**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nick Fury Eye Patch Glitch

Did anyone notice that typically Nick Fury’s eye patch is on his left eye (as in the movies), but while fighting it shifts to his right eye?

Comments

• RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    They literally flip the sprites and character models lol
  • Same with Bucky's bionic arm, it is mirror opposite when he is fighting from left side vs right side. And Champion's missing arm, etc, etc.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Carry over from 2D games and hardly ever changed despite the crazy technological advancements since that was a requirement. Sagat in Street Fighter V has his patch and scar oriented correctly on both sides and Thing's belt has the 4 facing correctly on both sides.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Nick fury is a skrull confirmed. Just that it's a skrull with little attention to detail
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    its a few lines of code to mirror it.
    and this is a few lines of code in the fight scene code.

to use proper models and animations would not only create extra time in development as they have to rotate and then re run the animations.
    every champ would need its animations and models saved twice on your device.
    which would double the amount of space each champ needed.
    and seriously increase fight loading time and massively increase ram usage of the game.

so before anyone calls out developers for being lazy as i have seen done before on this very topic think about the sheer size of the game and the extra loading time and potential in fight lag that would be caused if it was done with proper rotated models and animations.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    It's his life model decoy
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    Sentry always bugged me, with the S becoming a Z
  • IlikeblanketsIlikeblankets Posts: 56
    Yeah I caught that yesterday. For some reason I never payed attention but while playing the Week 2 episode I was like, "hey wait a minute!"
    Kabam??

• GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    Those flips always get me, since Unity makes it so easy to use one model and just rotate it 180 degrees.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    The last time i trusted kabam to animate me, i lost an eye...and gained one....and lost it again
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

What they said, though a lore explanation could be "Well that's just a Nick Fury from a Universe where his Eye Patch is on a different Eye..." Lol

LMAO! This is the best explanation for the sprite-flip I have ever seen....
  • Rikurema said:

They literally flip the sprites and character models lol

Thanks for the assist on this, gang! This is correct. We flip the models when they're on the opposing side. This only really ever gets extremely noticed when the character has a bionic arm, or a certain color scheme, or an eye patch.
This discussion has been closed.