**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bleeding Human Torch Not Reducing Incinerate Length

I just fought Human Torch a couple different times in the bounty mission using various different champions that cause bleed in order to test out his ability that reduces the duration of his incinerate effects by 4 seconds while bleeding. While he was bleeding I let him hit me and his regular combo hits were still applying a full 3 second incinerate. Looks like the bleed reduction isn't triggering. There were no nodes that increased the duration of his incinerate, neither champion had smolder, and he was at zero temperature.

If I'm understanding the ability correctly if Human Torch is bleeding his regular hits should be zero second incinerates (3 seconds minus 4 second penalty) thus not applying at all. Please take a look at this ability.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I just fought Human Torch a couple different times in the bounty mission using various different champions that cause bleed in order to test out his ability that reduces the duration of his incinerate effects by 4 seconds while bleeding. While he was bleeding I let him hit me and his regular combo hits were still applying a full 3 second incinerate. Looks like the bleed reduction isn't triggering. There were no nodes that increased the duration of his incinerate, neither champion had smolder, and he was at zero temperature.

If I'm understanding the ability correctly if Human Torch is bleeding his regular hits should be zero second incinerates (3 seconds minus 4 second penalty) thus not applying at all. Please take a look at this ability.

I dont know if this is a bug but I just did him in bounty quests. I noticed the same as you, but one time I got hit with a combo and he incinerated me, those had the 4 seconds removed from its timer. I am not sure if this is a bug or bad description.
  • Hey there, would you be able to tell us what Champions you were using? And if you have any video of this occurring?

Hey there, would you be able to tell us what Champions you were using? And if you have any video of this occurring?

I was using sabertooth. He was talking full length incenerate from attacking human torch but reduced when human torch got a combo in.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    As I went to record a video I found the ability was working properly, I must've made a mistake thinking I had tested it on Master but I was actually still in Epic (which has the debilitate node doubling the duration). Sorry about that. Feel free to delete this thread.

@Lormif Maybe his temperature was high when you attacked him, which makes the incinerate last longer. It's likely by that point he had thrown some L1's which would get his temperature up which would also decrease slower for every incinerate and smoulder on either champ.

As I went to record a video I found the ability was working properly, I must've made a mistake thinking I had tested it on Master but I was actually still in Epic (which has the debilitate node doubling the duration). Sorry about that. Feel free to delete this thread.

@Lormif Maybe his temperature was high when you attacked him, which makes the incinerate last longer. It's likely by that point he had thrown some L1's which would get his temperature up which would also decrease slower for every incinerate and smoulder on either champ.

his temp was at 0.
    573739 said:

Instead of asking for proof Kabam try playtesting. Torch is broken right now. With everything going on with invulnerable frames and special counter issues, it was decided that blocking torch’s special has a negative effect. The fourth hit on his sp1 goes across the screen yet it’s not a projectile? His sp2 is setup to make dexing it “almost” impossible because of the range he uses and the fact that you run out of realestate on the screen.

they didnt ask for proof, they asked for what champs we were using so they could playtest. As for evading it I am about 70% sucessful at it, it is not that hard, you just have to evade 4 times quickly.