**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inverted Control Bleed

I am starting to wonder, with this inverted control, is code bleeding out into other areas of the game / hero playability.

Since the latest EQ, I have noticed for example, (only play 1 handed), that I can be dashing or blocking. Then all of a sudden I am throwing punches mid air. Look down, index finger is clearly on the far left of the screen (and I mean at the edge of a 9.7 inch ipad screen), with left hand holding the underside of my tablet.

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 221
    It could possible be making it worse, not sure. Honestly though, that has been happening for over 1yr now. So many different threads about the exact same thing, so many ppl, so many different devices, and OS’s. I’ve never seen a response about fixing it, so I wouldn’t expect a fix
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Any mods want to comment?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    Did you just claim the code for inverted controls is effecting controls even if you arent playing against Frost? Is that really what I just read?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Draenath wrote: »
    (only play 1 handed) .

That’s your issue.
    edited September 2018
    @Demonzfyre - I asked a question. The controls at the moment are all over the place - so yes, I am asking that. Just like numerous other code has had unintended consequences in the past

@Hammerbro_64 - hasn't ever affected me, and I have played pretty damn high, Top 500 AQ alliance and Tier 3 AW
    Ive heard a lot of crazy stuff on here and this is right at the top.
    edited September 2018
    Why? Explain with your vast knowledge why code couldnt bleed like that @Demonzfyre, instead of making snippy remarks - back it up with some rebuttal that actually has some logic behind it
    Why? Explain with your vast knowledge why code couldnt bleed like that @Demonzfyre, instead of making snippy remarks - back it up with some rebuttal that actually has some logic behind it

For that to happen, someone would have to write it that way or the code would magically have to write itself onto the code that controls player movement. As of right now, inverted controls are a effect of special move from 2 characters. Not from a node or boost effect. The coding would have to be re-written to effect non-special attack motions. Highly, highly doubtful that the code can re-write itself in order to effect normal movement. I would agree that you playing 1 handed is more to blame that some ghost code re-writing itself. Lay off the sci-fi channel.
    edited September 2018
    Like how suddenly extra nodes were added to Map 5 awhile back unintentionally? And numerous other things that break characters that aren't intended - Iceman's Coldsnap being a prime sudden example
    Bit like how suddenly extra nodes were added to Map 5 awhile back unintentionally?

From what I remember that happened after a update with the sentienls in AQ. The map is something that was already created ans being tested by the dev teams. It was activated by mistake. The game didnt magically create extra paths and nodes just to mess with people.
  • Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 68
    Opposable thumbs man use them
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I am starting to wonder, with this inverted control, is code bleeding out into other areas of the game / hero playability.

Since the latest EQ, I have noticed for example, (only play 1 handed), that I can be dashing or blocking. Then all of a sudden I am throwing punches mid air. Look down, index finger is clearly on the far left of the screen (and I mean at the edge of a 9.7 inch ipad screen), with left hand holding the underside of my tablet.

Funny I was going to post the same thing. And it’s not the one handed thing. I play with one hand when I’m at dyalisis and 2 handed the rest of the time. And the result is the same. And it seems to happen more in harder AQ and war maps and in harder story and event quests.
    Like how suddenly extra nodes were added to Map 5 awhile back unintentionally? And numerous other things that break characters that aren't intended - Iceman's Coldsnap being a prime sudden example

Its not a result of some rouge strand of code re-writing itself over other code. Its the result of broken code.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

For that to happen, someone would have to write it that way or the code would magically have to write itself onto the code that controls player movement. As of right now, inverted controls are a effect of special move from 2 characters. Not from a node or boost effect. The coding would have to be re-written to effect non-special attack motions. Highly, highly doubtful that the code can re-write itself in order to effect normal movement. I would agree that you playing 1 handed is more to blame that some ghost code re-writing itself. Lay off the sci-fi channel.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Honestly, I have been a Sr Software Engineer / Architect for 12 years, and with some of the insanely creative bugs that kabam has created in this game, I am never ceased to be amazed with each successive patch. I know what the OP is talking about. I was able to evade a special attack dashing forward today (no idea how that happened) right after fighting emma frost. Didn't proc dexterity but didnt take damage...
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

Hi,

What you are describing sounds to be more likely related to performance issues or lag. If you haven't already, please contribute to our dedicated thread to iOS performance issues here.
This discussion has been closed.