**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mistake in Offer?

Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
I just completed this quest.. and received the following offer.. I don't have an issue with the price listed.. my question.. the price that is listed as original price with the strike though.. is that accurate?ofzak1wy6vvp.png

I realize it might be different for digital goods.. but know it's illegal irl to raise the price of a product and then display a "sale" price which is actually the initial price of the product. I know this used to be common by retailers.. but after the class action lawsuit in 2013 retailers that get caught now.. usually have a hefty fine to pay.

Comments

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    These offers are made for people who are desperate to get the last bit for the next crystal. If you multiply that out, it's 7500 units for a 5*.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s not a mistake and ur right about them putting a real price as a “sale” to attract people’s cash.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    QuikPik wrote: »
    These offers are made for people who are desperate to get the last bit for the next crystal. If you multiply that out, it's 7500 units for a 5*.

That's at the sale price.. i have no issue with that.. or whatever amount they want to list it for.. my question was what they have as the original price.. which would bring a 5* to 37,500 units... even that is fine.. my question was about jacking up the "original" price to an amount which is not accurate.. in order to make the sale price even more appealing..
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Companies do this all the time to make it feel like you are getting a good deal.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Theo saw cowherds buy the 6* one. They can Put any price there. They can put 10000000 units with 99% off for 1000 units. Great deal right?
    Hey there, that crossed out price is actually the regular cost of the offer, but since you are Uncollected the offer is discounted, similar to the way Premium Hero Crystals are discounted for being Uncollected.

Thanks for clarifying. Also, good to know the considered value of 1k 5* shards and 15k gold.
  • There is typically a discount for a short time, like the 1 hours shown. So it if is 750 for 1st hour, it might jump to 1000 after the hour. But still, that is a huge discount for being Uncollected, 1000 vs 3750 ??
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I don't know any player that would pay the actual price.$110 for 1000 5 star virtual shards. That would make a basic 5 star worth $11,000 @Kabam Zibiit are you trying to say your company thinks a 5 star hero is worth that much?
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    I don't know any player that would pay the actual price.$110 for 1000 5 star virtual shards. That would make a basic 5 star worth $11,000 @Kabam Zibiit are you trying to say your company thinks a 5 star hero is worth that much?

That’s a little over $1000 for a basic. Still insane
    MattMan wrote: »
    Very interesting to say the least.

There are very specific rules (in Canada anyway) about what can be legally considered “regular price” and I seriously doubt this meets those criteria.

“unless these suppliers have sold a substantial volume of the product at the represented ordinary price, or alternatively, these suppliers have offered the product for sale in good faith at the represented ordinary price, this price can not be referenced as the ordinary price, and an issue is raised under subsection”.

So the question is, has Kabam ever sold 1,000 - 5* shards for 3750 units or the equivalent dollar value? Have they sold enough for this to qualify as the “ordinary price”? I highly doubt it. Seemingly this offer would be false or misleading advertising by Canada standards.

Thanks for that.. you made the point i was trying to in more words but easier to understand.. I'm in Canada as well.. so maybe the lawsuit I saw a while back is only relevant in Canada..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MattMan wrote: »
    Very interesting to say the least.

There are very specific rules (in Canada anyway) about what can be legally considered “regular price” and I seriously doubt this meets those criteria.

“unless these suppliers have sold a substantial volume of the product at the represented ordinary price, or alternatively, these suppliers have offered the product for sale in good faith at the represented ordinary price, this price can not be referenced as the ordinary price, and an issue is raised under subsection”.

So the question is, has Kabam ever sold 1,000 - 5* shards for 3750 units or the equivalent dollar value? Have they sold enough for this to qualify as the “ordinary price”? I highly doubt it. Seemingly this offer would be false or misleading advertising by Canada standards.

I believe if players not uncollected are actually getting that pop up offer at that price (I don't know, I've been uncollected for a long time and I've never seen it myself) that would qualify as a good faith offer at that price.

And I know this seems unbelievable to some, but every offer we see that we see more than once is being bought by someone. Lots of someones, or they wouldn't keep popping the offer. I know someone that bought a Ducati that still lives with his parents. It is unfathomable, but it happens.

To be honest I was wondering about those offers myself, because they looked like an error to me as well. Maybe if someone that is still not uncollected can post a picture of the undiscounted offer for confirmation.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    0z8ky9mjjnis.jpg
    This is the only regular offer for 5* shards which would make the offer they are giving highly inflated at the reduced price. Of course a grand master crystal sells for 300 units in the crystal tab so it makes it very hard to calculate the true value of this offer
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    When 5*'s first came out I can totally believe that that was the original price for 5* shards...look at 6* shards right now...the offer released today has you spend 10,000 units to get 2500 6* shards... and that is after 6*'s have been out for a bit...earlier, it was much worse offers for 6* shards....just like early when 5*'s were released, this may have been the price for 1000 shards.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I don't have any screenshots, but I am reasonably sure that in the past that offer was regularly 1,000 (not 3750) and discounted for uncollected to 750 (a reasonable 25% discount). I wonder if the value was just a mistake in that particular offer today?
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    but know it's illegal irl to raise the price of a product and then display a "sale" price which is actually the initial price of the product. I know this used to be common by retailers.. but after the class action lawsuit in 2013 retailers that get caught now.. usually have a hefty fine to pay.

It depends, auto manufacturers have a MSRP, and the dealerships can apply any deal or reduction in order to move units. Is the MSRP the correct price? Or is it a ploy to mislead the purchaser by allowing the dealership to lost it’s own price? Many retailers use the same Suggested Retail Price as a way to show how much the consumer is saving.

Your statement suggests that what Kabam is doing is illegal, but is it? The 3000+ units would have been about right when 5* were first introduced and people had very limited ways of getting shards. People were paying $100 for a 4* champ when I first started. Prices since have dropped, but it is not so far off as to what the price was.

Now, is it a good deal? No. But as my Alliance Leader @QuikPik said, they are for players that can’t wait (like ones that are 1k shy of a 5*).

Buyer beware is more than a motto.
    I don't have any screenshots, but I am reasonably sure that in the past that offer was regularly 1,000 (not 3750) and discounted for uncollected to 750 (a reasonable 25% discount). I wonder if the value was just a mistake in that particular offer today?

That was my initial question and the title of the thread.. however according to the response from Kabam.. the amount listed with the strike through it, is the actual price.