so educated. I can admit, that AI can dash back to evade my attack, but I can't understand that AI can wait for me to attack it doing nothing. I suppose that AI must dash back in arvitrary moment of my attack, but not wait for me to attack it and dash back in the moment of me beginning the attack.
  • @shchong2 You did great with a first time poster. kudos to your attitude.
    @Prizrachnii_Gonshik you are thinking that the mechanics of this game are like another similar action game. *cough* DC *cough*. You need to know that no two games are similar with their mechanics. What you need to do is practice more, you'll get skilled in no time. good luck.
  • @shchong2 You did great with a first time poster. kudos to your attitude.
    @Prizrachnii_Gonshik you are thinking that the mechanics of this game are like another similar action game. *cough* DC *cough*. You need to know that no two games are similar with their mechanics. What you need to do is practice more, you'll get skilled in no time. good luck.

I understand that there are no two similar games. However the AI in the game for all people mustn't be as educated as AI, which defeated Kasparov in chess.
  • edited April 2018
    What you need to do is practice more, you'll get skilled in no time. good luck.
    How to practice? I can't understand how to fight such AI. In videos gamers dash back evading the enemy's champion's attack then immediately dash forward to the enemy's champion and attack it. I tried to repeat but when I dash forward to enemy's champion I either hit it in it's block or I recieve its hits being unable to block them.

• What you need is a mastery setup to do those. You would require the "Parry" and "Dexterity" mastery to have at least one point in them to do those things as a few people have already told you to in the posts above. to which you said you already did those. Now all you need to do is practice more. The AI would seem harder at first but you'll get used to it.
    An important point, never try to emulate the high skilled players when you're still learning and get frustrated. Been there, done that so emphasis on never
  • Now all you need to do is practice more.
    How? I told you that I don't understand what to do to manage to hit the enemy's champion. Give me, please, step-by-step instruction.

• Hiya! Looks like this conversation has revealed itself as a gameplay and strategy discussion rather than a bug discussion, so I've moved it over to the Strategy and Tips forum. Good luck!
  • Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39
    Hi Гонщик! By 'practice" everybody means to try and go duels, fight in arena, do harder quests. Harder quests are not gonna have Dexterity and Parry, but you can try and recognize timing and how AI reacts. It is true that it's different every time, but the more you fight the more you'll get used to it. I've been playing for 3 years now and still sometimes they surprise me. it's not that they learn new things, it's just that they use their actions sometimes differently.

Spidey and Nightcrawler evades are different though. Those are tricky and require either a champion that ignores it (like fully duped Black widow, or Karnak after special 1), or fighting very carfeully doing only couple of hits each time to give you time to back away if they auto-evade.

I hope it helps. How long have you been playing by the way?
  • I have been playing fo 1,5 years with interruption for a year (2,5 years all in all).
    Rakot_UofC wrote: »
    but you can try and recognize timing and how AI reacts.
    I understand this. I can't understand how I should react in surcumctunces, written above.

• Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39
    I'm not sure how else to help here by myself with just words. There are some educational videos on Youtube. @Dorky_Diggery_Dave has some pretty nice videos on how to evade, intercept and parry. Those should be helpful.
  • O.K. I shall post my video. Because, as I have said, I do just like in videos, however I either hit the enemy's champion in block or recieve hits from it. What I do wrong?
    @shchong2 You did great with a first time poster. kudos to your attitude.

@Eye_of_the_Universe, thank you for your kind words. All of us were once a new forum member knowing nothing about this place. All of us were once a new MCoC players where we once got K.O. by the AI without knowing how to react. But I'm glad to see everyone here are discussing in a constructive way and trying to help patiently. And I know this is how a healthy thread will go, BECAUSE I look at the names and I see NO FAMOUS trolls. Whenever a thread has NO famous/notorious trolls come in, the thread will go in a very healthy manner. :D

Very often I also noticed some "veteran members" who have been TOO OLD to remember how it was like being a new member or a beginner, always tried to mock or ridicule new member's questions. How can we expect someone new to feel welcomed to post and discuss if their first ever post already attracked many hostile responses.

Once again, kudos to everyone here, trying to discussion with OP and provide various feedbacks and resources! Everyone here is a good role-model! :) Good luck and cheers!
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    You've just have to learn timing man, like others are saying.
    I would say a very large part of the basic combat mechanic in this game is learning where the windows are that you can successfully make contact with an attack.
    Most characters windows are slightly different and nodes also effect these windows.
    For example a stun immune Rhino can't be intercepted, so your only options are to counter attack after he uses heavys and specials. You might get lucky to counter after a normal hit that is blocked or whiffed, but its not likely and risky

Ai aggressiveness and different game modes are another that effect the windows
    the AI in arena, Aq and Aw do not operate the same way.

If you are struggling Daves videos are awesome to help you along.

Good luck in your quest to improve your fighting techniques.
  • Stewman wrote: »
    How to find them?
    Stewman wrote: »
    How to find them?

8wbwp1r2snh0.png
  • edited April 2018
    Thank you very much! I will definitly look them. If after that I will still have questions, - I will write them here. It is good that there are so many kind people here.
  • Yes, It began to work out!