**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The new rifts are definitely underwhelming

Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
xts0f7owfc4r.png

For a master rift, this is really shabby. Really, really shabby. First off, everything’s in a chest, and that’s just not a lot of fun. And second of all, only 3600 t2a shards and 500 5* shards? Come on now, every other rift event before this was better. This is just subpar, and if rewards for rifts are gonna consistently house a full 5*, a class 5*AG, and a FULL t2a except for this time around? What’s the excuse? The rewards for a monthly event have no excuse to take a step back in quality as the game moves a step forward.

I sincerely hope next month takes that step forward.

Comments

• LetLet Posts: 11
    Am yet to try a master rift what are the potential rewards @Kabam Miike
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    Yep, about as underwhelming as this games become.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Yeah. Can’t be bothered with them anymore.

Wish they released something big like lol2 instead of these 685782 **** monthly events
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    How is anyone above T2A and 5* Shards exactly? Lol. Not that I care if people skip it. Just curious how they can see it as worthless. The game hasn't even progressed to that point, not that it will.
    edited July 2018
    Nobody is above them. It’s just that when rifts came they were amazing cause t2a was such a huge deal. 5* gem still is. Then they came again. And rewards stayed same, hype fell down. They came 3rd time same rewards 18 months later. Same rewards. They return now ish they are even worse.

To put in perspective when they came first time around high end players had 1-2 r4s and 15-20 5* in general

Now.... high end players have 2-3 r5 5* 10ish r4 5* with total about 100ish 5* and 5-10 6* and yet rewards stayed same or got worse.....

So yeah it’s just.... underwhelming
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    first time rifts appeared you could get a 5* AG or 1 full t2a. 2 years later with game progression now onto 6*, you get 1/3 of a t2a as top prize and no AG (cause 4th july is coming i guess). On top, % chanches are hilarious. 1% chanche of 1/3 of a prize which 2 years ago held such a mightier value.

Laughing stock material, and second time in a row after bounties that i won't bother doing them at all, nor completing lower difficulties. All in all, all the energy refills it'd cost woul prolly get me 2/3 of a t2a from offers, lmao.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    How is anyone above T2A and 5* Shards exactly? Lol. Not that I care if people skip it. Just curious how they can see it as worthless. The game hasn't even progressed to that point, not that it will.

People’s expectations are that the rewards for events won’t regress given that the game itself has progressed quite a bit in terms of difficulty. So I can understand being disappointed to see rewards less than those from 2016 being found in an event in 2018.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Regretted to have bought that bundle. Master rift gave me 3,000 red shards for a two star chest. Plus 500 red shards as bonus.

Dude that was actually good. 3,500 5* shards from one quest is really good.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    The rewards are less but theyve said you are able to do it more times than the rifts so doesnt that kind of balance out?
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Regretted to have bought that bundle. Master rift gave me 3,000 red shards for a two star chest. Plus 500 red shards as bonus.

Dude that was actually good. 3,500 5* shards from one quest is really good.

by red shards he/she means chaos crystal shards not 5* shards. it is a visual bug
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    I’ve looked over the cost of these and there’s no way u will get many runs at it !! So no u won’t be able to do many more then the last rifts will rubbish rewards- keep walking backwards - Kabam set up and evolve with the game make the rewards better as it evolves not worse or the same!!
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    The fact that there's only 5* shards and t2a shards in the master rift is pure trash. 5* shards I need, but I already have three expiring t2a, and I'd bet my account that I'll only pull T2a shards on any master rift I play.
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Just ridiculous. Kabam still give us NOTHING.
    Veteran players like dumbs. Scandalous.
    No rank down tickets, no AG 5s more available, we still waiting a compensation for “their server issues”, no aq refresh (just a little change and wanna remember map 6 is the same from years), no info for act 6, every time same monthly quest and same contents, still issues for regular aw whitout cheaters and robbers.
    Probably they wanna the veterans quit
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104

I’m glad I didn’t spend $20 now.
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83

I’m glad I didn’t spend $20 now.

The problem isn’t kabam. The problem are people continue spend ton of money for nothing.
    20 dollar for 500 red fragments??? That’s crazy.

Stop spend! The only mode for be hearing to kabam!
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104

They reduced the rewards from the past. So that’s insulting.
    Also 60 energy plus time spent is not worth it when Uncollected is going on along with 100% Act 5, LoL runs etc.

At least these saved me from grinding just like last months Assignments and Missions. Waste of time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

They reduced the rewards from the past. So that’s insulting.
    Also 60 energy plus time spent is not worth it when Uncollected is going on along with 100% Act 5, LoL runs etc.

At least these saved me from grinding just like last months Assignments and Missions. Waste of time.

I agree with you, mostly. I just wanted to touch on your point on energy. "60 energy plus time spent is not worth it." Does that mean that you don't think 2000 5* shards is worth 60 energy? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I am honestly done with extra stuff to so. Please no more
  • edited July 2018
    Hey All,

Couple things to remember here are that these rifts are pretty similar to ones from the past, but with a big difference. There are no longer separate entry items for each level of difficulty. You can run only Master over and over if you wish, or only normal again and again and again. The rewards were tightened up a little, as in we compressed the curve between the "best and worst" available rewards.

So, while very similar, this is not the exact same event, but I have forwarded your feedback to the team.

Hey All,

Couple things to remember here are that these rifts are pretty similar to ones from the past, but with a big difference. There are no longer separate entry items for each level of difficulty. You can run only Master over and over if you wish, or only normal again and again and again. The rewards were tightened up a little, as in we compressed the curve between the "best and worst" available rewards.

So, while very similar, this is not the exact same event, but I have forwarded your feedback to the team.

That is even worse though. Because before we GOT to go through all easier rifts and get extra stuff along the way, now we obv will choose the master one , that has worse rewards , and won’t get any from lower ones
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Hey All,

You make it sound like Master can be ran an infinite amount of times, "over and over." We can only purchase 5 particle disks for it. Yet to see how easy it will be to even come by Pym canisters from monthly EQ or a heavy arena grind.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Why are we complaining about t2 alpha fragments and 5* shards ? 3600 is better than nothing and 3500 5* shards is nice from one run js
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    not sure why the need of purchasing one entry for master is better then the old system where you got half an entry for the next tier on completion is marked as a bonus. but the last time those rifts came allong you could get at least 4 entries of the highest tier, one from the lowtiers beginner-heroic, one for master, one for uncollected and the last (maybe even two, not quite sure there) from the daily/3day events.
    now you can purchase 5 total.
    for the rewards, maybe its more or the same on average, but loosing the 5*ag, the full t2a and both fully formed 5* rewards feels like a big loss. and i dont feel its anywhere near the average if the old numbers where accurate, cause the old 1% chances where way more valuable then the current ones.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Everything’s smaller in the micro-realm.

Dr. Zola