**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iPhone 8 getting hotter than normal?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
Anyone else noticing their iPhones getting hot quick and running slowly since the latest update? I hope this isn't a repeat of last Summer's issue which apparently damaged a whole lot of iPhone batteries.

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Im using 8 plus. Yeah, unless you’re playing in an air conditioned room or a fridge, then the device heats up.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Haven't noticed it at all, got an iPhone 8 too and I was doing variant for an hour and a half straight (without lockin my phone once) was just a lil warm
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    nope, although i got mine in september so who knows
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    More often than not it's a battery issue. Frequent overcharging, for example by charging while you sleep, or charging it with a third party charger, can lead to deterioration of the battery, resulting in higher temperatures (and potential spontaneous combustion). It is by far the most common cause of fires in the house.

This may explain the different experiences, since an older iPhone will have been charged more often and some batteries may have a longer healthy life because of healthier charge behaviour.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

If you are having any performance issues, please report them in detail in our dedicated performance thread. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.