**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

In app purchases now being taxed???? Why

rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
I have spent more than my fair share on this game and it seems that the legitimate cost of an item should be posted in the store. I purchased a 50$ Google card like I do every week and went too buy BP treasure chest only too be declined with 50$ on my Google account I should be good right???? Wrong called Google and apparently its taxed now but if that's the case the taxed price needs too be updated or lower the price too equal out the taxes. Something should be done it needs too be fixed removed or something its bs in my opinion. Anyways this is my rant

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    In app purchases have always had tax.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394

I week ago no tax
    Today tax

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    rnr87 said:

I week ago no tax
    Today tax

The app store has charged tax for a while now, looks like the play store is now as well, if it didnt, now. But this is the payment processor not MCOC's issue.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Google lets you choose if you want to pay taxes or not. Just click on the arrow on the right. At least it was like that 3 days ago
    I agree it should be posted in the store that u are making a purchase from . I mean when u go too McDonald's and buy a big mac with a debit card its tax is shown in the total not after the purchase is made should the tax show up. I feel the tax should be worked into the selling price as is already it shouldn't be added too the back end after u make a purchase.
    And both purchases I showed 1 is from today the other is 8 days ago no tax. That's what I'm getting at u say a while now and I have a pile of receipts with no tax on them and now today it's all of a sudden taxed
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    I made purchases in other game and no taxes everytime...its this game that is being taxed
    This is the first time I've ever been taxed in mcoc and I've made hundreds of purchases. So these will be my last I'm not a fan of hidden taxes that shows up after purchase is made
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    rnr87 said:

I agree it should be posted in the store that u are making a purchase from . I mean when u go too McDonald's and buy a big mac with a debit card its tax is shown in the total not after the purchase is made should the tax show up. I feel the tax should be worked into the selling price as is already it shouldn't be added too the back end after u make a purchase.

Mcdonalds control the entire purchase process, MCOC does not. The play store controls this 100%, and MCOC has no control. It does not list it because it does not know if you are or are not being changed tax because its based on where you live.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

Taxes are charged based upon your region and local laws and aren't set by Kabam. If you have a purchasing question you may want to reach out to Google for support.
This discussion has been closed.