**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's the reasoning behind certain degrees of punishments?

So on the forum, we've seen arguments for harsher punishments against people who cheat in alliance war, and go against Kabam's terms of service.

What's the reasoning behind Kabam's current stance of the level of degree they give out punishments?

Conspiracy theory says they just want the cheaters to keep spending.

I want to approach it from a different perspective..

What are other possible reasons why cheaters should still collect awards?

Or if a moderator wants to shed better light on this issue, such as, why the developer team believes taking off some points from alliance war is enough punishment.

Comments

• Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    i'd say it's only ok for Kabam to forgive them...once.

Past that, it's 2 strike- out. Reinstating a practice of cheating in every form after getting caught and penalized before should be dealt with 0 tolerance.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    hurricant wrote: »
    If they punish the spenders, they will no longer spend. It's not rocket science

Spenders doesn't equal cheaters.
    No need to punish spenders.

And if cheaters are spenders, shouldn't make them immune to the dev's/community's scrutiny.

I'm trying to figure out of there are other reasonable reasons for taking a much lighter stance when it comes to punishments.

Also,

On the flip side,
    If <Alliance A> really is piloting, but kabam has no way to see that on their end, then it's clear <Alliance A> won't get docked.

On the other hand, if <Alliance A> plays fairly, then what can be done to help remedy how players view this alliance and their members?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Now, I love Kabam, the game, and what they've accomplished. If there's currently a means for people to pilot under Kabam's radar, my hope is that Kabam's team has been working to try to get that fixed.

I know it sucks to hear that, but I think it makes sense
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    peasant wrote: »

And if cheaters are spenders, shouldn't make them immune to the dev's/community's scrutiny.

I'm trying to figure out of there are other reasonable reasons for taking a much lighter stance when it comes to punishments.

Also,

On the flip side,
    If <Alliance A> really is piloting, but kabam has no way to see that on their end, then it's clear <Alliance A> won't get docked.

On the other hand, if <Alliance A> plays fairly, then what can be done to help remedy how players view this alliance and their members?

I'm not saying all spenders are cheaters. I'm saying the people who have been caught cheating in this case are heavy spenders. If Kabam punishes them, the heavy spending will stop. That's all
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Also,

On the flip side,

I'm not saying all spenders are cheaters. I'm saying the people who have been caught cheating in this case are heavy spenders. If Kabam punishes them, the heavy spending will stop. That's all

Yep, the trouble is; the amount kabam would lose in future from banning or punishing the spenders who are cheating is very likely to be vastly greater than the amount the average player would stop spending due to this situation. From a monetary point of view it would be a silly idea to punish the cheaters. Which is sad, but perhaps the reason we won’t see much done about it.
  • hellgoalhellgoal Posts: 22

Also,

On the flip side,

Yep, the trouble is; the amount kabam would lose in future from banning or punishing the spenders who are cheating is very likely to be vastly greater than the amount the average player would stop spending due to this situation. From a monetary point of view it would be a silly idea to punish the cheaters. Which is sad, but perhaps the reason we won’t see much done about it.

Some of those cheaters spend over 50k a year. It will take a life time for an average spender to spend a fraction of that
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Just the opposite, really. All cheating investigated has received the same actions in War. That's pretty fair. I'm not really getting into the conspiracy that they allow people to cheat if they spend. As for actions, they can vary depending on situations, and ultimately it's their decision what actions to take, but in terms of Seasons, it has been consistent, in spite of the recent hysteria.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Players who've recently admitted to breaking terms of service receiving or not receiving consequences will give us more to go on
This discussion has been closed.