**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes to Enhanced Special 1 node

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
So, apparently there's a change for that node. What's the reason?

Comments

• Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    It used to be all hits with a second or so were unblockable, so you could be standing right next to war machine, Block his special and get hit but if you were far away from him and blocked by th time the attack reached u the unblockable would’ve expired.
  • Is it just to basically clarify that if you evade the first hit or beam, then you can actually block the rest of the SP ?
    Although if it is only a descriptive clarification, interesting I guess I never realized you could block Hawkeye's SP1 arrow on an Enhanced node (or similar, but then again those are the easiest to just evade and aren’t multiple arrows/rocks/etc)
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Its not a change, the text has just been updated to represent the unblockable special node behaviors that already exist in the game.
  • @Jh_Dez is correct. This is not a change to the node, but an update to the description so it's more accurate to what the Node's ability actually is. It's a little more wordy than we would like, but it's accurate now!
    Jh_Dez said:

It's always being like this
    Good thing they've now included it into the description
    A good example is spiderman. The web shots aren't unblockable but the punches are
    Same for Ultron sp2. The energy shots aren't unblockable but the punches are
    I wonder if this new description affects war machine's sp1

I agree that it would be pretty difficult to put the bullets that war machine uses in sp1 and in winter soldiers' sp2 into the description haha.
  • Wait, regarding @Jh_Dez comment, are you saying Spiderman's initial web blast CAN (?) just be blocked, which then let’s you continue to have control and then just move away from his punches ??
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★

Wait, regarding @Jh_Dez comment, are you saying Spiderman's initial web blast CAN (?) just be blocked, which then let’s you continue to have control and then just move away from his punches ??

Of course
    That's actually how I evade his sp1
    block the webs and evade the punches
    Some are able to fully evade everything tho
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,416 Guardian
    edited March 2019
    So what about Ultron as you mentioned too. Aren’t those actually “Beams” ?

And thanks, although I thought I’ve always been hit by Spideman web shots on that Enhanced SP1 guard node.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

More like orbs rather than beams. He shoots beams in his L3.

Wait, regarding @Jh_Dez comment, are you saying Spiderman's initial web blast CAN (?) just be blocked, which then let’s you continue to have control and then just move away from his punches ??

Well to be accurate, there is specific window after his web shots and before his physical punches where you can dexterity out of the way. You just gotta get that timing right. Same goes for Ultron sp2, but I feel the window for Ultron is abit smaller.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    Why not just make the whole attack unblockable thats what unblockable special means right? not sections of a special? Being picky on what parts of an attack seems really weird

Alpha Scorpion
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    @Alpha Scorpion Try evading winter soldier’s sp2 and come back
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    But this seems to be missing info lol not my profile lol
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    this is why I don't like Iron-man/superior Iron-man or any Cyclops with this node they are to dodge when its just one attack that go form one side to the other.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Basically it is like IMIW: if you can evade the first hit, you can block the rest. But it is good to know it is not only him.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

But this seems to be missing info lol not my profile lol

Yeah, noticed those to. I think 'Enhanced Precision' lacks info as well. The wording of precision nodes was always off.
  • Fraspy2_1Fraspy2_1 Posts: 22
    What about killmonger's 2nd special attack, are those two daggers unblockable?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Oh another thing, the "Unblockable" Node that makes All Special Attacks Unblockable makes *Every* Hit of the Special Unblockable.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Fraspy2_1 said:

What about killmonger's 2nd special attack, are those two daggers unblockable?

No, but the Kick at the end is.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

And thanks, although I thought I’ve always been hit by Spideman web shots on that Enhanced SP1 guard node.

It’s not a beam
    It’s a projectile with time flight, so you can block them