**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions Clash Coldsnap in Chapter 2.

Comments

• damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    5698 x 200% = 11396 //global node
    11396 / 12 = 949.67 //per second
    949.67 / 2 = 474.83 //per tick
    474.83 / 50% = 237.42 //50% DOT reduction
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Can we please get an official response from Kabam to confirm:

1. What has changed and why (I assume it is an unintended consequence of some other change, but clarity would be appreciated)?

2. When we can expect the issue to be fixed?

Or is it now working as intended and those that haven’t yet completed it just have to put up with having a tougher challenge than those that already have?
    @Haji_Saab what makes you think it applies to us only?
    Reading the node again I see what you mean, it currently says "DOT effects do 0% less damage to the defender"
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    KnightZero wrote: »
    KnightZero wrote: »
    I am afraid now is the correct damage. People who did it before got lucky. I calculated the damage and it should be around 469 per tick without resistances ...

The 600+ ticks are including bleed and poison suicide damage.

I don't run suicides. Check the picture.

And you are ticking at 438 per tick... which is exactly what I said ...
    That's only the first one. As you go higher it ticks for way more. 700+ from the 4th onwards

See my reply to Zola... that is also accurately calculated damage ...

Look, you guys got the rough deal as compared to people who completed it before update..that is the main issue

Perhaps we could get a game team expert to drop us a line here? If this is the current version of Coldsnap damage after the update, and we just have to eat it, then it’s either press on or punt. But it would be nice to get a sense of what changed and why with the new update. Seatin’s screenshot certainly doesn’t come close to 750 per tick, but I would like to know how that last Iceman gets to just 412 each tick. Happy to respec masteries or buy a boost to knock out the last two lanes, but some sort of explanation would make it all go down a bit easier.

Other than “updaters got hosed,” any other thoughts @Haji_Saab ?

Dr. Zola

In previous update, the 50% reduction which should have applied to you, also applied to defenders. So, that's the bug.

Now, you have two options, think about ice-phoenix.. it's that but 6 times now .. Or you need to find a cold immune champ ... So, options are:

Cold immunes:

Ghost
    Sabretooth
    IMIW
    Mephisto
    Corvus (not sure if he is? but he can do it)

Regen champs:

GR
    Rogue
    OR
    x23 and others

or brute force with tech champs with potions

All right, and if I had the any of the first class of champs I would have brought them.

Second class, yes—got some on the team. But, like many others, I checked out a couple lines of the content pre-update to get a feel for the unavoidable damage and formed my team accordingly. It wasn’t even close to what it currently is.

Tech and Brute my way through the last couple. And maybe drop a few points on resistance.

Dr. Zola
  • TheWitcherTheWitcher Posts: 36
    [/quote]
    In previous update, the 50% reduction which should have applied to you, also applied to defenders. So, that's the bug. [/quote]

It's not right, many people completed the event with a bug, if your developers failing, keep the bug for all.

damianohm wrote: »

Node now specified “Defender” gets the reduced damage. May have said that earlier, but I don’t have a screenshot.

Dr. Zola
    Basically means you 100% need a coldsnap immune champ.

Shoulda carried on when I was testing!!

Void and Magik will do way more damage too.

Node now specified “Defender” gets the reduced damage. May have said that earlier, but I don’t have a screenshot.

Dr. Zola

Just checked it on Seatins video and it does say the same.
    edited December 2018
    TheWitcher wrote: »
    In previous update, the 50% reduction which should have applied to you, also applied to defenders. So, that's the bug. [/quote]

It's not right, many people completed the event with a bug, if your developers failing, keep the bug for all.

[/quote]

So...another question: if someone completes content, and that content is bugged in their favor (and they reasonably should have known, being expert Summoners and all), doesn’t that have all the markings of being an “exploit”?

Trying to understand how this all should shake out...

Dr. Zola
    I don't think you can punish people too much for using bad coding to their advantage.

I think the problem is that they have made the change without saying anything and have made it without fixing it correctly. I think knowing that enough people would have had an unfair advantage they should have fixed it so that the 50% applied to both opponent and defender the same way. This gives everyone a fair playing field.

Not mentioning the knock out heavy punching with wasp that some would have been able to use when it first launched.
    I don't think you can punish people too much for using bad coding to their advantage.

I think the problem is that they have made the change without saying anything and have made it without fixing it correctly. I think knowing that enough people would have had an unfair advantage they should have fixed it so that the 50% applied to both opponent and defender the same way. This gives everyone a fair playing field.

Not mentioning the knock out heavy punching with wasp that some would have been able to use when it first launched.

Probably correct...but in almost 4 years I’ve seen less be termed an exploit. Just have to wait and see what the response is...ideally, it should be the same content for all. This isn’t like Act 4 getting watered down long after it was released. This is literally mid-event and punishes players for doing what they claim to want—download the latest version, stay up to date, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It's a very dirty play.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Probably correct...but in almost 4 years I’ve seen less be termed an exploit. Just have to wait and see what the response is...ideally, it should be the same content for all. This isn’t like Act 4 getting watered down long after it was released. This is literally mid-event and punishes players for doing what they claim to want—download the latest version, stay up to date, etc.

Dr. Zola

Exactly. Mid event changes without any notification too. And all because we updated the game. Had we known this would happen, pretty sure all of us would have either not updated or finished it before the update
  • RustybladeRustyblade Posts: 26
    Not only coldsnap, magik's limbo damage has also increased
  • RustybladeRustyblade Posts: 26
    edited December 2018
    Also blade bleed damage has decreased,
    Before update my r5 blade did over 300 damage now it's 183 per tick.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    I haven't updated the game so its still saying 50% in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. So what ever they have done with the update is broke.
    Demmabak wrote: »
    Wow so many replies from concerned players about a serious bug/exploit or whatever to call it and literally no response whatsoever from this shady company yet again. Why am I still playing this game again????

They are a few hours behind EST, so they may just be getting to work. But this does merit some kind of explanation so those of us who are waiting can decide what we want to do. With resources already invested, there’s likely no turning back, but it would be appreciated to have an acknowledgement that the content got ratcheted up.

I was marveling at my ingame friends and the people on this forum who claimed to have knocked it out with just a smattering of pots. Now I better understand why...

Dr. Zola
    Rustyblade wrote: »
    Also blade bleed damage has decreased,
    Before update my r5 blade did over 300 damage now it's 183 per tick.

Because they have fixed the node ... so not only magik, ice and void will do more damage to your champs, your own champs will do half the damage ... so, the content just became 4x more difficult ...

So is that my Kabam holiday gift? 🤣

Dr. Zola
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Is this going to be fixed as fast as the wasp’s bug ? :):)

edited December 2018
    TKal wrote: »
    Is this going to be fixed as fast as the wasp’s bug ? :):)

@TKal here’s the problem: I’m pretty sure it doesn’t need fixing, based on @Haji_Saab ‘s calculations and my understanding of Coldsnap. That means everyone who completed before updating was able to exploit the possibly bugged programming and those of us who play it after updating are left to deal with massive amounts of damage.

Could we have brought a Coldsnap immune champ? Sure, if we had one, but for everyone who started or tested or watched someone play it before updating, it really didn’t seem necessary. Losing several K health on a 20K+ health champ automatically each fight could be completely managed by healing up from round to round.

Dr. Zola
    Demmabak wrote: »
    Wow so many replies from concerned players about a serious bug/exploit or whatever to call it and literally no response whatsoever from this shady company yet again. Why am I still playing this game again????

This was posted at 8pm PST last night. It is now 9:15 am. Most of the team is just getting into the office. While I understand the frustration, calling this a "shady company" because nobody has replied to a thread in the 12ish hours that most people are at home eating dinner/sleeping/getting ready for the day is not really reasonable. Even if it was the middle of the day, it's not possible for us to get to every post right away, and calling that "shady" is pretty unreasonable.

Now, as for this thread, thank you for pointing it out OP. I'm asking the team about it right now. Will let you know what is up as soon as we can.

Thanks Miike—lots of us trying to get facts and data out there and understand what’s going on here. A few off the rails comments but for the most part just players sharing notes and calculations.

Please don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I just want to say, you can take back my 5* Rocket Racoon if you want, however, I would like to keep the t2a... Thanks! In all seriousness, this is terrible bug fix, or whatever you want to call it, and I believe that the damage over time damage increase should be reverted because a vast majority of players have already completed the challenge. It wouldn't be fair to call back all of the rewards that were given out to those who completed the challenge, but seeing as far more than .00008% of players have completed the challenge already, it seems more logical to just drop the DoT effect back to the original state.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    I hope they can just revert to what it was, for fairness. Comments are correct, it doesnt just impact iceman, but Magik and Void too. And our ability to have similar DOT against the defender.

Did the first peeps running through it do it in fewer hits, because the event was bugged (and now fixed)?

Clearly someone fixed it. Did they think/hope no one would notice?

Just revert to what it was for fairness. Let people that completed in the bad time period submit a ticket for compensation (probably 75% of pots used back)